Originally posted by 09etihW:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
eric heitman is an average center........

But according to some in this thread, if our center doesn't dominate his man on EVERY single play, he's horrible, possibly the worst center in the league. LOL.

Mrs. Heitmann is that you?

I guess when you can't win with intelligent discourse, you can always revert to childish namecalling. I feel bad for you.

As soon as you bring intelligent discourse. I'll be willing to listen. Read EVERY [i like to try to belittle persons with unwitty sarcasm because I am an internet tough guy] one of your posts and come back and post rationally, if you are one that has not thrown stones.

Me, I will come right at ya.

I don't need to read every one of my posts, I wrote them. I am only interested in the truth, which doesn't really seem to concern you. If you're going to make ridiculous statements like, "Heitmann got blown up" then be prepared to defend them. You are the one who needs to go back and read the posts. It is you who brought the childish attitude, not me.

How do you define "the truth". Is the truth that Rocky Bernard steamrolled your boy to sack Alex Smith.

Please tell me how that has any relevance to the play we've been discussing.

The title of the thread is "ERIC HEITMANN IS A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER"

And every single post between you and I has been in reference to one specific play. Perhaps you've forgotten my first post in which I said, "I am not a fan of Heitmann." You can't have intelligent discourse unless there is some foundation of truth. I have only tried to demonstrate that your statement was inaccurate. If your not man enough to own up to that, that's your problem.

Look, it was not your first post, it was your second. WTF cares. The title of this thread is whether Heitmann is a good football player. Other than MadDog, no one on this board (that I know of) has a hard on for Heitmann like you do.

He is competent. I said that. Wallace is too green but who knows.

He's no Cross, Sapolu, or Newbs. You have not disputed that. You can't.

You are isolating specific pics of plays that are ambiguous at best.

I called you a nit picker and every "FACT" you have brought up has not been proven or has been refuted, technically speaking (in his best Nolan speak). You (internet tough guy) went out of your way to post stills of plays. That's a new one here on the Zone, much less Ninertalk (where we don't let facts get in the way of reality )

You said Heitmann snapped the ball at the 1 and was 2 yard forward -- he was 2 yard back. I don't get it but that 's just me.

I mean you no ill will, but like I said above, I don't get all the love for Heitmann.

I saw Cross, Sapolu and Newbs play.
Bench Derek Smith!!11!!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

I got a job for Heitmann that fits him well!
He might be great at this job! lol

You don't know the truth

Lol It's a joke bro. I not analyzing just one game on Heitmann.
He's just not good. Every game he does something that costs the Niners.
Dating 2 years ago. I never liked him.

Don't you know you can't analyze Eric on one Career, or Season, it has to be ONE PLAY
A breakdown from MM:

"If I had to rank their performances based on this game, from best to worst, I'd go: Heitmann, Staley, Baas, Rachal and Snyder."

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2008/11/closer-look-at-o-line-play-against-dallas.html

On that 3rd and goal, Heitmann got blown up. Ask Alex about that. LA is equally to blame on the Bernard play.

Heitmann is a smart guy. He is technically sound. However, when he gets blown up it is obvious and at bad time.

I don't know why there are 6 pages defending the guy. He's no Randy Cross or Jesse Sapolu or Newberry.

Look, I'm not a Heitmann fan, but I am a fan of the truth. Heitmann did NOT get "blown up" on that third down play. He blocked left to double team the DE with Bass. Rachal went right and Ratliff went up the middle untouched. That is obvious miscommunication.

Ok, sorry, second post, the other one was thrd

Ok great, so now that we have established that it was the 2nd post and not the 1st, WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

Unlike you, i admit a mistake?

You don't know the truth

Thank you

But according to some in this thread, if our center doesn't dominate his man on EVERY single play, he's horrible, possibly the worst center in the league. LOL.

I guess when you can't win with intelligent discourse, you can always revert to childish namecalling. I feel bad for you.

