LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
This is all an epic bunch hogwash

No, it doesn't matter how you start but it doesn't help that we're down 28-6 in the 3rd. You can't tell me if we didn't play like horses**t the 1st half that we don't win this game. Yes it does matter how you finish, but we didn't do enough to say the 1st half doesn't matter since we lost. The 1st half didn't matter in the Falcons game because we won. And it doesn't matter if the Ravens played 4 quarters of good football, they played enough to win and we didn't. Simple as that.

WTF? So regardless to the Ravens giving up 25 points in 1 quarter and a half is considered "4 quarters of good football", but the 9ers giving up 21 points in 2 quarters is "horse manuer"? Now your hole logic and arguement has crumbled. I have nothing more to say to you on that issue because it is obvious that you have things twisted.

I don't have the whole game in front of me since I deleted it in frustration, but no holding calls the whole game and only 1 pass interference shows that the refs let both teams play.And the only evidence of the game being rigged is the freakin blackout that was in our favor. So...The league almost let us win! Rigged.

Really? What about the illegitamate points change to get a unqualified Boger in place to ref the game? Considereing your claims, why did they call a PI for the Ravens? What did the 9ers do to get the "rare PI" called? Why for the Ravens? I have EVIDENCE that the Ravens got away with 2 holding calls that lead to TD's. Where is your FACTUAL evidence that they were not calling holding on both sides? You see the difference between you and I. I use evidence, you use ASSUMPTIONS.

Well apparently they didn't play physical enough since there were only 7 penalties all game and we lost. Sure, hold everyone on 3rd down, they called one PI the whole game, I'll take that everytime. And no, it wasn't called differently on both sides, you just perceive it that way because you can't take the fact that we lost a super bowl.

Again, your assumption vs my facts, you cant show me where the 9ers got away with consistent blantant calls. I can show where the no calls were beneficial for the Ravens and detrimental for the 9ers. The only arguement you have at this point is that they play outside of the rules since the Ravens were doing it. You said you couldnt rewatch the game, so how do you get so much confidence that the amount of no calls were equal? Everytime you respond you expose more and more that your arguement is arbitrary interpretation, or an attempt to save face.

No, we didn't play Niners football all game but we played enough of it to win the game. We didn't play enough of it in the SB to win. No, te Ravens didn't play Ravens football all game, but they played enough to win.

Ok, so they both played "enough to win the game" and you admitted that Crabtree was held. So what stood in the way of the 9ers winning? Refs that didnt want to "interfere with the game when in actuality making no call only benefitted the defense. Unless you are going to say that the 9ers' fix was to play outside the rules.

No, it necessarily doesn't matter how the game starts, but if the game finishes with you on the losing side then it obviously had an effect on the game. We sucked all 1st half, if we have even a little success we win.

Listen to yourself. So is it because they had a bad start, or is it because of the slump? Because the Ravens had a worst slump than the 9ers in less time. Man you are not hearing yourself? We had a chance to make their 2nd half even worst but was stopped by the refs. NOT the Ravens, the refs! Why is that not dawning on you?

It's not in the rulebook, nobody is saying it is, but it has always been known to anyone who watches sports is that the refs almost always swallow their whistle on the last play. I never said it was the right thing, but that's what happens.

Ok, so why is it so hard for you to understand those that are not pleased with "the wrong thing"? The refs swallowing thier whistle was only beneficial to the Ravens at that point. Do you not see the difference? So it wasnt the right call, and considering that this was a tight game, it most certainly can be the blame for the lost.

It's really not about fact or fiction, it's about you finding something and then spinning it so it fits your arguement. You tried to do that with the holding in the endzone saying the time would've been back on the clock, but your thoughts were wrong so you had to find other things to try to spin.

Fit my arguement? I was reading the same article you persented and and it said that the ref has the clearance to stop play due to a penalty. A blatant penalty usually translates to the whistle stopping the play. In that case their were several holds. Just like the nature of offsides sometimes lead to the play being blown dead, and sometimes allowed to continue.

We lost the Super Bowl, Ravens won. If saying it was rigged makes you feel better about it, so be it. I just want to get past it and look forward to next season where our team can actually do something about it.

