LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Report: Browns still expected to seek trade for QB Ryan Mallett, Bucs also interested

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by strickac:
Was my favorite QB coming out. I think he had the most talented arm. His mobility sucks, but there's plenty of statues in the pocket: Brady, Peyton, Schuab, Weeden, Ari QBs, Bradford, Flacco, etc.

His big issue was the cocaine rumors and the "wigger" (sorry) persona. I haven't heard anything negative about him since he's been in the league. I think he's definitely talented enough to be a starter. He has that Kaepernick arm strength and he's a big body in the pocket.

I wouldn't classify Flacco as a statue, he has some underestimated mobility.
Ryan Mallet will be a beast. Cleveland has to get this guy and make him the face of the franchise.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by strickac:
Was my favorite QB coming out. I think he had the most talented arm. His mobility sucks, but there's plenty of statues in the pocket: Brady, Peyton, Schuab, Weeden, Ari QBs, Bradford, Flacco, etc.

His big issue was the cocaine rumors and the "wigger" (sorry) persona. I haven't heard anything negative about him since he's been in the league. I think he's definitely talented enough to be a starter. He has that Kaepernick arm strength and he's a big body in the pocket.

I wouldn't classify Flacco as a statue, he has some underestimated mobility.

Nonetheless, mobility is far from a strength of his.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Look, as a Razorback, I must say for our team if we want a former Hog go for Tyler Wilson.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
His ceiling is Drew Bledsoe. That's a best case scenario.

I think the Browns would take that
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jcool:
At 6'7" and a statue in the pocket + he isn't very accurate... If i was Cleveland i wouldn't go near him.

If he gets his mind right, Cleveland could be the ideal situation for him. He's always had 1st round talent, cannon for an arm, good ability to read the defense and make his progressions, however he's the guy with the proverbial "10 cent brain" so its a crapshoot.

Both his parents are teachers . . . at the college level, I think. There's noithing wrong with his brain as he's reportedly been very astute with understanding the game. So I don't understand the "proverbial 10 cent brain" that you're alluding to. Unless you mean that he wouldn't bend over and kiss the teams' interviewers' a$$es during the combine. Yes he didn't do that. Personally, I like that. And he's not the drug addict that they were trying to paint him as. Just a kid who tried some weed. Normal.

What does that have to do with anything? Having smart parents doesn't make you smart.

Yeah . . . but the pedigree is there. And the home environment. The DNA, etc. Chances are he's not a mental midget. Also he displayed the classic smart kid intolerance of dumb questions from reporters and such. Did one of the best jobs with Gruden. And so on . . .

Extrapolate a little, could you? Connect the dots.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
His ceiling is Drew Bledsoe. That's a best case scenario.

I think the Browns would take that

Right? Bledsoe was fifth in NFL history in pass attempts (6,717) and completions (3,839), seventh in passing yards (44,611), and 13th in touchdown passes (251).
They'll get a bag of peanuts.
Share 49ersWebzone