There are 172 users in the forums

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Well the fact that Crabtree put his hand on the DB's helmet and pushed him down has a deciding factor on PI. It was a stupid play call. The play was 50/50 on the call, and it was the right call either way.

And who ever said Ray Lewis knew god? Nobody knows god. He found god through religion and just because he believes god helped him doesn't mean it's a marketing scheme.

Mooch and crew tried to make that same argument in their analysis and backed of it because Crabtree did not push off...... Mooch started to describe it and the video clearly showed otherwise.... Sap was even laughing at him.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
And you are being selective when you read the rules

(h) at the time of a foul for which the ball remains dead or is dead immediately;

OR IS DEAD IMMEDIATELY.

And the refs just stopped aplay mid play last night. Did you watch the game.

When have you ever seen a play stopped in the middle of the play for a holding call? The play always goes on until play stops, then they call holding and then they go onto the next play. You don't stop in the middle of a play for a hold.
Originally posted by Mookster:
Mooch and crew tried to make that same argument in their analysis and backed of it because Crabtree did not push off...... Mooch started to describe it and the video clearly showed otherwise.... Sap was even laughing at him.

Mike Peirera the king of offical rulebook felt it was a good no call.
Take away the last play with Crabs. Take away the Pi two plays before. Don't worry about the hold on the safety/punt or Ed Reed being offside on the 2pt attempt. Don't even argue Cullivers Pi call that extended a Ravens drive...... All were suspect, open to interpretation and could possibly be missed by a quality NFL crew. Maybe but not likely all of them.

BUT! The hold on Miller during Jacobys return? Inexcusable! How many times during the regular season have we seen, regardless of who the teams are, a block in the back or holding call nullify a big return. Almost every game? It is the ONE thing refs always look for. ALWAYS! And in this case it was beyond a blatant foul. It was ridiculous.

That one missed call added 7 points to the Ravens score. Take that away and the Niners are kneeling down on the 5 yard line instead of needing to score. Every "non call" after that return becomes irrelevant (but no less embarrassing for the NFL).

That my friends was the turning point of the game. Yes our D gave up way too many points in the first half, and yes our offense was ineffective for the first 30 minutes. But we out scored the Ravens 23 to 6 in the second half (excluding Jacobys return and our safety). Our defense and offense made adjustments enough to win the game. Without that missed call its 29-27 Niners - pending the results of the Ravens starting the second half on their own 20ish yard line after the penalty nullifies the TD.

So yes I believe the Refs determined the outcome of this game. You can't miss that many clear and blatant calls. Not in the Super Bowl. Unacceptable especially from what is supposed to be an elite officiating crew.
Originally posted by Mookster:
Take away the last play with Crabs. Take away the Pi two plays before. Don't worry about the hold on the safety/punt or Ed Reed being offside on the 2pt attempt. Don't even argue Cullivers Pi call that extended a Ravens drive...... All were suspect, open to interpretation and could possibly be missed by a quality NFL crew. Maybe but not likely all of them.

BUT! The hold on Miller during Jacobys return? Inexcusable! How many times during the regular season have we seen, regardless of who the teams are, a block in the back or holding call nullify a big return. Almost every game? It is the ONE thing refs always look for. ALWAYS! And in this case it was beyond a blatant foul. It was ridiculous.

That one missed call added 7 points to the Ravens score. Take that away and the Niners are kneeling down on the 5 yard line instead of needing to score. Every "non call" after that return becomes irrelevant (but no less embarrassing for the NFL).

That my friends was the turning point of the game. Yes our D gave up way too many points in the first half, and yes our offense was ineffective for the first 30 minutes. But we out scored the Ravens 23 to 6 in the second half (excluding Jacobys return and our safety). Our defense and offense made adjustments enough to win the game. Without that missed call its 29-27 Niners - pending the results of the Ravens starting the second half on their own 20ish yard line after the penalty nullifies the TD.

So yes I believe the Refs determined the outcome of this game. You can't miss that many clear and blatant calls. Not in the Super Bowl. Unacceptable especially from what is supposed to be an elite officiating crew.

I was going to say I agree completely but:

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
On Jacoby Jones kick return there is no holding on a double team block unless the defender is taken to the ground. He wasn't.

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Please. It was holding AND possibly PI on Jimmy Smith. He was holding Crabs the whole way and NEVER looked back for the ball. That's literally the textbook definition of interference. Watching the play in full motion, you clearly see Crabs trying to get his arm free and that's why his hand touches Smith's helmet.

Stating the obvious doesn't make you a sore loser or a whiner.

So far I've seen only Mike Pereira (known NFL apologist) and a bunch of Niner haters on various forums around the web say it was the right call.

Check out this thread on the Huff Post. Virtually every sports media personality said it was a bad no-call:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1514765-did-jimmy-smith-hold-michael-crabtree-on-4th-and-ballgame

Some of these same people picked us to lose, so while I'm sure there is still some bias, I doubt everyone would just up and decide to tell the same lie.

