LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 326 users in the forums

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
seahawks where robbed by refs for bettis's going away party. niners where screwed outta a very blatent penalty as well. obviously woulda given extra set of downs. given crabs a bear hug. detroit was bettis's hometown. ironically new orleans is ed reeds. throw in lewis retirement, and wow refs f**ked up tonite. holding passed 5 yards signed wit a nice big hug from the db. RIGHT IN THE REFS FACE! we will come back stronger and pissed off nfl, look out. we made our mistakes but we overcame them. to only f**ked by the refs who to busy trying to blow ray lewis. on that, note congrats to lewis and the ravens. we aint going nowhere. we will be back. kaep only played his 10th game, dudes beast
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
I know that everyone wants to adopt this military "no excuses" mentality, but in reality, refs can cost you a game. Everything cannot be summed up to an honest and clean ordeal.

Sure, I watched the Packers vs Seahawks and watched the Seahawks get handed a game. But this game wasn't lost because of the refs. We put ourselves in a 28-6 deficit. It was a great comeback attempt by us and I loved watching it but we just fell short and tried a terrible fade to end the game. I thought the no call was fine considering Crabtree initiated the contact and did PI himself.

And I still can't believe people are honestly pissed about the no call on the hold when the safety occured, if the flag was thrown the clock still would've ran down the same and the same result (a safety) would've occured. I'm sure the refs knew this and kept the flags in their back pocket.

If the refs didn't want us to win do you honestly believe they'd let us get all the way down to the red zone for the win? The refs let the players go at it on all 4 downs and we just called terrible plays.

And I applaud Ray Lewis for turning his life around. He was an absolute thug when he went to the U and first came into the NFL. He was hanging out with the wrong people and got himself into trouble. I'm glad he turned his life around and found god. Whatever happened that night, it turned his life around for the better. People here saying Lewis should be in prison, but if he was in prison right now his children wouldn't have a father figure for them. Good for Lewis on turning his life around.

Correction, that 28-6 point lead was not why we lost because we were on the 7 yardline down 5. Second, dont refer to Deion on the no call because contact initiation DOES NOT have a deciding factor on PI. It is when and how the contact is made. Crabs was held AFTER 5 yards. And contact was being made once the ball was released. Im watching it as we speak. Crabs moves was a SWIM move which is not illegal if a defender is impeding you from running your route. If Ray Lewis knew God he wouldnt envolve him in a football game. Dont buy into this marketing scheme.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
lol...b***hing about refs?

We lost the game...because we made several mistakes...and we are b***hing about the refs?

Refs didn't cost us the game. Ravens made some tremendous plays and we didn't. We dropped tough catches and Ravens made them. We didn't make enough plays and that's why we lost. Stop with crying about the refs.

And of course there will always be the "cool" guys that are too cool admit reason or fault.
Correction, that 28-6 point lead was not why we lost because we were on the 7 yardline down 5. Second, dont refer to Deion on the no call because contact initiation DOES NOT have a deciding factor on PI. It is when and how the contact is made. Crabs was held AFTER 5 yards. And contact was being made once the ball was released. Im watching it as we speak. Crabs moves was a SWIM move which is not illegal if a defender is impeding you from running your route. If Ray Lewis knew God he wouldnt envolve him in a football game. Dont buy into this marketing scheme.

Well the fact that Crabtree put his hand on the DB's helmet and pushed him down has a deciding factor on PI. It was a stupid play call. The play was 50/50 on the call, and it was the right call either way.

And who ever said Ray Lewis knew god? Nobody knows god. He found god through religion and just because he believes god helped him doesn't mean it's a marketing scheme.

We lost the game...because we made several mistakes...and we are b***hing about the refs?

Refs didn't cost us the game. Ravens made some tremendous plays and we didn't. We dropped tough catches and Ravens made them. We didn't make enough plays and that's why we lost. Stop with crying about the refs.

There needs to be a thumbs up button on this forum.

I dont know if you watch footage or not, but I cant see how this CLEAR wrap around is not a PI. On any level of football you play, when your arms are outside of the pads ITS A HOLD. And for goodness sake, had the called the hold on the punt, the hold would have taken place AND the clock would have been reset to the time of the foul which woild have been 9 sec. and a FG attempt or hail mary
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

And of course there will always be the "cool" guys that are too cool admit reason or fault.

