There are 131 users in the forums

Pledge to make Candlestick loud!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
The stick is always the quietest stadium to watch on TV. I've never been, but most of the time I see them on TV the stick is like a funeral on third down and if the Cowboys, Packers or Eagles happen to be in town half the stadium is wearing their uniform.

This is the only issue I've had with loving this team (besides the losing, of course). From what I hear from you guys is the average Niners fan at the game just isn't willing to scream and yell and that's a shame because the average Eagles fan is.

I don't buy the sound amplification excuse either. Instead, I think us losing has helped our fans and helped us cherish winning more because when we are winning games (e.g the Washington game of last year) I DEFINITELY could hear a difference and it has nothing to do with the stadium.

If we start winning, have a great year and get in the playoffs then I expect us to have one of the rowdiest home crowds in the playoffs.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
At last season's opening game I sat with 49erfeeeever and his buddy all 3 of us were loud as f**k. Especially me since I had 10 too many bud lights

Anyways a man I sat next to asked me if I owned season tickets. I told him no and that I try to make it to at least on game a year. He told me "well s**t! a fan like you deserves season ticket's! I haven't seen anyone like you in a long while" He gave me a # of a friend of his who was willing to sell the rights to his seats. They were too much for me to afford so I had to decline

I was probably the only one to consistently cheer and stand up through the whole game. I event called out a fellow fan saying he was more interested in "wine and cheese" than the game.

The man who I tried to buy the seats from was a elderly man. So I think that may be the problem. The older folks who had there seats for years refuse to give them, up or they put them up on craigslist or stub hub for anyone to buy them including fans of the opposing team.
  • Menehune49
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
The stick gets loud occasionally on 3rd's and big downs, just that the stadium is not a good at amplifying the noise as in other stadiums.

not all that true. there is way too many people not standing up and getting loud. it really disapoints me.

shoot what i've noticed is that the stick gets more loud when the offense is on the field on 3rd's and big downs. which is totally twisted and really disappoints me. ain't the crowd supposed to shut the hell up when the O is on the field and loud as f*%# when the defense is up. right?
Won't happen. There is consistantly to many fans for the visiting team in the stands for the stadium to be loud.
Originally posted by Antix:

I don't buy the sound amplification excuse either. Instead, I think us losing has helped our fans and helped us cherish winning more because when we are winning games (e.g the Washington game of last year) I DEFINITELY could hear a difference and it has nothing to do with the stadium.

If we start winning, have a great year and get in the playoffs then I expect us to have one of the rowdiest home crowds in the playoffs.

notice how seattle has an imaginary wall from top to bottom, and candlestick is just open to let sound escape. hell the only part of the stadium that gets loud is the part that is closest to us and to the left(to the right doesn't even go on sale in field level)
If the team gets better, the crowd will get bigger and louder. It isn't the people, its a tiny bit the venue/ alot the sh*tty state of our team.

We aren't the lakers where the crowd just sucks.

[ Edited by DynastyChile on Jun 22, 2009 at 22:44:25 ]
  • Niner77
  • Info N/A
It's one of the things I hate about going to Niner games, other than the expensive parking, how the fans are not LOUD enough. I don't expect everyone to be yelling from the start of the 1st quarter to the end of the fourth, but I notice so many ppl just sitting down and clapping when our offense make a nice play or when our D gets a crucial stop. STAND UP, SCREAM! god it annoys me so much to see that. It's their right of course but damn I wish we had more rowdy fans.

I used to watch games at my friend's house, hee's a Broncos fan, and it gave me chills sometimes to hear how loud their fans got. Even more so when they visited the Chiefs. You could almost feel the stadium shaking from the noise, then the Broncos would have trouble calling audibles and getting a ton of false start penalties. It was awesome.

Maybe it's our stadium's architecture I don't know. Hopefully they'll address that with the new stadium.
  • 49erTone
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
The Stick USED to be loud...when it was actually THE STICK.

Definitely it was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tunyz0WWLSI

"Its a mad house at Candlestick" -Vin Scully

I just think that people who held on to their season tickets for a long time have gotten older and it results into bad fan experience for some fans. I personally never had a problem and I sat all over the stadium but I hear alot of people say they have had problems with getting up and cheering loud for our team.

From what I read about our early days, we had a great crowd at Kezar. I wasnt alive back then but it seems like fans were crazy back then. They were starved for a winning team (like we are now) and once again the Stick will rock
http://armchairgm.wikia.com/Top_10_Toughest_NFL_Stadiums

How can we get on this list?
Originally posted by Menehune49:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
The stick gets loud occasionally on 3rd's and big downs, just that the stadium is not a good at amplifying the noise as in other stadiums.

not all that true. there is way too many people not standing up and getting loud. it really disapoints me.

shoot what i've noticed is that the stick gets more loud when the offense is on the field on 3rd's and big downs. which is totally twisted and really disappoints me. ain't the crowd supposed to shut the hell up when the O is on the field and loud as f*%# when the defense is up. right?

That's how it's supposed to be, but what happens is the crowd starts cheering for the offense to make the big play, which does nothing but raise the possibility of a false start or a player not hearing the right signal. The ONLY time you should be cheering on offense is if a big play is being made, and by that I mean while it's in progress, not before the snap.

Originally posted by global_nomad:
http://armchairgm.wikia.com/Top_10_Toughest_NFL_Stadiums

How can we get on this list?

First and foremost we need a winning team. After that is accomplished, the crowd will be more rowdy. But people need to keep in mind Candlestick is a baseball stadium, not a football stadium. It CAN get loud at the Stick, I've been there when it gets noisy, but it'll never be as loud as the Chiefs or Seahawks fields because of the way it's designed.
  • NickDaNiner
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by navarro49ers:
Hell yeah, Ive been told to sit down many times but there is no way I sit when its 3rd down. The good thing is it seems like the crowd atmosphere is getting better in the last couple seasons at the stick. Im in LB 1

GO NINERS!!!

man every time i start gettin loud or crazy i'm told by event staff or some lame fan to be quiet or sit down its rediculous... i can only really wild out on 3rd downs bull s**t!....
I think that the stadium just needs to fill up.. I've been a season ticket holder for 4 years and have still not seen the stadium completely filled. There are empty seats everywhere. I always wonder what it was like back in the 80's and 90's when we made the playoffs every year.
I know some people point to the fact that we haven't been very successful the past several years, but that's no excuse. Win or lose, other stadiums get loud. I'm glad this post has got some discussion going on because being an East Coast fan, this really annoys me and I hope we can rectify it. Giants and Eagle fans get LOUD, we pale in comparison.

I think we really need to make our voices heard and allow our players to feel like champions when they play in that stadium. ARE YOU WITH ME?!
Originally posted by NickDaNiner:
Originally posted by navarro49ers:
Hell yeah, Ive been told to sit down many times but there is no way I sit when its 3rd down. The good thing is it seems like the crowd atmosphere is getting better in the last couple seasons at the stick. Im in LB 1

GO NINERS!!!

man every time i start gettin loud or crazy i'm told by event staff or some lame fan to be quiet or sit down its rediculous... i can only really wild out on 3rd downs bull s**t!....

I watched security take a guy out of the stadium because people were complaining around him because he was "TOO LOUD" WTF it's a football game your supposed to be loud. I am tired of these "cheese and wine" fans. Stay home and watch it at home and let the real fans enjoy the game. I bood security and they threatened to take me out as well
Share 49ersWebzone