LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 264 users in the forums

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
So Crabs cannot catch fade routes? AND it was not covered.

Apparently he can't run a good enough route. Run a slant route and get to the back of the endzone where he'd be WIDE OPEN.

Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne made a living for the slant at the back of the endzone off of a man to man blitz.

Ok dude. I would like to see you "run a good route" with a 200 LBS man holding on to you. You are being irrational right now.

That helmet to helmet on Crabs the play before SHOULD have set up 1st and goal!
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by socalniner:
so many obvious calls not made...shoving the ref, holding on crabs, holding on the punt safety...I can take a loss, but this one was hard to let go.

so m any obvious missed passes by ck,, ginn in the end zone should have went to a wide open vernon down the middle, the pick should have been a easy toss to moss, on third and goal a simple flip back to gore, the inability to get plays called, the terrible tackling in the first half, the four quarters of overall bad defense is reality and the reason why we lost the game, not the refs

The point being if officiated consistently on both sides we win despite the above mistakes and flaws.

A contest is not fair if the rules inconsistent for each opponent.

Yes the 9ers made every mistake you listed, and a few more by my count, BUT they made up for those mistakes, part of what makes legends, and then are expected to overcome the refs as well? Im not buying it.

The PI called on Culliver was less severe than the two plays to Crabs on the final drive.
The return for a TD had plain textbook and painfully obvious holding that allowed the play to occur
Ed Reed was easily as off sides as our guys had just been flagged for being earlier on the 2pt conversion

Inconstant.

You can say those calls didn't factor into the game and thats fine. I however can say that they played a major role in our defeat and that's also ok cause it's my opinion, one that doesn't deserve scorn or this assault that you seem to have championed against that contrary to your opinion.
[ Edited by WINiner on Feb 4, 2013 at 2:04 PM ]
And I thought the NBA Finals was bad.
Originally posted by Niners99:
It makes me sick to stop and think about all the non-calls on the Ravens. Its such a helpless feeling to watch all that holding, and to know the refs, who normally flag that stuff 10 out of 10 times, just turned a blind eye.

Its our fault for not putting ourselves in a better position, especially early on, but I will never forget the blatant missed calls in this game. Its in-excusable, especially when its the biggest sporting event in existence.

Reading that article about how Jerome Bogar's points were "adjusted" by 8 so he could come out as the best ref and be in this game was disturbing.

You never want to turn into one of those conspiracy theory fans, because if the Niners had punch it in at the last min, they very well couldve won anyways. BUT, theres no way I will ever believe there wasnt something fishy going on with the NFL, the refs, and the whole stupid Ray Lewis retirement destiny BS. Ive never seen someone get raped on a hold as badly as Bruce Miller was on that kickoff return, and no flags.

It'll never come out, because it will ruin the integrity of the NFL, but I do think the NFL told the refs "if its a close call, favor the Ravens". There was way too many non-calls in the Ravens favor for that to not have been said.

Its fitting that in a season when the replacement refs screwed up so much early on, that refs would screw up the SB as well.

Eric Mangini just showed Delanie Being held also on that 4th and goal play. So I think that was apart of the Ravens playcall to grab the recievers
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by socalniner:
so many obvious calls not made...shoving the ref, holding on crabs, holding on the punt safety...I can take a loss, but this one was hard to let go.

so m any obvious missed passes by ck,, ginn in the end zone should have went to a wide open vernon down the middle, the pick should have been a easy toss to moss, on third and goal a simple flip back to gore, the inability to get plays called, the terrible tackling in the first half, the four quarters of overall bad defense is reality and the reason why we lost the game, not the refs

The point being if officiated consistently on both sides we win despite the above mistakes and flaws.

A contest is not fair if the rules inconsistent for each opponent. Asking the Niners to more than atone for the mistakes made earlier in the contest is not fair.

Yes they made every mistake you listed, and a few more by my count, BUT they made up for those mistakes, part of what makes legends, and then are expected to overcome the refs as well? Im not buying it.

This is the fact that they are PURPOSELY ignoring. They view it as if football is played under the perception of "the outcome of each play MUST be ideal or the previous mistakes are the reason you lose the game" when that is false and why it is a 60 minute game. The refs are not there to win or lose a game, they are there to mediate the game.
This is the fact that they are PURPOSELY ignoring. They view it as if football is played under the perception of "the outcome of each play MUST be ideal or the previous mistakes are the reason you lose the game" when that is false and why it is a 60 minute game. The refs are not there to win or lose a game, they are there to mediate the game.

More protection of the refs from extreme critcism and ridicule
Originally posted by WINiner:

A contest is not fair if the rules inconsistent for each opponent.

Yes the 9ers made every mistake you listed, and a few more by my count, BUT they made up for those mistakes, part of what makes legends, and then are expected to overcome the refs as well? Im not buying it.

The PI called on Culliver was less severe than the two plays to Crabs on the final drive.
The return for a TD had plain textbook and painfully obvious holding that allowed the play to occur
Ed Reed was easily as off sides as our guys had just been flagged for being earlier on the 2pt conversion

Inconstant.

