There are 401 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

  • morghed
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49123:
The only thing that's missing is the huge bronze statutes at the top of the pedestrian walkways over looking the field.

Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Steve Young would be great starters!!!

Totally agree. MASSIVE ones.... that you can see from 100 yards away...
Originally posted by morghed:
Originally posted by 49123:
The only thing that's missing is the huge bronze statutes at the top of the pedestrian walkways over looking the field.

Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Steve Young would be great starters!!!

Totally agree. MASSIVE ones.... that you can see from 100 yards away...

like this?
ya its decent, but lets be real... that was 967 Million correct in that ballpark??? And the Cowboys stadium was 1.1 Billion. And im sure that 80 yd LCD Screen was a big part of the difference :p
Originally posted by 09etihW:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 09etihW:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by joesfumanchu:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
This is what I would have liked.



You'll have to excuse the field that is on it.

Would have been something like a modern Roman Colosseum. All it needs is Giant 9er God Statues.

~Ceadder

Good lord! How many people does that thing seat? Where is it?

I think that it is in Poland, can't be too sure though. But if you look closely at the road going by it how everything is set up it looks like it's Eastern Bloc European.

All I know is that it is round and looks sweet. Don't even know how many it seats but it looks like it's alot.

~Ceadder

You're kidding though, right? You don't honestly think this would be a better alternative - please tell me you're kidding.

I'm not kidding. The one that I posted is a much better design. The one they have slated? Can we have anything more obtuse than that? Honestly?

I mean come on it's put on a big rectangle piece of land and yet the main access is at the side with 4 stairways going up to the SAME place. And everyone goes in in the same area no matter of whether they are box or nosebleed section.

Can we say logjam at the front?

I seriously hope they have some serious changes for it otherwise...

Oh yeah did I mention that there is some cover from the weather in mine too? Contradictory to what some have heard the sun does not ALWAYS shine in California.

~Ceadderman

Ok. First of all, the stadium you're in love with is called the Melbourne Cricket Grounds. It's in Austrailia, not Poland. LOL. Second of all it's not designed for football. If you put a football field in there it would look like this:



It also holds 100,000 people. If you don't want games to be televised, it's perfect. If you want fans who are attending games to be forced to use highpowered telescopes to see the action, it's perfect.

I won't even address the points you made about the design of the new stadium because they've been addressed and discussed already in this thread. I do, however, suggest you actually do a little independent research before you make any more claims about the design of our stadium, or any stadium for that matter.

Okay aparently you have no career in architecture or anything dealing with SCALE...

Let's put it like this, they have guys called SURVEYORS. All they do is make sure their site is plumb(level) and send in the numbers to the HAWIC(head architect what in charge) and he makes adjustments accordingly.

So while your little scenario is funny for the mentally challenged, guys like me are laughing at the thought of you cut and pasting it to your limited intellectual picture.

Because if you think REEEEAAAAALLL hard, (bare with me for a second) Engineers will work out the math and get it to SCALE? Ever played with a model airplane as a kid? Looks and feels pretty damn close to the actual thing but you can't suit up in cold weather gear or G-Force attire and climb in. Now can you?

I thought not. Try again.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 09etihW:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 09etihW:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by joesfumanchu:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
This is what I would have liked.



You'll have to excuse the field that is on it.

Would have been something like a modern Roman Colosseum. All it needs is Giant 9er God Statues.

~Ceadder

Good lord! How many people does that thing seat? Where is it?

I think that it is in Poland, can't be too sure though. But if you look closely at the road going by it how everything is set up it looks like it's Eastern Bloc European.

All I know is that it is round and looks sweet. Don't even know how many it seats but it looks like it's alot.

~Ceadder

You're kidding though, right? You don't honestly think this would be a better alternative - please tell me you're kidding.

I'm not kidding. The one that I posted is a much better design. The one they have slated? Can we have anything more obtuse than that? Honestly?

I mean come on it's put on a big rectangle piece of land and yet the main access is at the side with 4 stairways going up to the SAME place. And everyone goes in in the same area no matter of whether they are box or nosebleed section.

Can we say logjam at the front?

I seriously hope they have some serious changes for it otherwise...

Oh yeah did I mention that there is some cover from the weather in mine too? Contradictory to what some have heard the sun does not ALWAYS shine in California.

~Ceadderman

Ok. First of all, the stadium you're in love with is called the Melbourne Cricket Grounds. It's in Austrailia, not Poland. LOL. Second of all it's not designed for football. If you put a football field in there it would look like this:



It also holds 100,000 people. If you don't want games to be televised, it's perfect. If you want fans who are attending games to be forced to use highpowered telescopes to see the action, it's perfect.

I won't even address the points you made about the design of the new stadium because they've been addressed and discussed already in this thread. I do, however, suggest you actually do a little independent research before you make any more claims about the design of our stadium, or any stadium for that matter.

Okay aparently you have no career in architecture or anything dealing with SCALE...

Let's put it like this, they have guys called SURVEYORS. All they do is make sure their site is plumb(level) and send in the numbers to the HAWIC(head architect what in charge) and he makes adjustments accordingly.

So while your little scenario is funny for the mentally challenged, guys like me are laughing at the thought of you cut and pasting it to your limited intellectual picture.

