There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
When I saw it live I thought it was 50/50. It's much easier to look at it in slo-mo 20 times and make a decision. But it was 50/50 live and it went the other way and it really really sucks. But I can't complain about something like that. I'll complain about something we could've controlled, which was the playcalling. Which was terrible.

I saw it live too. And I saw it was holding then. I didn't even look at the replays until this morning. Watching them only solidifies it.You can see clearly on the tape (at full speed):

1) Crabs was beyond five yards which makes intentional contact prior to possession of the ball illegal.

2) Contact by the defender impeded the receivers progress and ability to make a play for the ball.

3) The defender never looks back for the ball.

All of that is right there on tape, clear as day. I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this could be interpreted any other way.
[ Edited by baltien on Feb 4, 2013 at 7:00 AM ]
Originally posted by baltien:
I saw it live too. And I saw it was holding then. I didn't even look at the replays until this morning. Watching them only solidifies it.

You can see clearly on the tape (at full speed):

1) Crabs was beyond five yards which makes intentional contact prior to possession of the ball illegal.

2) Contact by the defender impeded the receivers progress and ability to make a play for the ball.

3) The defender never looks back for the ball.

All of that is right there on tape, clear as day. I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this could be interpreted any other way.

We had different opinions looking at it live then. I never argued that it wasn't a flag looking at the replay. Yes, it was. But live I thought it was 50/50.
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Playcalling was explained. Crabtree had the mismatch. They had 8 or 9 in the box anticipating Gore.

Throw a slant. Not a fade that Kaepernick didn't have time to throw.


Throw a slant? Are you serious? They especially covered the slant. Did you not see the man to man coverage accross the field? EVERYBODY was covered for the slane. that was the right playcall.
As much as this is my first post, this reminds me of last season's NBA Finals where obviously the refs there virtually wanted LeBron James to finally win a ring.

Same rules apply here.
Originally posted by robniner:
As much as this is my first post, this reminds me of last season's NBA Finals where obviously the refs there virtually wanted LeBron James to finally win a ring.

Same rules apply here.

Bingo.
Originally posted by sspiker:
Refs didn't cost us anything. Shut this ridiculous crap down. We don't want to act like Falcons fans here.

Do you not understand that refs' miscalls CAN change the outcome of a game?? There were clearly several penalties against the Ravens that were not called. So this Is a valid thread, and you know what, maybe if those flags are thrown against the Ravens we still lose. Then again, there might have been a totally different outcome. Point is, the refs did affect the game with their no-calls
But but but the refs called 2 penalties on the Ravens.... SMH
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Throw a slant? Are you serious? They especially covered the slant. Did you not see the man to man coverage accross the field? EVERYBODY was covered for the slane. that was the right playcall.

If you have a QB that doesn't throw well into the endzone and a WR who can't run a good fade route. You don't throw it. Throw the slant in man to man with the QB under pressure and let Crabtree make a play with his hands and not with his route running.
Originally posted by robniner:
As much as this is my first post, this reminds me of last season's NBA Finals where obviously the refs there virtually wanted LeBron James to finally win a ring.

Same rules apply here.


YEP!! Old faithful! They fall back on the "we let them play" excuse when it is not beneficial.
Originally posted by carioca49er:
Originally posted by sspiker:
Refs didn't cost us anything. Shut this ridiculous crap down. We don't want to act like Falcons fans here.

Do you not understand that refs' miscalls CAN change the outcome of a game?? There were clearly several penalties against the Ravens that were not called. So this Is a valid thread, and you know what, maybe if those flags are thrown against the Ravens we still lose. Then again, there might have been a totally different outcome. Point is, the refs did affect the game with their no-calls

Difference between us and the Falcons is we have a legitimate gripe.

Roddy White wasn't interfered with at all. He was within five yards and just had the ball knocked out. His own dumbness for thinking Bowman was just going to move of his way.

And don't even get me started on the SEVERAL PI no-calls on the Falcons receivers.....

Anyway, back on topic.
I feel like I'm just re-reading this thread when I'm watching Stephen A. Smith vs Skip Bayless. lol.
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Throw a slant? Are you serious? They especially covered the slant. Did you not see the man to man coverage accross the field? EVERYBODY was covered for the slane. that was the right playcall.

If you have a QB that doesn't throw well into the endzone and a WR who can't run a good fade route. You don't throw it. Throw the slant in man to man with the QB under pressure and let Crabtree make a play with his hands and not with his route running.


Just stop it already. You dont play into what the defender is expecting. Cut it out man. This is getting rediculous.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Just stop it already. You dont play into what the defender is expecting. Cut it out man. This is getting rediculous.

You'd rather throw a fade route to Crabtree? If it was a fade route to Moss go ahead and do it. But a fade route to Crabtree was just terrible.
It obviously didn't help that CBS's announcers were being biased against us that I turned off the game after Shannon Sharpe's halftime homerism and followed the second half here. I was so irate and infuriated that this is allowed on the national stage. It is bad enough CBS is full of bleep anyway.

And I thought Joe Buck was bad.
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Just stop it already. You dont play into what the defender is expecting. Cut it out man. This is getting rediculous.

You'd rather throw a fade route to Crabtree? If it was a fade route to Moss go ahead and do it. But a fade route to Crabtree was just terrible.


So Crabs cannot catch fade routes? AND it was not covered.