LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Pledge to make Candlestick loud!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
As a 52-year Niner fan who's been to scores of games over the years and quite a few Raider games as well, I always thought it was stupid how Raider fans buy a seat and then insist on standing throughout the entire game. They're so full of self-importance that they seem to think this helps the team as if it pumps up the squad or something.

To me, part of the fun is jumping up when there's an awesome play. It's completely annoying to have fans just standing there in front of you for no good reason, though. I wish fans would use their pie-holes to make things loud, but stay down until there's a good reason to jump up.

But, if you've been in a few other stadiums, you'll know that we have a problem with Candlestick. The sound gets muffled by the winds and the open areas. The really loud stadiums are usually ones that are built especially for football and, of course, the ones with domes.

U SUCK GRANDPA!! U and Granny should just stay the hell home in front of the tube and enjoy the game sipping on your Chardonnay. 4 REAL.

It's fans like U that make the Stick a homefield "dis" advantage. And anyone who says the Stick is loud is truly fooling themselves. Our stadium is consistantly one of the quietest in the league and not only that, it is PATHETIC how many fans from the opposing team invades our territory.

I'm not saying turn the place into 850 Bryant, but damn, the place is much louder once the "fair weather", "wine sipping", "bandwagon", "WAIT TILL SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENS" fans like YOU leave in the beginning of the freakin THIRD QUARTER!!!!!!!

First,learn to read...

Second,learn to respect your fellow posters here or you will be getting a visit from the mods,your post was way outta line kid.

Uh, excuse me? Have you even been to a Niner game? And I didn't know the Niners had a bandwagon in Memphis.

And watch who you call kid buddy, because i have kids that would probably whoop yo a$$ ok.
As a 52-year Niner fan who's been to scores of games over the years and quite a few Raider games as well, I always thought it was stupid how Raider fans buy a seat and then insist on standing throughout the entire game. They're so full of self-importance that they seem to think this helps the team as if it pumps up the squad or something.

To me, part of the fun is jumping up when there's an awesome play. It's completely annoying to have fans just standing there in front of you for no good reason, though. I wish fans would use their pie-holes to make things loud, but stay down until there's a good reason to jump up.

But, if you've been in a few other stadiums, you'll know that we have a problem with Candlestick. The sound gets muffled by the winds and the open areas. The really loud stadiums are usually ones that are built especially for football and, of course, the ones with domes.

U SUCK GRANDPA!! U and Granny should just stay the hell home in front of the tube and enjoy the game sipping on your Chardonnay. 4 REAL.

It's fans like U that make the Stick a homefield "dis" advantage. And anyone who says the Stick is loud is truly fooling themselves. Our stadium is consistantly one of the quietest in the league and not only that, it is PATHETIC how many fans from the opposing team invades our territory.

I'm not saying turn the place into 850 Bryant, but damn, the place is much louder once the "fair weather", "wine sipping", "bandwagon", "WAIT TILL SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENS" fans like YOU leave in the beginning of the freakin THIRD QUARTER!!!!!!!

Wow, you're not only rude, but you have a reading comprehension problem as well. I said, "use your pie hole," and I didn't mean stuff more pie in it. You don't have to stand in front of me to make noise. You can make noise from your seat. And, get a clue - the only thing that ruins the home crowd at the Stick is people selling their tickets to fans of the opposition. That's largely a modern phenomenon and a noob like you wouldn't realize that. Back in the day, the only away fans who could muster up anything close to a cheering section would be Southern Californians for the Rams. And, once in a while, Raider fans, but that's it.

First of all Mr. "Pie Hole" I am far from a "noob" when it comes to 49er Football so don't let the number of posts to the webzone fool you.
Second, maybe you have too much "pie" stuffed up in your Depends to realize you are at a football game ??
And third, the sooner u and your Bingo buddies sell off the rest of your seats we can get some real fans in there that don't mind getting a little pumped up for their team.

I think you were called a noob because you are talking trash like one.Also because you seem to not comprehend the basic english language.He said it was a good thing to get loud at the game,but he didn't see the point in standing the whole game,just when there is a reason to get up.Your personal attacks on him were unfounded and warning worthy.By the way,no one on this site even tries to use the red boxes as a status symbol,and everyone on this site except for a couple of the the trolls,are niner fans,so how about some respect for the fellow fans.
  • navarro49ers
  • Info N/A

I have to disagree with only standing up when a great play happens, I think it does help the team when they see a sea of red on there feet yelling and screaming when we are on defense. When we are on offense I like to sit and only get up when a good play happens or we are in the redzone, but when our D is on the field we need to bring some NOISE!!! but I totally agree with you that Niner fans need to stop selling tickets to our opponents that would solve like 30% of our problem.

