There are 316 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

No matter how bad we played in the first half we came out in the second half and kicked ass but we could not overcome refs who were just letting the Ravens get away with what ever they wanted to do

And why the hell did the power go out in the second half while we had the ball right after the big kickoff return that should have been called back?????

People need to open their eyes and realize just what happened last night and call for an investigation... that was just pure b******t out there "they" did everything they could to stop the Niners and for all of it we still almost beat them thugs.. they new they had to cheat to beat us we were the better team and we were favored to win and should have won....
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
It was the super bowl.

wtf do you expect on a fan forum.

You signed up today to come in here and troll. Why didn't you come earlier to talk football?

Get lost bandwagoner.

Since this is not a Steeler fan board, I am assuming you all can read. If you would go back and read my first post, Y2R, you would see that it was a levelheaded, non-inflammatory post. Relax, Ace.
I understand you feel like crap this morning, and I also understand that blind homer-ism is tough to shake. If these teams played 10 times, I don't think either would have more than a 6-4 advantage. Had the 49ers been able to get off the mark a bit quicker, it most likely would have been a different outcome. The 49ers consistently dug themselves holes in games this year and the law of averages was bound to catch up to you sooner or later.
Good luck,Y2R, and maybe after you get your panties unwadded, you'll be able to appreciate the season you had.
And, btw, I had tried for a week to get on your board to talk football, but was having difficulty signing in. Thanks for the classy response.
[ Edited by jaydee414 on Feb 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM ]
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Well please tell us why have you been debating if you understand our plight?

Because I thought it was 50/50 live and I'm not all that pissed that he didn't make the call. I think he was scared to though. I wasn't debating all of that. I was debating that the refs cost us the game, which I still don't believe they did.

What you are not understanding is the fact that the Super Bowl is rarely won by large margins and mistake free football, so a missed call here or there can and was the deciding factor of this game.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Ed Reed was definitely off-sides on that two point conversion as well.

Absolutely!!! Another huge blown call....but the most blatant one was the non-holding call on the kickoff return... Just inexcusable...
What you are not understanding is the fact that the Super Bowl is rarely won by large margins and mistake free football, so a missed call here or there can and was the deciding factor of this game.

Thank you!!!!......and the job of the officials is to officiate.......not "let the guys play".....when there are blatant fouls... The NFL should be ashamed...
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

Thank you!!!!......and the job of the officials is to officiate.......not "let the guys play".....when there are blatant fouls... The NFL should be ashamed...

exactly. whats fair for one team is fair for the other if your gonna "let them play" that didnt happen.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by jaydee414:
Man, I thought our Ravens board had whiners when the Ravens lose. You guys really take the cake.
not all niner fans are like this . many here just want to gloss over the fact we were terrible in all aspects in the first half and did not deserve to win this game. we have had issues all year than some fans like me have tried to point out. they are s**tty play calling by roman, terrible secondary, penalties that extend drives for teams and half our drives, terrible special teams and of course we get flamed and called trolls and non fans. all those things plus our sudden inability to f**king tackle anyone last night in the first half was inexcusable at this time of the year on that stage in that game. the refs had nothing to do with the game, the ravens had better coaches, a better quarterback, better defense and were just a better team. it is easier to blame a ref or some grassy knoll dips**t nfl conspiracy than to look in the mirror and see the issues that have been there all year long. and the head of the rattlesnake which was more like a little garter snake last night in the niners head coach is coming off like a whiny crying little baby today. first and goal at the 7 with a good running game and you call three soft horses**t passes. i am sure there are niner fans who will defend it.. but its ok because we had a 300 yard passer last night and we made the game close

You television guys are so out of touch with reality. Like I have been saying to others, why is it so impossible to understand that football games are not won or lost in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd quarter. Therefore its unreasonable to set a standard of that expectation. They erased that 1st half mess, and fought back into it and was stopped by a bad call.
At what point is holding legal when covering a reciever in the rulebook?

It's not. The DB was holding on the replay no question. I still would've called a slant. It's easy to say it in hindsight but I like the slant to Crabtree or the fade to Moss which is the ONLY reason we signed Moss.

