There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The future integrity of the NFL after Super Bowl 47

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
All the ones I talk to either smile or say BS. Non seem to have a dirty taste in their mouth.

I don;t know many
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
It's not an exact science, but when a player shoves a ref in the chest and gets away with it, what's up? The first play of the game don't call a penalty. Ted Robinson made a good point when he observed that refs, most always, let the play stand and tell the offense they'll call it next time. There was so much bad press with the ref strike Good-Dell made a point to let them play. On the kickoff return for a touchdown as Jones is pulling away there's a Raven putting a bear hug on a 49er in open space. Not one holding call on either team the entire game. One pass interference call. A head ref that should not have been there. In the end we beat ourselves more than the Ravens and refs did

Watch that play again and you will notice that there are actually two Ravens players bear-hugging Miller. If you look closely you can see a second Ravens helmet right behind Miller's helmet. Miller was in perfect position to make a play too.
  • Plat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10
At least it aint the NBA
Disgrace is what the future holds. We got our ass raped by them and why in the f**k this particular cast of refs were calling the game is b******t. I can think of about 50 other refs more deserving of calling the superbowl than the trash assed idiots we got to do it. We got a permanent tainted record thanks to them. The replacement refs called a better game during the Packers @ Seahawks.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,328
The NFL will be fine. Blind, extremely biased people on this board will always exist, but you are a minority. The majority realize the 49ers lost because the offense started slow, the pass rush disappeared and the secondary stank up the joint. The referees weren't all Raven fans and the game isn't rigged. This loss is showing a pretty pathetic side of a lot of you. I guess your own personal failures are never your fault. Liberal 21st century thinking, looking for someone else to blame instead of looking in the mirror.
Originally posted by BobS:
The NFL will be fine. Blind, extremely biased people on this board will always exist, but you are a minority. The majority realize the 49ers lost because the offense started slow, the pass rush disappeared and the secondary stank up the joint. The referees weren't all Raven fans and the game isn't rigged. This loss is showing a pretty pathetic side of a lot of you. I guess your own personal failures are never your fault. Liberal 21st century thinking, looking for someone else to blame instead of looking in the mirror.

Well put, sir. Took the words right out of my mouth.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by jreff22:
every week a team feels screwed by the refs....while we got bad calls it happens.

this, just two weeks earlier we were all laughing at Falcons fans crying about the refs
Falcons fans had no leg to stand on as the replay CLEARLY shows that Bowman played it PERFECT and there was no penalty to be called, in the SB's case there is evidence galore of wrong doing.

Not at all the same thing. One was sour grapes at losing and the other is a justified complaint supported with visual evidence. Not at all the same monster




(Not in any way shape or form a reply to the quoted posts and is general in intent)

Green Bay had EVERY right to be pissed and their fans who I work with all day every day had every right to "Whine" after the Failmary.

The Seahawks had every right to be pissed about the officiating in the SB they lost cause as ours, it was horribly officiated and they got screwed out of a fair chance to compete for a championship when they had earned that right.

We also have every right as a team and a fan base to be pissed about this game because like Seattle the Niners were robbed of the right to fairly compete which they had earned over the previous 5 months of blood sweat and tears.

Those who throw out the lame "show some class" or anything similar can shove that right where the sun don't shine. I don't have to do s**t and am allowed to feel how the eff ever I want and if yah don't like it log off......

ME: "Man that son of a b***h stole my wallet and this cop saw it and won't do s**t to stop it."

Holier than thou Niners fan: "Show some class, he stole it fair and square loser"
Originally posted by BobS:
The NFL will be fine. Blind, extremely biased people on this board will always exist, but you are a minority. The majority realize the 49ers lost because the offense started slow, the pass rush disappeared and the secondary stank up the joint. The referees weren't all Raven fans and the game isn't rigged. This loss is showing a pretty pathetic side of a lot of you. I guess your own personal failures are never your fault. Liberal 21st century thinking, looking for someone else to blame instead of looking in the mirror.

That is like saying we lost the NFC championship last year because our offense went 1 for 13 on 3rd down and not because of two special teams fumbles. You might be able to argue that but subtract that 1/13 on 3rd and we don't automatically win, subtract those fumbles and we automatically win no matter what.

You shouldn't always have to expect to overcome horrible blunders every single big game we play.
Missed calls come from the eye of the beholder. The Falcons fans held judgment that their 4th and 5 miscue that brought us to the Superbowl should have been a call as well. I can type an entire page on why it wasnt, but I dont blame them for citing a questionable non-call. Did the refs make some mistakes ? Absolutely. But from afar, it was clear that the refs did not want to decide this game, and they let a LOT go. The difference is that the Ravens realized this and took advantage of it. We didnt until it was too late. There were some plays in the second half that could have easily gone the other way, or did you not see the late hit ono Flacco out of bounds in the 4th quarter.