You can say those calls didn't factor into the game and thats fine. I however can say that they played a major role in our defeat and that's also ok cause it's my opinion, one that doesn't deserve scorn or this assault that you seem to have championed against that contrary to your opinion.

This x100000000000
There are MANY of us Ravens fans that think/feel that Ray Lewis' schtick wore off a long, long time ago. The whole over-the-top religious stuff is tiresome, annoying and boring. That being said, he has been arguably the best MLB to ever play the game and his accomplishments and achievements on the field cannot be minimized. Greatest ever? I personally think so, and I saw Butkus, Singletary, Nitschke, Nobis, etc....You may feel otherwise, and that's great. That's part of what makes American football the success it is; the ability to engender that type of passionate discourse between fans. I, for one, am pleased Ray Lewis' career has come to an end on a high note. Is all his "stuff" sincere and legit? I don't know, and it really isn't of any import to me. I'll let Ray and The Supreme Being hash that out.
I DO know, however, that those who continue to label him a "killer" or a "murderer" are either ignorant of the facts revolving around the Atlanta case, or just flat-out stupid. If one takes the time to read the transcripts and to look at the IMPARTIAL EVIDENCE which is readily available, the continual hammering of the charge "murderer/killer" provides a greater indictment of the person speaking than it does of Lewis.
On another note, I have a real hard time understanding the opinion I've seen on this board regarding this year as being the "shot" for the 49ers. I readily admit I do not know your cap situation, but from what I have seen of the talent on the field, the 49ers should be a force for the next few years. The LB crew, (when healthy), is far and away the best in the NFL, CK7 is for real, Gore is still a top-flight RB, etc.... a good draft for you guys and I'd bet you will be back in the NFC Championship/SB next year.
[ Edited by jaydee414 on Feb 4, 2013 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by jaydee414:
There are MANY of us Ravens fans that think/feel that Ray Lewis' schtick wore off a long, long time ago. The whole over-the-top religious stuff is tiresome, annoying and boring. That being said, he has been arguably the best MLB to ever play the game and his accomplishments and achievements on the field cannot be minimized. Greatest ever? I personally think so, and I saw Butkus, Singletary, Nitschke, Nobis, etc....You may feel otherwise, and that's great. That's part of what makes American football the success it is; the ability to engender that type of passionate discourse between fans. I, for one, am pleased Ray Lewis' career has come to an end on a high note. Is all his "stuff" sincere and legit? I don't know, and it really isn't of any import to me. I'll let Ray and The Supreme Being hash that out.
I DO know, however, that those who continue to label him a "killer" or a "murderer" are either ignorant of the facts revolving around the Atlanta case, or just flat-out stupid. If one takes the time to read the transcripts and to look at the IMPARTIAL EVIDENCE which is readily available, the continual hammering of the charge "murderer/killer" provides a greater indictment of the person speaking than it does of Lewis.
On another note, I have a real hard time understanding the opinion I've seen on this board regarding this year as being the "shot" for the 49ers. I readily admit I do not know your cap situation, but from what I have seen of the talent on the field, the 49ers should be a force for the next few years. The LB crew, (when healthy), is far and away the best in the NFL, CK& is for real, Gore is still a top-flight RB, etc.... a good draft for you guys and I'd bet you will be back in the NFC Championship/SB next year.

Thanks for that. But its the day after man. We went through this last year with the Giants but this time its that much worse.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 4, 2013 at 2:23 PM ]
Originally posted by jaydee414:
On another note, I have a real hard time understanding the opinion I've seen on this board regarding this year as being the "shot" for the 49ers. I readily admit I do not know your cap situation, but from what I have seen of the talent on the field, the 49ers should be a force for the next few years. The LB crew, (when healthy), is far and away the best in the NFL, CK& is for real, Gore is still a top-flight RB, etc.... a good draft for you guys and I'd bet you will be back in the NFC Championship/SB next year.

The 49ers:

The bad: We lost he Super Bowl.
The good: Just about everything else. Head coach, we now have a quarterback, we have young Pro-Bowl players signed for years, with a bright shiny new stadium.

As I said before, thank God we are not languishing away with Brian Billick and Blaine Gabbert promising a playoff birth. And thank God we didn't just lose to Tom Brady and the Patriots.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Feb 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM ]

Y2R....I hear you.
I remember how I felt, (and where I was, etc...), when the BALTIMORE Colts lost SBIII to Namath and the Jets.
Makes Mondays suck even more, if that's possible.
@BrianGO.....Up until Tommy Uggs' chickens**t "slide" in the AFC Champ game, the Steelers, (while I have tremendous respect for the organization and the way they continually adapt), were #1 on the most hated list. Now, I would rather see Pittsburgh run off four in a row than have NE win one. As T. Suggs so aptly said, "Arrogant b***hes."
Originally posted by robniner:

"the human element" is the mask that they use for it.
Originally posted by robniner:

None of this matters. If the refs don't call certain penalties in a game, the players have to notice and take advantage. That's what the Ravens did.

And the stating the truth results in a fine.
Share 49ersWebzone