LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New Stadium Design: Fan or not?

Ummm, one post? Ok, so I guess not posting for about four or five years resets your count. boooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by sLOWrIOT:
Ummm, one post? Ok, so I guess not posting for about four or five years resets your count. boooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back?
Thanks! I never really left. I read the board basically every day, but stopped posting. Why am I posting this then? Good question.
Quote:
The technology could let fans order food or watch replays through their smart phones, and the open, "airy" construction would be unlike the retro brick ballparks and metallic domes that have dominated recent sports architecture.

order from phones, how?
link
from the same article

Quote:
The architects also are working on ways to allow fans in selected stadium sections to go on the field before a game. And if those fans get too rowdy, there will be a cell right there in the stadium for police to lock up scofflaws, said Santa Clara Police Chief Stephen Lodge.

Cisco Systems is among the companies developing technology that would allow a smart phone or other mobile internet device to be not only the "ticket" that gets a fan into the stadium, but a tool to select customized replays, call up player stats or buy a beer from your seat.
"From the very beginning working with the Yorks, they had some different ideas," said Tim Cahill, the national director of design for HNTB. "There was never really a lot of discussion of, 'I have to have this many luxury suites to make this amount of money.' It was about increasing the fan experience of every fan, and giving them a lot of options."

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ersheadlines/49ers/ci_12595668
I can't wait for the final design and also finished product!
Originally posted by teeohh:
from the same article

Quote:
The architects also are working on ways to allow fans in selected stadium sections to go on the field before a game. And if those fans get too rowdy, there will be a cell right there in the stadium for police to lock up scofflaws, said Santa Clara Police Chief Stephen Lodge.

Cisco Systems is among the companies developing technology that would allow a smart phone or other mobile internet device to be not only the "ticket" that gets a fan into the stadium, but a tool to select customized replays, call up player stats or buy a beer from your seat.

That last bolded section is exactly what I expect from a stadium in Silicon Valley. I can't wait!!!
with cisco making the paperless ticketing for us i wonder if they buy the rights to the stadium name
with cisco making the paperless ticketing for us i wonder if they buy the rights to the stadium name

Bill Walsh Field at Cisco Park has a ring to it. ;-)

I don't think the paperless system would be exclusively for us. Besides that, the city of SC holds the right to name the stadium, as well as keep all the profits from it.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Bill Walsh Field at Cisco Park has a ring to it. ;-)
San FranCisco Park

If we have a winning season i think we will hear alot more hunters point talk....
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
If we have a winning season i think we will hear alot more hunters point talk....

While possible, the Santa Clara thing is pretty far along in the planning process... From what I understand, there is only really the environmental impact studies and the vote, which are both big of course...

I really think a winning season would entice SC voters, and there would be MORE talk of stadium in the southbay
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I don't think the paperless system would be exclusively for us. Besides that, the city of SC holds the right to name the stadium, as well as keep all the profits from it.

I can see it now..... San Francisco 49ers playing at

Santa Clara "The MOST AWESOMENESST city in the Bay" Park
Share 49ersWebzone