Not being the cool guy. You couldn't disagree with my arguments because you know they are facts. Did Ravens make tough catches? Yes! Did we drop couple of catches we should have made? Yes. Did we make more mistakes? Yes.

We do any of those things right, we'd win. But you choose to blame the refs because you can't accept the fact that we blew it. You took the easy way out. We blew it. We had it. From the very first play on offense...to the last - we had too many mistakes and on defense - we missed too many tackles. That's why we lost. Not because of the refs.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

There needs to be a thumbs up button on this forum.

I dont know if you watch footage or not, but I cant see how this CLEAR wrap around is not a PI. On any level of football you play, when your arms are outside of the pads ITS A HOLD. And for goodness sake, had the called the hold on the punt, the hold would have taken place AND the clock would have been reset to the time of the foul which woild have been 9 sec. and a FG attempt or hail mary

Anyone who has played the game at any level knows that when the game is on line - refs tend to let the players play and only the most blatant of penalties get called. This is usually the case and that's what happened.

The time would not have been reset. It would've been 4 seconds and a safety kick. the EXACT same thing that happened without the penalty. Refs did no wrong there.
[ Edited by Kaep4MVP on Feb 4, 2013 at 2:44 AM ]

Well the fact that Crabtree put his hand on the DB's helmet and pushed him down has a deciding factor on PI. It was a stupid play call. The play was 50/50 on the call, and it was the right call either way.

And who ever said Ray Lewis knew god? Nobody knows god. He found god through religion and just because he believes god helped him doesn't mean it's a marketing scheme.

He didnt push him "down". the defender wrapped him up and he swam to try and make a play on the ball. Please show me one PI call where the offensive player is penalized for trying to free himself from the defender that is holding him? For Crabs to be at fault he would have to have CLEARLY EXTENDED his arms which he did not do. He swam which is perfectly legal. And about the God thing.......Nevermind. I doubt you know where im coming from.

The time would not have been reset. It would've been 4 seconds and a safety kick. the EXACT same thing that happened without the penalty. Refs did no wrong there.

The offense cannot run time off of the clock via penalty. Just as the defense cannot stop the clock via penalty.

The clock would have been reset to the time of the penalty (9 seconds).
The clock would have been reset to the time of the penalty (9 seconds).

When have you ever seen the refs reset the clock after a hold?
The defender never turned his head to make a play on the ball. That means that all the contact after 5 yards becomes automatically PI when the ball is thrown. Too bad he was too busy hugging Crabs.

Let's see... the non-call personal foul in the 1st quarter when the scuffle broke out and a Raven smacked Staley or Boone's(?) facemask. The non-call PI in the second quarter. The non call holding penalties all game. The non call in the 4th. But of course we get called for PI.

I count 7 guaranteed points given to the Ravens directly from bad officiating. 7 taken away from us. That's a 14 point difference in the final score. 49ers 38, Ravens 27.

To say the refs weren't a huge reason why we lost is ridiculous. It's definitely not the only reason, though. They made some good plays. Aside from the couple ridiculous blown coverage plays, which we tend to have every single game, we had some good coverage. They just made some plays. And we missed a lot of tackles. Aldon Smith was jogging around anytime they rushed at him, special teams looked lost, we were taking bad angles on Flacco...

Should be celebrating tonight.
Every week in every gameday thread the refs get blamed. And if you go to the other team's place, exactly the same thing happens.

We lost this game. It wasn't stolen from us by the refs and the NFL did not fix it so Lewis could go out on top. We lost.
Originally posted by English:
Every week in every gameday thread the refs get blamed. And if you go to the other team's place, exactly the same thing happens.

We lost this game. It wasn't stolen from us by the refs and the NFL did not fix it so Lewis could go out on top. We lost.

Yep. You hit the nail on the head. The fans are pissed, and rightfully so. We just lost the super bowl. So the fans have to blame someone and the of course the refs are first to blame. They have to highlight certain plays on slo-mo to show the refs missed a call. Happens every week. But the fact is, we lost, not because of the refs but because of us, and the Ravens won.
Share 49ersWebzone