LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 418 users in the forums

Report: Browns still expected to seek trade for QB Ryan Mallett, Bucs also interested

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000148994/article/report-browns-still-expected-to-seek-trade-for-qb-mallett

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/browns-and-bucs-make-a-call-on-ryan-mallett/
[ Edited by PTulini on Mar 12, 2013 at 3:15 PM ]
I thought our qb carousal was bad.... Mallet would be a good fit though in cleveland. Great arm
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
At 6'7" and a statue in the pocket + he isn't very accurate... If i was Cleveland i wouldn't go near him.
Originally posted by Jcool:
At 6'7" and a statue in the pocket + he isn't very accurate... If i was Cleveland i wouldn't go near him.

Ehhh... Rob Chudzinski and Norv Turner are both good offensive minds. I think he would fit their style.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:

Ehhh... Rob Chudzinski and Norv Turner are both good offensive minds. I think he would fit their style.

They aren't THAT good.
Mallett looked really impressive at times during the preseason. He looks like a future starter. Definitely has the arm talent.

If he gets his mind right, Cleveland could be the ideal situation for him. He's always had 1st round talent, cannon for an arm, good ability to read the defense and make his progressions, however he's the guy with the proverbial "10 cent brain" so its a crapshoot.
They aren't THAT good.

Norv made Aikman a HOFer and didi a great job with Alex. Mallet was sitting two years behind Brady and learning they would do a good job with him. They aren´t Jim Hoslet or Noaln/Singletary

His ceiling is Drew Bledsoe. That's a best case scenario.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Norv made Aikman a HOFer and didi a great job with Alex. Mallet was sitting two years behind Brady and learning they would do a good job with him. They aren´t Jim Hoslet or Noaln/Singletary

This.

He took an average QB and made him a HOF

3rd rounder is the max I'd spend on him.

Weak draft class. I'm not saying the move is going to work out but at a low cost it's an okay gamble.
the Pats might not want to deal Mallet, b/c Brady is what already 36?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

He'll still be around when Mallet's contract comes up and that's enough to deal him.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

He'll still be around when Mallet's contract comes up and that's enough to deal him.

what if the Pats acquired Weeden to learn under Brady?
They have really whiffed on the QB position over the last few years. Didn't they give up future picks twice to get back into the 1st round to get Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden?
Share 49ersWebzone