There are 156 users in the forums

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
This guy is just a classless phony jack@$$

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/02/03/navorro-bowman-nearly-walks-out-of-interview-because-of-ray-lewis/

Screw Ray Lewis is his whole "God willed me to win" crap, God has more important things to do then win a football game for you. And he should be in jail, I hate that POS so bad.

And refs screwed us big time, 3 blown calls, simple, NFL wanted Baltimore Ravens and their darling Ray Lewis to win it for Ray Ray, so the idea of the 49ers winning it was not right. Thanks goodell, doing a bang up job as commish, NOT, arrogant prick is what Goodell, most phony person, right with David Stern,
Originally posted by diablo:
I also suppose crabtree isnt a big enough star since helmet to helmet doesnt apply to him yet

Saw that too.
Originally posted by sspiker:
Refs didn't cost us anything. Shut this ridiculous crap down. We don't want to act like Falcons fans here.

this. everyone needs to stop crying over this bs. our team doesnt play two halves of football, ever. and our secondary is garbage. has nothing to do with the refs
You know I tried to stay "classy" and politically correct and avoid the whole the refs cost us the game spill... but forget that! Yes our defense did give up points, but we came back and were two points from tying the game and Ed Reed was CLEARLY off sides. The refs are out there for a reason, we can't always give them a pass because we don't want to look like sore losers. I'm okay with a botched call here and there but three HUGE "missed" calls is too much for me. Even more so when you consider the missed holding call allowed the Ravens a 108 yard kickoff return. Then on the two point conversion where Reed was offsides... GTFOH. To me it just seemed like the Refs drunk the kool aid and were caught up in the Ray Lewis last ride experience. We came back from 22 points down, fought through several missed calls/bad calls and no matter how you look at it the game still ended in the hands of the Refs.
Hold the refs accountable man, when Seattle beat Green Bay off of a bad call all hell broke loose, and that was with inferior refs. Now when the regular refs miss obvious calls all game long, it's we need to gameplan and play better defense. We did gameplan... and that's why we came back in the second half. We did player better defense... in the second half. The game is played in quaters, and halfs for a reason. Hold the refs accountable man... their hands were all over this game.
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
That was one of the worst officiatjng games of all time. I thought the best officials are suppose to be at the superbowl. That bogard (sp) ref is terrible. How in the world is illegal contact or holding not called on the throw to crabs i just dont get it.

They say they dont want the officials deciding the game, but with that non call they decidedly waned the ravens to win. If its a penalty they should call the penalty noatter what the game situation is

Finally I have cooled off enough to express my anger with other Niner supporters. I know that it may make me a "sore loser" to complain about the refs but GOT DAMN!!!!
Refs didn't cost us anything. Shut this ridiculous crap down. We don't want to act like Falcons fans here.

I know that everyone wants to adopt this military "no excuses" mentality, but in reality, refs can cost you a game. Everything cannot be summed up to an honest and clean ordeal.

I understand that everybody likes to adopt the military mentality that there are no excuses, but in real life, a ref can cost you a game. In real life other sources can be a reason why you do not succeed.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
You know I tried to stay "classy" and politically correct and avoid the whole the refs cost us the game spill... but forget that! Yes our defense did give up points, but we came back and were two points from tying the game and Ed Reed was CLEARLY off sides. The refs are out there for a reason, we can't always give them a pass because we don't want to look like sore losers. I'm okay with a botched call here and there but three HUGE "missed" calls is too much for me. Even more so when you consider the missed holding call allowed the Ravens a 108 yard kickoff return. Then on the two point conversion where Reed was offsides... GTFOH. To me it just seemed like the Refs drunk the kool aid and were caught up in the Ray Lewis last ride experience. We came back from 22 points down, fought through several missed calls/bad calls and no matter how you look at it the game still ended in the hands of the Refs.

Yes! Are you referring to the sandwich block on Miller? I have never seen anything like that in my life.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

THIS!! The sandwich block they made on Fred Miller was confirmation to something fishy. I never saw anything like this.

We all came in this game expecting bad calls due to the shoddy officiating crew. Our biggest nightmares came true.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000135279/Can-t-Miss-Play-Jacoby-Jones-sets-record-with-kickoff-return

Bruce Miller CLEARLY blocked in the back AND held by another player. He would undoubtedly have been in that running lane to make the tackle if not for the blocks. That's 7 points.

Michael Crabtree blatantly held on 4th and goal. It was indeed catchable. No matter how weird the playcall was, it happened. And Crabtree was held. He pushed off a bit too. At worst it was offsetting penalties, replay down. At best, it's automatic 1st down. Complete robbery.

Add in this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrtIXEaWUDc

Are you kidding me? Anthony Dixon got wrapped around and dragged 5 yards. The most obvious, blatant hold I've ever seen in my life. We should have had some time added on the clock for the ensuing kickoff. Ravens got to run out 5 extra seconds due to the holding on Dixon. Ginn returned the kick to the 50. We get the extra 5 seconds and we can do the Hail Mary. And we should never have been put in that position in the first place. Don't get me wrong: Whitner and Culliver were really bad. And Roman should have dialed more runs/short passes at the goal line. But overall as a team we played well enough to win this game. Dominated the 2nd half. Refball cost us a Super Bowl title, period.
[ Edited by SmileyJetson on Feb 4, 2013 at 1:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
I know that everyone wants to adopt this military "no excuses" mentality, but in reality, refs can cost you a game. Everything cannot be summed up to an honest and clean ordeal.

Sure, I watched the Packers vs Seahawks and watched the Seahawks get handed a game. But this game wasn't lost because of the refs. We put ourselves in a 28-6 deficit. It was a great comeback attempt by us and I loved watching it but we just fell short and tried a terrible fade to end the game. I thought the no call was fine considering Crabtree initiated the contact and did PI himself.

And I still can't believe people are honestly pissed about the no call on the hold when the safety occured, if the flag was thrown the clock still would've ran down the same and the same result (a safety) would've occured. I'm sure the refs knew this and kept the flags in their back pocket.

If the refs didn't want us to win do you honestly believe they'd let us get all the way down to the red zone for the win? The refs let the players go at it on all 4 downs and we just called terrible plays.

And I applaud Ray Lewis for turning his life around. He was an absolute thug when he went to the U and first came into the NFL. He was hanging out with the wrong people and got himself into trouble. I'm glad he turned his life around and found god. Whatever happened that night, it turned his life around for the better. People here saying Lewis should be in prison, but if he was in prison right now his children wouldn't have a father figure for them. Good for Lewis on turning his life around.
I don't believe at all that the league picks winners and officiates for certain outcomes, but I do think SB teams should have a say in SB crews, kinda like lawyers have a say in jurors.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
lol...b***hing about refs?

We lost the game...because we made several mistakes...and we are b***hing about the refs?

Refs didn't cost us the game. Ravens made some tremendous plays and we didn't. We dropped tough catches and Ravens made them. We didn't make enough plays and that's why we lost. Stop with crying about the refs.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
lol...b***hing about refs?

We lost the game...because we made several mistakes...and we are b***hing about the refs?

Refs didn't cost us the game. Ravens made some tremendous plays and we didn't. We dropped tough catches and Ravens made them. We didn't make enough plays and that's why we lost. Stop with crying about the refs.

There needs to be a thumbs up button on this forum.
Share 49ersWebzone