And watching the film you would have fed right in theRavens hands.
Ok, go and watch the film yourself man. Because you refuse to listen to me. SLANTS WERE COVERED. The DB's even angled their backs so they can take away the slant route.

Well I didn't see the DB's angled. But even a slant in that situation would've been better than throwing the fade to Crabtree. Throw the Fade to Moss, we paid him for a reason.

This is no longer that Moss. Maybe a few years ago.
Originally posted by jaydee414:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
It was the super bowl.

wtf do you expect on a fan forum.

You signed up today to come in here and troll. Why didn't you come earlier to talk football?

Get lost bandwagoner.

Since this is not a Steeler fan board, I am assuming you all can read. If you would go back and read my first post, Y2R, you would see that it was a levelheaded, non-inflammatory post. Relax, Ace.
I understand you feel like crap this morning, and I also understand that blind homer-ism is tough to shake. If these teams played 10 times, I don't think either would have more than a 6-4 advantage. Had the 49ers been able to get off the mark a bit quicker, it most likely would have been a different outcome. The 49ers consistently dug themselves holes in games this year and the law of averages was bound to catch up to you sooner or later.
Good luck,Y2R, and maybe after you get your panties unwadded, you'll be able to appreciate the season you had.
And, btw, I had tried for a week to get on your board to talk football, but was having difficulty signing in. Thanks for the classy response.

Every season that doesn't end with a superbowl win is worthless. It's like last season people said appreciate the great season you had. Well it was a horrible season because we didn't win the big one and every season the last 15 years for us has been the same.

I wish more than anything that we would have lost in the playoffs because now our perfect superbowl record is marred with a superbowl that will haunt us for a long long time.

Last season was heart breaking but this season is soul crushing. The sad part is we have to learn lessons like this the hard way. We lose the NFC champ game last season so our guys come back and get over the hump and win that game and then stop fighting. Now another loss in the superbowl and that might light a fire under their ass to win it next season. Sadly I don't see it happening. This was our year and I think we all see how hard it is just to get to the game. We blew it again and chances like we had two seasons in a row are very few and far between.

Congrats to the Ravens but I can't even turn on espn or nfl network today without puking with all the Ray Lewis b******t. He is such a self centered ego driven attention whore and I despise him more than anybody.
We might have played like crap but the refs played a role in all this. It started with the first play which was a gain not a penalty. If it wasn't for that, we might have scored on that opening drive. That so called illegal formation was an instant momentum killer.
I miss the Singletary days now. At least then we knew we sucked and wouldn't win the superbowl. This Harbaugh squad is hell bent on breaking our hearts and I can't take it anymore. I would rather miss the playoffs than get so damn close and blow it.
Originally posted by BayArea:

Congrats to the Ravens but I can't even turn on espn or nfl network today without puking with all the Ray Lewis b******t. He is such a self centered ego driven attention whore and I despise him more than anybody.

That whole Ray Lewis thing is what spurred this screwjob in the first place.
They cost us the game totally in the end. Even in the first quarter they let the Ravens hold all day long.

They made sure they sent Lewis out with a ring, since after all he is the thug role model of the league.
It makes me sick to stop and think about all the non-calls on the Ravens. Its such a helpless feeling to watch all that holding, and to know the refs, who normally flag that stuff 10 out of 10 times, just turned a blind eye.

Its our fault for not putting ourselves in a better position, especially early on, but I will never forget the blatant missed calls in this game. Its in-excusable, especially when its the biggest sporting event in existence.

Reading that article about how Jerome Bogar's points were "adjusted" by 8 so he could come out as the best ref and be in this game was disturbing.

You never want to turn into one of those conspiracy theory fans, because if the Niners had punch it in at the last min, they very well couldve won anyways. BUT, theres no way I will ever believe there wasnt something fishy going on with the NFL, the refs, and the whole stupid Ray Lewis retirement destiny BS. Ive never seen someone get raped on a hold as badly as Bruce Miller was on that kickoff return, and no flags.

It'll never come out, because it will ruin the integrity of the NFL, but I do think the NFL told the refs "if its a close call, favor the Ravens". There was way too many non-calls in the Ravens favor for that to not have been said.

Its fitting that in a season when the replacement refs screwed up so much early on, that refs would screw up the SB as well.