There are 288 users in the forums

Pledge to make Candlestick loud!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Originally posted by jerryziggy81:
I went to every game last year, and I agree the stick gets loud occasionally on 3rd downs. Can everyone imagine what it would be like for opposing teams if WE can be disruptive through the whole game, every down? I know it can be exhausting and when our team is down or on a losing streak just outright depressive, but WE are the 12th man!!! If WE want another championship WE have to be supportive and make as much noise as possible.

One thing I have noticed is that all the championship caliber teams have loud fans... now I am not saying WE should want to be like them. WE should want to be louder than them!

This thread should come back every time before each game. It's got me pumped just thinking about being able to contribute to a 6th championship, but it's not going to happen if everyone goes to the stick for a sun tan. Opposing teams should think twice about coming to OUR house

That's the ticket! Let's get rowdy and help this team the best we can. Chants, taunting opposing teams and just all out noise in general.
for the ones saying that Candlestick just can't get loud because of accoustics. Go to youtube and search "the catch" then come tell me that "the stick" can't get loud. Its all about the fans. And these no good fans that just want to sit down and watch the game are ruining it for everyone else
Need to make a pledge to SHUT THE F UP when we're on offense. For those that go to the game know what I'm talking about. I don't understand the noise on critical downs on offense?! Makes no sense at all!!!

...with that said....my wife and I yell our lungs off. Voice is raspy after every game!!!
  • JahCool
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jayb49er:
I go to a couple of games every year and I have noticed a drop off in noise in recent seasons. However, I went to the last game against the skins and I have never heard the place so loud! I believe that this trend will continue and there will be more loud home games to come

by far the loudest game i've been to in recent years!!!! Then again a lot of pig skin fans in the building that we're loud too....but yah...it's a whole lot of fun when the fans are loud and slapping hi-five to people around you that you don't know!!
I'm a first time season ticket holder this season! i pledge to make the stadium loud!
I was at the playoff game against the Giants in '02 and when Tai Streets caught the go-ahead touchdown pass from Garcia, it got pretty fricken loud in there.

The problem is opposing fans. They need to get to steppin'.
  • navarro49ers
  • Info N/A
I think Im going to make a bunch of flyers this season that say GET LOUD!!!! or 12TH MAN!!! or something like that and hand them out before the games this year.

GO NINERS!!!!
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
http://armchairgm.wikia.com/Top_10_Toughest_NFL_Stadiums

How can we get on this list?

First and foremost we need a winning team. After that is accomplished, the crowd will be more rowdy. But people need to keep in mind Candlestick is a baseball stadium, not a football stadium. It CAN get loud at the Stick, I've been there when it gets noisy, but it'll never be as loud as the Chiefs or Seahawks fields because of the way it's designed.

took the words out of my mouth...
Originally posted by Antix:
The stick is always the quietest stadium to watch on TV. I've never been, but most of the time I see them on TV the stick is like a funeral on third down and if the Cowboys, Packers or Eagles happen to be in town half the stadium is wearing their uniform.
This is the only issue I've had with loving this team (besides the losing, of course). From what I hear from you guys is the average Niners fan at the game just isn't willing to scream and yell and that's a shame because the average Eagles fan is.

I don't buy the sound amplification excuse either. Instead, I think us losing has helped our fans and helped us cherish winning more because when we are winning games (e.g the Washington game of last year) I DEFINITELY could hear a difference and it has nothing to do with the stadium.

If we start winning, have a great year and get in the playoffs then I expect us to have one of the rowdiest home crowds in the playoffs.

What is in bold is also a real problem. Perhaps we need to relocate our stadium to Santa Clara and start over to help alleviate this problem.
  • Menehune49
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Need to make a pledge to SHUT THE F UP when we're on offense. For those that go to the game know what I'm talking about. I don't understand the noise on critical downs on offense?! Makes no sense at all!!!

...with that said....my wife and I yell our lungs off. Voice is raspy after every game!!!

Dude das what i'm screamin..... i'm all for gettin loud....i be yellin like there's no tomorrow every home game.....but gettin loud in the right time is the way to go. every home game last year i've noticed that on some crucial offensive play the crowd be loud as hell. then on D they just be sittin there. NO CLUE.

I went to the park two seasons ago for the Bengals Saturday night game...pretty sure I cleanly heard change fall out of Nolan's pocket from the upper deck
  • pwilly
  • Info N/A
tell me about it-

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3549147
I agree that the crowd needs to STFU when we're on offense. I wave my arms down to tell people to shut up, and even yell out "Shut UP!!!" sometimes. I kills me when people have the nerve to try and get offended at that time and say "Why can't we cheer?!?".

I scream "Because you're supposed to be QUIET when your team is on offense!! Don't you know anything about football???"
But we can't. I've already been threatened to be kicked out by security for standing up on a 3rd down defensive drive!

Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for AXEGRINDER.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I agree that the crowd needs to STFU when we're on offense. I wave my arms down to tell people to shut up, and even yell out "Shut UP!!!" sometimes. I kills me when people have the nerve to try and get offended at that time and say "Why can't we cheer?!?".

I scream "Because you're supposed to be QUIET when your team is on offense!! Don't you know anything about football???"

There will always be idiots.
Share 49ersWebzone