Because if you think REEEEAAAAALLL hard, (bare with me for a second) Engineers will work out the math and get it to SCALE? Ever played with a model airplane as a kid? Looks and feels pretty damn close to the actual thing but you can't suit up in cold weather gear or G-Force attire and climb in. Now can you?

I thought not. Try again.

~Ceadder

It was an exaggeration of point to magnify the idiotic prospect of putting a rectangle field into a circular stadium. Did you really just defend the stadium design for an NFL field, and why did you do it all smug like?
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
This is what I would have liked.



You'll have to excuse the field that is on it.

Would have been something like a modern Roman Colosseum. All it needs is Giant 9er God Statues.

~Ceadder

BUTT UGLY
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 09etihW:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 09etihW:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by joesfumanchu:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
This is what I would have liked.



You'll have to excuse the field that is on it.

Would have been something like a modern Roman Colosseum. All it needs is Giant 9er God Statues.

~Ceadder

Good lord! How many people does that thing seat? Where is it?

I think that it is in Poland, can't be too sure though. But if you look closely at the road going by it how everything is set up it looks like it's Eastern Bloc European.

All I know is that it is round and looks sweet. Don't even know how many it seats but it looks like it's alot.

~Ceadder

You're kidding though, right? You don't honestly think this would be a better alternative - please tell me you're kidding.

I'm not kidding. The one that I posted is a much better design. The one they have slated? Can we have anything more obtuse than that? Honestly?

I mean come on it's put on a big rectangle piece of land and yet the main access is at the side with 4 stairways going up to the SAME place. And everyone goes in in the same area no matter of whether they are box or nosebleed section.

Can we say logjam at the front?

I seriously hope they have some serious changes for it otherwise...

Oh yeah did I mention that there is some cover from the weather in mine too? Contradictory to what some have heard the sun does not ALWAYS shine in California.

~Ceadderman

Ok. First of all, the stadium you're in love with is called the Melbourne Cricket Grounds. It's in Austrailia, not Poland. LOL. Second of all it's not designed for football. If you put a football field in there it would look like this:



It also holds 100,000 people. If you don't want games to be televised, it's perfect. If you want fans who are attending games to be forced to use highpowered telescopes to see the action, it's perfect.

I won't even address the points you made about the design of the new stadium because they've been addressed and discussed already in this thread. I do, however, suggest you actually do a little independent research before you make any more claims about the design of our stadium, or any stadium for that matter.

Okay aparently you have no career in architecture or anything dealing with SCALE...

Let's put it like this, they have guys called SURVEYORS. All they do is make sure their site is plumb(level) and send in the numbers to the HAWIC(head architect what in charge) and he makes adjustments accordingly.

So while your little scenario is funny for the mentally challenged, guys like me are laughing at the thought of you cut and pasting it to your limited intellectual picture.

Because if you think REEEEAAAAALLL hard, (bare with me for a second) Engineers will work out the math and get it to SCALE? Ever played with a model airplane as a kid? Looks and feels pretty damn close to the actual thing but you can't suit up in cold weather gear or G-Force attire and climb in. Now can you?

I thought not. Try again.

~Ceadder

It was an exaggeration of point to magnify the idiotic prospect of putting a rectangle field into a circular stadium. Did you really just defend the stadium design for an NFL field, and why did you do it all smug like?

Yes he did. Wow. Massive Failure.
Chill out in here, fellas.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The basic concept is fine. How they dress it up will make all the difference.

for all the numerous posts in other threads and at some point consequently this one, you get the door prize. the first pics released didn't neccessarily convey a bad stadium design, it indicated a horrible, absolutely horrible 3d design group whose resume had to have included being profiecient in microsoft paint. that said, it looks like a standard stadium and ultimately its appeal will in fact be in how its dressed up.

at this point, candlestick is such a god-awful facility sans the historical context it holds for its fanbase, that anything holds the potential of being light years better. if at worst its a college stadium like ohio states, its still day and night when compared to landfill that is candlestick park
Originally posted by sizzle86:

Whoah where is that stadium from?
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
I are a fan
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by sizzle86:

Whoah where is that stadium from?

That's the Olympic stadium in Beijing, China.
the one thing about all these renders of other stadiums though is at what point does it really look like that? i live in az, the render of the cardinals stadium getting thrown about on the boards makes me laugh my rear end off. at no point does the new cards stadium really look that
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by sizzle86:

Whoah where is that stadium from?

That's the Olympic stadium in Beijing, China.

Yup. That pretty much sums it up. Though being up here in Washington, I paid attention to Qwest going up(dreaming of what could have been and what COULD be, for our beloved 9ers new digs) and I have to say that it pretty much went up the same as what the architects proposed drawings showed. I was pretty impressed how fast it went up too.

Not to carry on a dead argument, but I wasn't defending this current rendition of the proposal. I think that it is uglier than all get out and the 4 stairwells going to the same point is just about stupid. Can you bottleneck 30k+ people any better than that?

Think about it California/San Andreas Fault mmmmmm scary to think that the Architect that was employed to put this together even has a license to practice his incompetence.

So I'm sorry if I offend anyone with my criticism but it's entirely valid in this case. I've grown up around a master Architect who now lives with his Daughter and her family in Israel. I can guarantee that he would have crapped bricks at this proposal if that's all they had. Never mind this 2/3 split of the stadium. Will it be loud probably but when the dust settles who the hell cares how loud it was 3 minutes prior to the building coming down around our ears?

~Ceadder