As soon as you bring intelligent discourse. I'll be willing to listen. Read EVERY [i like to try to belittle persons with unwitty sarcasm because I am an internet tough guy] one of your posts and come back and post rationally, if you are one that has not thrown stones.

I don't need to read every one of my posts, I wrote them. I am only interested in the truth, which doesn't really seem to concern you. If you're going to make ridiculous statements like, "Heitmann got blown up" then be prepared to defend them. You are the one who needs to go back and read the posts. It is you who brought the childish attitude, not me.

How do you define "the truth". Is the truth that Rocky Bernard steamrolled your boy to sack Alex Smith.

And every single post between you and I has been in reference to one specific play. Perhaps you've forgotten my first post in which I said, "I am not a fan of Heitmann." You can't have intelligent discourse unless there is some foundation of truth. I have only tried to demonstrate that your statement was inaccurate. If your not man enough to own up to that, that's your problem.

Look, it was not your first post, it was your second. WTF cares. The title of this thread is whether Heitmann is a good football player. Other than MadDog, no one on this board (that I know of) has a hard on for Heitmann like you do.

I called you a nit picker and every "FACT" you have brought up has not been proven or has been refuted, technically speaking (in his best Nolan speak). You (internet tough guy) went out of your way to post stills of plays. That's a new one here on the Zone, much less Ninertalk (where we don't let facts get in the way of reality )

You said Heitmann snapped the ball at the 1 and was 2 yard forward -- he was 2 yard back. I don't get it but that 's just me.

I mean you no ill will, but like I said above, I don't get all the love for Heitmann.

I saw Cross, Sapolu, and Newbs play as well. When you're on a dominant team, there's a lot less finger pointing. If you think those guys didn't get beat on occasion, you're crazy. This is the NFL, the other guys are good too. You don't win on every play. Because we suck right now, everyone is looking for someone to blame, while ignoring the facts. You accuse me of focusing on one specific play, when that is precisely what you are doing to support you're argument that Heitmann sucks. Why not look at all of the plays? Of course Maddog, and now MM, have done this and have clearly demonstrated that Heitmann actually had a very good game. Yet, you choose to ignore the facts. I don't have "love" for Heitmann, I'm just calling it like I see it. He is not the big problem on this team. I would love to someday replace him with a ProBowl caliber center, but there are MANY other problems right now that need to be addressed.

I saw Cross, Sapolu, and Newbs play as well. When you're on a dominant team, there's a lot less finger pointing. If you think those guys didn't get beat on occasion, you're crazy. This is the NFL, the other guys are good too. You don't win on every play. Because we suck right now, everyone is looking for someone to blame, while ignoring the facts. You accuse me of focusing on one specific play, when that is precisely what you are doing to support you're argument that Heitmann sucks. Why not look at all of the plays? Of course Maddog, and now MM, have done this and have clearly demonstrated that Heitmann actually had a very good game. Yet, you choose to ignore the facts. I don't have "love" for Heitmann, I'm just calling it like I see it. He is not the big problem on this team. I would love to someday replace him with a ProBowl caliber center, but there are MANY other problems right now that need to be addressed.

OK

When I mentioned Rocky Bernard you said it was not relevant. I mentioned the thread title. You have focused on ONE THING that I said that Heitmann got blown up. He has (blown up) but I not going to waste my time trying to disprove the negative.

Your waffling is worse than John McCain. Your whole tough guy persona on this thread was based on trying to make me foolish on one still image. Let's say that you were right with that one still image (where you blame the rookie Rachal not the STUD VETERAN HEITMANN). Who cares.

I'll let this thread speak for itself.

If you were truly a 9er fan that saw Cross and Sapolu play then you would be giving me a high five for risking banning cussing and calling some out that dissed Roger Craig. I don't see that.
Here, I'll make it easy for you. A sampling of quotes from MM:

Baas and Heitmann do their jobs

Heitmann and Baas do a nice job to create a lane.

