There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
So Crabs cannot catch fade routes? AND it was not covered.

Apparently he can't run a good enough route. Run a slant route and get to the back of the endzone where he'd be WIDE OPEN.

Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne made a living for the slant at the back of the endzone off of a man to man blitz.
[ Edited by Kaep4MVP on Feb 4, 2013 at 7:21 AM ]
Here are some early observations I saw that indicate this game wasn't going to go our way.

1. A controversial officiating crew featuring Jerome Boger

2. The Ravens winning the coin toss

3. The Ravens deferring to the second half

4. The first play of the game results in a penalty (which I believe was bull)

5. A three and out.

6. Giving the Ravens a short field on their first possession.

And it just went on from there
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
So Crabs cannot catch fade routes? AND it was not covered.

Apparently he can't run a good enough route. Run a slant route and get to the back of the endzone where he'd be WIDE OPEN.

Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne made a living for the slant at the back of the endzone off of a man to man blitz.

Ok dude. I would like to see you "run a good route" with a 200 LBS man holding on to you. You are being irrational right now.
Ok dude. I would like to see you "run a good route" with a 200 LBS man holding on to you. You are being irrational right now.

If he didn't run right into the 200 LBS man he wouldn't have been held on to. Slant would've been the best call in that situation.
All I know is if we were on the defensive end the consensus here would've been it was a good no call. I'm just trying to be unbias. I think the no call was just as right as if it would've been called.

But Crabtree should've seen the blitz and ran straight to the corner of the endzone for the fade. Cris Carter said it himself. He ran a terrible route and ran right into the defender. Kaepernick didn't have time to wait for Crabtree to get in position to throw, he had to get rid of it as quick as possible. Crabtree should've seen that.

And Warren Sap, A DEFENSIVE PLAYER, said it was a ridiculous no call...... so?

At the end of it all if they were going to call Culliver on a weak PI they should have called the holding penalty on Crabs. One keeps a drive alive and the other kills the game. You said it yourself.... consistency is key.
Originally posted by Mookster:

At the end of it all if they were going to call Culliver on a weak PI they should have called the holding penalty on Crabs. One keeps a drive alive and the other kills the game. You said it yourself.... consistency is key.

It was a PI or a hold at the end. I agree with that. But do you honestly think that ref was going to make the call of the year in the Super Bowl? I hate that they won't make the calls, but the truth is they're scared to make the call because He's under so much pressure. It should've been called, but I knew he was never going to.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
The run back and the stupid hail mary toss to jacoby jones cost us the game, Yes there were some calls that didnt favor the niners but we fought back and came close, BUT i dont agree with the play calling on our last drive from the 5 yard line, we could of done a run play the 1st 2 downs then boot leg on third, But whats done is done and gotta prepare for next year, Our secondary needs major help though and i think a veteran wr in free agency could help too since i really think moss will not come back.

If he didn't run right into the 200 LBS man he wouldn't have been held on to. Slant would've been the best call in that situation.

At what point is holding legal when covering a reciever in the rulebook?

Provide empirical evidence for this according to the defense that was played.
It was a PI or a hold at the end. I agree with that. But do you honestly think that ref was going to make the call of the year in the Super Bowl? I hate that they won't make the calls, but the truth is they're scared to make the call because He's under so much pressure. It should've been called, but I knew he was never going to.

Not making the calls, especially in a game of this magnitude, can affect the true outcome of the game and get you death threats. Just ask that umpire in the '85 World Series whose call virtually turned that series around.

It's not. The DB was holding on the replay no question. I still would've called a slant. It's easy to say it in hindsight but I like the slant to Crabtree or the fade to Moss which is the ONLY reason we signed Moss.
Originally posted by Mookster:

Well please tell us why have you been debating if you understand our plight?

It's not. The DB was holding on the replay no question. I still would've called a slant. It's easy to say it in hindsight but I like the slant to Crabtree or the fade to Moss which is the ONLY reason we signed Moss.

Ok, go and watch the film yourself man. Because you refuse to listen to me. SLANTS WERE COVERED. The DB's even angled their backs so they can take away the slant route.
Well please tell us why have you been debating if you understand our plight?

Because I thought it was 50/50 live and I'm not all that pissed that he didn't make the call. I think he was scared to though. I wasn't debating all of that. I was debating that the refs cost us the game, which I still don't believe they did.
Ok, go and watch the film yourself man. Because you refuse to listen to me. SLANTS WERE COVERED. The DB's even angled their backs so they can take away the slant route.

Well I didn't see the DB's angled. But even a slant in that situation would've been better than throwing the fade to Crabtree. Throw the Fade to Moss, we paid him for a reason.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home