GO NINERS!!!
[ Edited by navarro49ers on Jul 5, 2009 at 5:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

First,learn to read...

Second,learn to respect your fellow posters here or you will be getting a visit from the mods,your post was way outta line kid.

Uh, excuse me? Have you even been to a Niner game? And I didn't know the Niners had a bandwagon in Memphis.

And watch who you call kid buddy, because i have kids that would probably whoop yo a$$ ok.

All I have to say to this is if you wanna be treated as an adult,then act like one.I seriously doubt you or your kids could do anything to me tough guy.I am 6'6" 275 pounds and was a bouncer for many years in one of the roughest clubs in town.So if you are feeling froggy son,just pack a lunch and come on down to Memphis and get yourself some.Leave the kids out of it though,I do not hit children just because they have rude and obnoxious fathers.I used to set loudmouths like you on their heads without even breaking a sweat.And yes there are a lot of niner fans here in Memphis,and they are every bit as passionate as the fans anywhere else.I have been to a niner game when they played the titans in preseason when the titans were playing here in town.Going to a game doesn't make you a better fan anyhow,just a luckier one.
Originally posted by navarro49ers:

I have to disagree with only standing up when a great play happens, I think it does help the team when they see a sea of red on there feet yelling and screaming when we are on defense. When we are on offense I like to sit and only get up when a good play happens or we are in the redzone, but when our D is on the field we need to bring some NOISE!!! but I totally agree with you that Niner fans need to stop selling tickets to our opponents that would solve like 30% of our problem.

GO NINERS!!!

I disagree as well. I have been to too many mindblowingly loud college games where people are on their feet their entire time and screaming the entire time the team is on defense ... and it works.
It's gotta work in the pros too.

GO NINERS!!!

Yes, I agree with situational standing and firing up the D makes sense. I just don't like standing throughout the entire game. I think that's silly.

On top of that, you'll excuse me for being less than convinced that it makes much of a difference in the pros at all if you've got "tough-minded" teams like Walsh had and like what the current staff is trying to build. If you remember, when the Niners were at their zenith, they had a better record on the road than at home. It's easy to shut up a home crowd - you stop their offense and score on them. Repeatedly.
Another thing about "mind-numbingly loud" games. The stick is never going to be that place. You're talking about football stadiums that hold the sound. KC, for example, is like a big bowl compared to the stick. Maybe at the new stadium, fans will be able to create enough noise to disrupt an offense, but I don't think it's possible at Candlestick.
One more thing and then I'll let it go. People like me are not necessarily the problem. I've been to games in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's and I've never walked away without my throat being totally destroyed. And, I have never, ever walked out on a game. Never.
One more thing and then I'll let it go. People like me are not necessarily the problem. I've been to games in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's and I've never walked away without my throat being totally destroyed. And, I have never, ever walked out on a game. Never.

In that case please accept my apology if I offended you in any way. Your original comment just kinda reminded me of too many so called fans at the Stick that's all.

GO NINERS!!!

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

Wow, I'm thrilled this thread has received so much of a response. It's a testament to how we truly do have a big problem with noise and fan support in Candlestick. Naturally, all of us on this site have no such issues with getting loud and jumping up for good plays. Yet we all agree that others do not act in the same manner. Whoever came up with the idea of flyers, kudos to you. That's a fine idea. Can we brainstorm any other ideas on how to get the word out and make this place a true NFL stadium?

I have to disagree with only standing up when a great play happens, I think it does help the team when they see a sea of red on there feet yelling and screaming when we are on defense.
GO NINERS!!!

andi disagree with you. i do not think the players know if we are standing up or not. and if they do their attention needs to be elsewhere, like on the game.

In that case please accept my apology if I offended you in any way. Your original comment just kinda reminded me of too many so called fans at the Stick that's all.

No problem. Thanks.
  • navarro49ers
  • Info N/A
Got my tickets the other day and Im so ready for the season!! just wanted to say, to all you guys to tell every Niner Fan you see to BE LOUD at the Stick!!

GO NINERS!!!
We'll be needing to bump this thread up soon.
Share 49ersWebzone