And lol at the refs stopping play on a hold. You know what. Show me 1 play this year where the refs just stopped the play because of a hold. Show me 1 play ALL YEAR of them stopping in the middle of a play to flag someone for a hold.
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
This is all an epic bunch hogwash

No, it doesn't matter how you start but it doesn't help that we're down 28-6 in the 3rd. You can't tell me if we didn't play like horses**t the 1st half that we don't win this game. Yes it does matter how you finish, but we didn't do enough to say the 1st half doesn't matter since we lost. The 1st half didn't matter in the Falcons game because we won. And it doesn't matter if the Ravens played 4 quarters of good football, they played enough to win and we didn't. Simple as that.

WTF? So regardless to the Ravens giving up 25 points in 1 quarter and a half is considered "4 quarters of good football", but the 9ers giving up 21 points in 2 quarters is "horse manuer"? Now your hole logic and arguement has crumbled. I have nothing more to say to you on that issue because it is obvious that you have things twisted.

I don't have the whole game in front of me since I deleted it in frustration, but no holding calls the whole game and only 1 pass interference shows that the refs let both teams play.And the only evidence of the game being rigged is the freakin blackout that was in our favor. So...The league almost let us win! Rigged.

Really? What about the illegitamate points change to get a unqualified Boger in place to ref the game? Considereing your claims, why did they call a PI for the Ravens? What did the 9ers do to get the "rare PI" called? Why for the Ravens? I have EVIDENCE that the Ravens got away with 2 holding calls that lead to TD's. Where is your FACTUAL evidence that they were not calling holding on both sides? You see the difference between you and I. I use evidence, you use ASSUMPTIONS.

Well apparently they didn't play physical enough since there were only 7 penalties all game and we lost. Sure, hold everyone on 3rd down, they called one PI the whole game, I'll take that everytime. And no, it wasn't called differently on both sides, you just perceive it that way because you can't take the fact that we lost a super bowl.

Again, your assumption vs my facts, you cant show me where the 9ers got away with consistent blantant calls. I can show where the no calls were beneficial for the Ravens and detrimental for the 9ers. The only arguement you have at this point is that they play outside of the rules since the Ravens were doing it. You said you couldnt rewatch the game, so how do you get so much confidence that the amount of no calls were equal? Everytime you respond you expose more and more that your arguement is arbitrary interpretation, or an attempt to save face.

No, we didn't play Niners football all game but we played enough of it to win the game. We didn't play enough of it in the SB to win. No, te Ravens didn't play Ravens football all game, but they played enough to win.

Ok, so they both played "enough to win the game" and you admitted that Crabtree was held. So what stood in the way of the 9ers winning? Refs that didnt want to "interfere with the game when in actuality making no call only benefitted the defense. Unless you are going to say that the 9ers' fix was to play outside the rules.

No, it necessarily doesn't matter how the game starts, but if the game finishes with you on the losing side then it obviously had an effect on the game. We sucked all 1st half, if we have even a little success we win.

Listen to yourself. So is it because they had a bad start, or is it because of the slump? Because the Ravens had a worst slump than the 9ers in less time. Man you are not hearing yourself? We had a chance to make their 2nd half even worst but was stopped by the refs. NOT the Ravens, the refs! Why is that not dawning on you?

It's not in the rulebook, nobody is saying it is, but it has always been known to anyone who watches sports is that the refs almost always swallow their whistle on the last play. I never said it was the right thing, but that's what happens.

Ok, so why is it so hard for you to understand those that are not pleased with "the wrong thing"? The refs swallowing thier whistle was only beneficial to the Ravens at that point. Do you not see the difference? So it wasnt the right call, and considering that this was a tight game, it most certainly can be the blame for the lost.

It's really not about fact or fiction, it's about you finding something and then spinning it so it fits your arguement. You tried to do that with the holding in the endzone saying the time would've been back on the clock, but your thoughts were wrong so you had to find other things to try to spin.

Fit my arguement? I was reading the same article you persented and and it said that the ref has the clearance to stop play due to a penalty. A blatant penalty usually translates to the whistle stopping the play. In that case their were several holds. Just like the nature of offsides sometimes lead to the play being blown dead, and sometimes allowed to continue.

We lost the Super Bowl, Ravens won. If saying it was rigged makes you feel better about it, so be it. I just want to get past it and look forward to next season where our team can actually do something about it.

And lol at the refs stopping play on a hold. You know what. Show me 1 play this year where the refs just stopped the play because of a hold. Show me 1 play ALL YEAR of them stopping in the middle of a play to flag someone for a hold.

