There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Originally posted by robniner:
This is the fact that they are PURPOSELY ignoring. They view it as if football is played under the perception of "the outcome of each play MUST be ideal or the previous mistakes are the reason you lose the game" when that is false and why it is a 60 minute game. The refs are not there to win or lose a game, they are there to mediate the game.

More protection of the refs from extreme critcism and ridicule

"the human element" is the mask that they use for it.

None of this matters. If the refs don't call certain penalties in a game, the players have to notice and take advantage. That's what the Ravens did.

How can you gauge this? I mean really? If thats the case, Culliver was penalized for less severe contact (PI) then your claim holds no weight. This is all smoke and mirrors to cover the fact that the refs called a bad game especially in the 4th. Dont say the refs are "allowing them to play a certain way" when there are many instances on the contrary. And on a side note, where do you draw the line? Should they have called a sweep to Crabs side and allow our blockers to wrap their arms around the defenders dependent upon the perception that "they are allowing us to play"? You can not justify this man.
  • da209
  • Veteran
On nfl 32 they just showed the plays that could have been penalized! This game was so rigged !! Not blaming the refs because we did not play to our full potential, bug damn .
The hold on Bruce miller when jones returned the kickoff, the offsides on Ed Rees for the 2 point conversion and the the 2 holds on the safety and. The bear hug on Crabtree .

Totall b******t !!
This is the fact that they are PURPOSELY ignoring. They view it as if football is played under the perception of "the outcome of each play MUST be ideal or the previous mistakes are the reason you lose the game" when that is false and why it is a 60 minute game. The refs are not there to win or lose a game, they are there to mediate the game.

None of this matters. If the refs don't call certain penalties in a game, the players have to notice and take advantage. That's what the Ravens did.

How can you gauge this? I mean really? If thats the case, Culliver was penalized for less severe contact (PI) then your claim holds no weight. This is all smoke and mirrors to cover the fact that the refs called a bad game especially in the 4th. Dont say the refs are "allowing them to play a certain way" when there are many instances on the contrary. And on a side note, where do you draw the line? Should they have called a sweep to Crabs side and allow our blockers to wrap their arms around the defenders dependent upon the perception that "they are allowing us to play"? You can not justify this man.

When I saw that head refs face on the screen my jaw dropped to the floor. Him and his crew are the worst in football. I know it wasn't his crew, but I was not expecting a well called game.

You have to pick your spots with penalties. Everybody knows that holding happens every play. If the refs are bad, you can get away with it more often. The refs penis shriveled up and he didn't want to decide the fate of the Super Bowl. So he held his flag.
The Ravens KNEW that the ref was a p***y and wouldn't make such a huge call. They gambled and it paid off.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Feb 4, 2013 at 3:02 PM ]
Can someone explain why the clock continued to run when Colin had ran out of bounds on two consecutive play. First play starts at the 10:20 mark in the third quarter. it stops for a few seconds, but then starts again.

When I saw that head refs face on the screen my jaw dropped to the floor. Him and his crew are the worst in football. I know it wasn't his crew, but I was not expecting a well called game.

You have to pick your spots with penalties. Everybody knows that holding happens every play. If the refs are bad, you can get away with it more often. The refs penis shriveled up and he didn't want to decide the fate of the Super Bowl. So he held his flag.
The Ravens KNEW that the ref was a p***y and wouldn't make such a huge call. They gambled and it paid off.

Actually if you look at it, the Ravens play call was to hold. Every CB held on that play. Go back and watch it. ACCROSS THE BOARD and no flag thrown. Eventually some controversy will come out. It was too obvious. They called a 0 blitz and instructed their CB's to hold their Wr's and try to buy an extra sec for the blitz to get home.
[ Edited by Puckdaddy on Feb 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM ]
Actually if you look at it, the Ravens play call was to hold. Every CB held on that play. Go back and watch it. ACCROSS THE BOARD and no flag thrown. Eventually some controversy will come out. It was too obvious.

The players were smart enough to know that the officials were not willing to decide the Super Bowl with a call. That smart, heady play paid off well for them.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Also a huge holding play on Bruce Miller on that kick return. only reason the return was taken to the house is cause Miller was held be 2 guys and that allowed hem to split the middle.
Originally posted by THEB:
Also a huge holding play on Bruce Miller on that kick return. only reason the return was taken to the house is cause Miller was held be 2 guys and that allowed hem to split the middle.

Another smart play by the Ravens. Taking advantage of the officials.
Actually if you look at it, the Ravens play call was to hold. Every CB held on that play. Go back and watch it. ACCROSS THE BOARD and no flag thrown. Eventually some controversy will come out. It was too obvious.

The players were smart enough to know that the officials were not willing to decide the Super Bowl with a call. That smart, heady play paid off well for them.

Well actually they DID decide a Super Bowl. Think about it. That was 4th and goal with 1:45 left. How can you say they didnt decide a Suoer Bowl? They actually CHOSE a side. Please validate your claim.
Originally posted by maciasniner:
Can someone explain why the clock continued to run when Colin had ran out of bounds on two consecutive play. First play starts at the 10:20 mark in the third quarter. it stops for a few seconds, but then starts again.

CAN SOMEONE CHECK THIS OUT FOR ME? I WANT TO KNOW!!

Enough already. There is no way to know an official is going to let you blatantly hold a guy. These comments only serve to incite.

CAN SOMEONE CHECK THIS OUT FOR ME? I WANT TO KNOW!!
Was covered in an earlier thread....the clock only stops when running out of bounds in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half and the last 5 minutes of the 2nd. Someone linked the rule.

Dude, why do I keep hearing pundits elude to rules that are not in the rulebook? The super bowl does not change the rules. Do I need to go and pull up game changing calls and no calls in a super bowl? I can pull up several in this game. Its not "smart" by the Ravens as there is no line to determine what will or wont be called on any particular play. It worked, but not due to any intelligent action of the Ravens. As the penalty could have been called and the Niners score on a HB dive

Then this Super Bowl should have been played in someone's big backyard, or on a very big field. The presence of refs would not be needed.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Was covered in an earlier thread....the clock only stops when running out of bounds in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half and the last 5 minutes of the 2nd. Someone linked the rule.

Wow, I didn't know that. I guess if its a rule then nevermind. Thanks for the response.