The reason we lost has nothing to do with the 2nd half, but rather our piss-poor performance in the 1st. Culliver and Whitner looked lost out there, and the Niners failed to do what they should have learned to do from the ATL game. And that was to blitz, and blitz Flacco often.
[ Edited by HudsonValley on Feb 5, 2013 at 7:03 PM ]
I think the most ridiculous play out of the entire super bowl was the safety. They slowed it down and counted on espn today. There were no less than 4 unbelievably obvious holding penalties on that play. All the while they pointed out that it most likely wouldn't have made any change in the outcome of the game, but how do they justify not throwing a single flag on any of them. Not wanted to throw a close PI flag at the end is one thing. But completely ignoring 4 obvious penalties on one play is inexcusable no matter what point in the game it is.
Originally posted by BobS:
The NFL will be fine. Blind, extremely biased people on this board will always exist, but you are a minority. The majority realize the 49ers lost because the offense started slow, the pass rush disappeared and the secondary stank up the joint. The referees weren't all Raven fans and the game isn't rigged. This loss is showing a pretty pathetic side of a lot of you. I guess your own personal failures are never your fault. Liberal 21st century thinking, looking for someone else to blame instead of looking in the mirror.


LOL at the self righteousness of this post.....read the above post from me pls.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think the most ridiculous play out of the entire super bowl was the safety. They slowed it down and counted on espn today. There were no less than 4 unbelievably obvious holding penalties on that play. All the while they pointed out that it most likely wouldn't have made any change in the outcome of the game, but how do they justify not throwing a single flag on any of them. Not wanted to throw a close PI flag at the end is one thing. But completely ignoring 4 obvious penalties on one play is inexcusable no matter what point in the game it is.

Yup. Holding + Saftey gives us 10 yards on the kick right? Where are those yards enforced? Or is it just a saftey and thats it?

Maybe a bad kick and a fair catch and a hailmary or FG later....you never know
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 5, 2013 at 7:06 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think the most ridiculous play out of the entire super bowl was the safety. They slowed it down and counted on espn today. There were no less than 4 unbelievably obvious holding penalties on that play. All the while they pointed out that it most likely wouldn't have made any change in the outcome of the game, but how do they justify not throwing a single flag on any of them. Not wanted to throw a close PI flag at the end is one thing. But completely ignoring 4 obvious penalties on one play is inexcusable no matter what point in the game it is.

Agree. Making a conscious decision to not influence the game is one thing. Being clueless and not doing your job is another.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Missed calls come from the eye of the beholder. The Falcons fans held judgment that their 4th and 5 miscue that brought us to the Superbowl should have been a call as well. I can type an entire page on why it wasnt, but I dont blame them for citing a questionable non-call. Did the refs make some mistakes ? Absolutely. But from afar, it was clear that the refs did not want to decide this game, and they let a LOT go. The difference is that the Ravens realized this and took advantage of it. We didnt until it was too late. There were some plays in the second half that could have easily gone the other way, or did you not see the late hit ono Flacco out of bounds in the 4th quarter.

The reason we lost has nothing to do with the 2nd half, but rather our piss-poor performance in the 1st. Culliver and Whitner looked lost out there, and the Niners failed to do what they should have learned to do from the ATL game. And that was to blitz, and blitz Flacco often.

Sorry not buying it. By NOT calling the game correctly, which is their job, they DID INFLUENCE the game! And this BS about the Ravens taking advantage of it that's a crock too. If they didnt wanna call things why does Cully get called for PI on third down in the 4th quarter on what was less interference than the Crabtree hold? Is it the only reason we lost the game? No. But it was a part of it no doubt.
If you really think those were the only bad PI calls or no calls go back and look at the Ravens last TD drive of the 1st half. It ended up resulting in the Jones TD. Earlier in the play Torrey Smith was all over Culliver on a deep throw down the right sideline. The officiating crew was crap plain and simple. If those turds graded out the highest in the NFL than they need to take a look at how they do grading. Frankly, I can't decided if I'm more disgusted by the officiating or Roman's last 4 play calls. The more I watch the more pissed off I get.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,213
Why is this still a thread? The refs had NOTHING to do with why we lost. Our defense letting Flacco throw a 50 yard TD pass that was maybe the biggest rainbow pass in Super Bowl history was more a reason we lost then the refs.