Show me one unique play as that one? like I said, they have the liberty to do so. And on over the top plays like that they usually do. And if just saying that it was'nt just because it will harm your desired reality and it doesnt need further review, then you are welcome to dwell in that fantasy world. Yeah yeah, next season. Do you know how long that is from now? LOL I dont know man. Glass half empty. if we win it next year I'll only see it as a year setback from a dynasty. I guess thats what you get when you are more than sure you were short changed.
You know what Puck and Kaep,

Why don't you two dissect that MNF game back then when Indy came back from such a big, big deficit against the Tampa Bay Bucs. That game was something.

There is a particular theme with that game as well.
Show me one unique play as that one? like I said, they have the liberty to do so. And on over the top plays like that they usually do. And if just saying that it was'nt just because it will harm your desired reality and it doesnt need further review, then you are welcome to dwell in that fantasy world. Yeah yeah, next season. Do you know how long that is from now? LOL I dont know man. Glass half empty. if we win it next year I'll only see it as a year setback from a dynasty. I guess thats what you get when you are more than sure you were short changed.

So you can't find a play where they stop in the middle of the play because of a hold? I didn't think so...You keep misinterpreting the rules. The play has never stopped for a hold. And you can't even prove it. So why don't you prove it with evidence instead of ASSUMPTIONS??? HMMM???
Finally decided to go to NLF.com this afternoon. The first article I see, is this:

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap1000000136893/article/joe-flacco-willing-to-break-rules-to-tackle-ted-ginn-jr

True or not, it PISSES me off even more -- even though I'm mostly over it, and looking to the future -- knowing that
what my eyes witnessed during the game (per the Ravens play), was not a MIRAGE

Originally posted by 24plus25er:
You know I tried to stay "classy" and politically correct and avoid the whole the refs cost us the game spill... but forget that! Yes our defense did give up points, but we came back and were two points from tying the game and Ed Reed was CLEARLY off sides. The refs are out there for a reason, we can't always give them a pass because we don't want to look like sore losers. I'm okay with a botched call here and there but three HUGE "missed" calls is too much for me. Even more so when you consider the missed holding call allowed the Ravens a 108 yard kickoff return. Then on the two point conversion where Reed was offsides... GTFOH. To me it just seemed like the Refs drunk the kool aid and were caught up in the Ray Lewis last ride experience. We came back from 22 points down, fought through several missed calls/bad calls and no matter how you look at it the game still ended in the hands of the Refs.
I couldn't have said it better. Go back and look at the shove, no launch that Williams gave the ref after the Kap interception by Ed Reed. He ran into the ref, arms extended with the absolute intention of pushing him as hard as he did. The ref flew backwards a number of yards. No Flag!!! Should have been ejected. You can't dismiss that.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
You know I tried to stay "classy" and politically correct and avoid the whole the refs cost us the game spill... but forget that! Yes our defense did give up points, but we came back and were two points from tying the game and Ed Reed was CLEARLY off sides. The refs are out there for a reason, we can't always give them a pass because we don't want to look like sore losers. I'm okay with a botched call here and there but three HUGE "missed" calls is too much for me. Even more so when you consider the missed holding call allowed the Ravens a 108 yard kickoff return. Then on the two point conversion where Reed was offsides... GTFOH. To me it just seemed like the Refs drunk the kool aid and were caught up in the Ray Lewis last ride experience. We came back from 22 points down, fought through several missed calls/bad calls and no matter how you look at it the game still ended in the hands of the Refs.
I couldn't have said it better. Go back and look at the shove, no the "launch", that Williams gave the ref after the Kap interception by Ed Reed. He ran into the ref, arms extended with the absolute intention of pushing him as hard as he could. The ref flew backwards a number of yards. No Flag!!! Should have been ejected. You can't dismiss that. This is a call that happens 10 times out of 10.
Just found this .GIF ... notice the Ref, in the bottom right side of it.
How does he not SEE, let alone not CALL, Helmet-to-Helmet on that play ?

[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Feb 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM ]
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Finally decided to go to NLF.com this afternoon. The first article I see, is this:

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap1000000136893/article/joe-flacco-willing-to-break-rules-to-tackle-ted-ginn-jr

True or not, it PISSES me off even more -- even though I'm mostly over it, and looking to the future -- knowing that
what my eyes witnessed during the game (per the Ravens play), was not a MIRAGE

Let's see if Goodell has glasses. That showing up on the shield's site has to get his attention.
Share 49ersWebzone