I won't go as far as to call it rigged, but it was obvious that the NFL wanted to see Ray Lewis (who was a complete non-factor in this game btw) go out with a bang.

The league is always pulling for some "feel good story" crap.
[ Edited by baltien on Feb 4, 2013 at 4:54 AM ]
And you are being selective when you read the rules

(h) at the time of a foul for which the ball remains dead or is dead immediately;

OR IS DEAD IMMEDIATELY.

And the refs just stopped aplay mid play last night. Did you watch the game.

When have you ever seen a play stopped in the middle of the play for a holding call? The play always goes on until play stops, then they call holding and then they go onto the next play. You don't stop in the middle of a play for a hold.

No, they dont stop the play for holding. Neither did I ever say they did. I said at the point in the game a penalty would have enabled the refs to adjust the time and penalty correctly.
No, they dont stop the play for holding. Neither did I ever say they did. I said at the point in the game a penalty would have enabled the refs to adjust the time and penalty correctly.

Where does the rule book ever say that? You don't adjust the time on a hold. There is nothing in the rulebook to support your case.
Originally posted by baltien:
Please. It was holding AND possibly PI on Jimmy Smith. He was holding Crabs the whole way and NEVER looked back for the ball. That's literally the textbook definition of interference. Watching the play in full motion, you clearly see Crabs trying to get his arm free and that's why his hand touches Smith's helmet.

Stating the obvious doesn't make you a sore loser or a whiner.

So far I've seen only Mike Pereira (known NFL apologist) and a bunch of Niner haters on various forums around the web say it was the right call.

Check out this thread on the Huff Post. Virtually every sports media personality said it was a bad no-call:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1514765-did-jimmy-smith-hold-michael-crabtree-on-4th-and-ballgame

Some of these same people picked us to lose, so while I'm sure there is still some bias, I doubt everyone would just up and decide to tell the same lie.

I won't go as far as to call it rigged, but it was obvious that the NFL wanted to see Ray Lewis (who was a complete non-factor in this game btw) go out with a bang.

The league is always pulling for some "feel good story" crap.

lol. Pereira was stating whether the call was correct or not throughout the whole game. He's stated wrong calls multiple times, so to say he's an nfl apologist is just silly since he gets all of his facts out of the rule book.
I'm sorry I usually don't blame refs for the outcome of games but I'm sorry this game left a bad taste in my mouth - there wasn't a single holding call on any team
1. The kick off td return - I don't know who it was but some guy got held for at least 20 yards by two ravens.
2. The refs didn't want this game to be on them bc crabs was held and f**k Phil Simms retarded ass he was HELD
3. Shove a ref and no call - really ??
4. Ray Lewis went out with a bang congrats you murdering b*****d - karma will catch up to you ask OJ

Good Super Bowl - we almost pulled it out

f**kin fake ass wannabe killer.

f**k rey lewis he is a joker. The minute he gets on ESPN i will remind him.
Originally posted by 49ermark:
I'm sorry I usually don't blame refs for the outcome of games but I'm sorry this game left a bad taste in my mouth - there wasn't a single holding call on any team
1. The kick off td return - I don't know who it was but some guy got held for at least 20 yards by two ravens.
2. The refs didn't want this game to be on them bc crabs was held and f**k Phil Simms retarded ass he was HELD
3. Shove a ref and no call - really ??
4. Ray Lewis went out with a bang congrats you murdering b*****d - karma will catch up to you ask OJ

Good Super Bowl - we almost pulled it out

1. When a player gets double teamed you cannot be flagged for holding unless he's held going to the ground
2. I agree the refs didn't want it to be on them. But I also think it was a 50/50 call
3. Player thought it was another player, he apologized, not a big deal.
4. lol
lol. Pereira was stating whether the call was correct or not throughout the whole game. He's stated wrong calls multiple times, so to say he's an nfl apologist is just silly since he gets all of his facts out of the rule book.

Really? Name me ONE major blown call in league history that Pereira didn't agree with. Just one.

I'll wait.

I stand by my comment about him because whenever there's a controversial call he finds a way to rationalize it away instead of using two eyes and common sense.

Now, ask yourself what's the more likely scenario:

1) He always gets the call correct.

Or

2) He's just trying to save face for the league?

If that wasn't a hold on Crabs last night, then that was also an incomplete pass in the 2001 AFC Championship Game, and Golden Tate caught that ball clean back in September.

As I said, he never disagrees with the refs no matter how blatantly wrong they are.
[ Edited by baltien on Feb 4, 2013 at 5:15 AM ]
Mike Peirera the king of offical rulebook felt it was a good no call.

of course he did. Whats the scandal like if he steps up and says it was a blown call? Anyone ask him about the hold on Jacobys return? or the hit on the ref? or what the ruling would be for offensive holding in the end zone?
I was going to say I agree completely but:

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
On Jacoby Jones kick return there is no holding on a double team block unless the defender is taken to the ground. He wasn't.

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

it was at the very least a blatant block in the back..... called every week.
Share 49ersWebzone