Baas and Heitmann work a nice double-team block.

Heitmann takes care of Greg Ellis

Heitmann provides a double-team block.

Heitmann gets a block on Spears

"If I had to rank their performances based on this game, from best to worst, I'd go: Heitmann, Staley, Baas, Rachal and Snyder."

OK

When I mentioned Rocky Bernard you said it was not relevant. I mentioned the thread title. You have focused on ONE THING that I said that Heitmann got blown up. He has (blown up) but I not going to waste my time trying to disprove the negative.

Your waffling is worse than John McCain. Your whole tough guy persona on this thread was based on trying to make me foolish on one still image. Let's say that you were right with that one still image (where you blame the rookie Rachal not the STUD VETERAN HEITMANN). Who cares.

If you were truly a 9er fan that saw Cross and Sapolu play then you would be giving me a high five for risking banning cussing and calling some out that dissed Roger Craig. I don't see that.

Yeah, ok. I guess I'm supposed to follow you around on the zone and applaud you whenever you post something I agree with. You've got issues that I can't help you with if you think I was fronting some sort of "tough guy persona." LOL. This isn't even interesting anymore.

[ Edited by 09etihW on Nov 27, 2008 at 14:37:05 ]

OK

Yeah, ok. You've got issues that I can't help you with if you think I was fronting some sort of "tough guy persona." LOL. This isn't even interesting anymore.

Classic passive aggressive

You don't know the truth

Thank you

Your welcome.

There guys kiss and make up. No need to take it offensive. I feel the love
I am beginning to diagnose why some people have a deep hatred toward Eric Heitmann. It is all about a play in the second game of 2008, or a play back in 2007.

That is the form of bias that clouds some people from making a fair and impartial analysis of his play. In other words, Heitmann could grade out at 100% in this game, and the previous game, and the game before, but it doesn't matter because of what happened 10 weeks ago, or 68 weeks ago.

Good football players make errors. Nobody is perfect, and I certainly have never stated that Heitmann is perfect, or near perfect. However, he is a good football player, period.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I am beginning to diagnose why some people have a deep hatred toward Eric Heitmann. It is all about a play in the second game of 2008, or a play back in 2007.

That is the form of bias that clouds some people from making a fair and impartial analysis of his play. In other words, Heitmann could grade out at 100% in this game, and the previous game, and the game before, but it doesn't matter because of what happened 10 weeks ago, or 68 weeks ago.

Good football players make errors. Nobody is perfect, and I certainly have never stated that Heitmann is perfect, or near perfect. However, he is a good football player, period.

It's not that dude Heitmann is not a leader and as a center your in charge of your line. Look at Jeff Saturday, Kevin Mawae etc. they are great leaders and at the line tells and points at the defensive players that are coming. Heitmann don't do that. Never liked him really over rated player.

In this first picture it is a passing play
Baas blocked his man to the right
Chilo blocked his man to the right
Eric blocked Baas' man to the left
Leaving the defender to go right through the line untouched
The blame goes directly on the center
Why? Because he is the captain and is the one who should line up the line and tell them who to block.
It is also his fault because he is responsible for both "A" gaps, which is exactly where the defender came from

In this pic we are on OUR 3 yard line
NOT a Goal line stand
Snyder has his man out of the play
Staley is blocking on the other end
Chilo came out after the LB
Baas pulls on the play and hits the DE
Heitmann is pushed into Frank Gore
If Heitmann would of pushed his guy to the left like he was supposed to Gore runs free for at least 7 to 10 yards. There are 6 other Cowboys blocked in this pic.
So why you brought this pic up to defend Heitmann is beyond me
  • WildTurkey
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Method:
Wild Turkey, whoever you are, you really need to use your real name. Wild Turkey is the type of name that will never have any credibility anywhere.

The name has a history to it
a tailgate history to it
Share 49ersWebzone