LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Adjust according to what? Smith inflicted more contact than Culliver, yet he did not get the PI and Culliver did. How is that?

There were only 7 flags all game. Play physical, Refs will call it every now and then but if they're letting you play be physical.

The question is "what were they not calling"? And this is subjective. The Niners are the more "physical" team yet they had more calls. So what is your next excuse? More reason why its all BS.
Originally posted by baltien:
The end zone is only but so big man. I don't know if I understand how running any route invites holding.

Doesn't matter if he ran seven yards, stopped then stood there looking stupid. A hold is a hold.

It should have been flagged.

All I know is if we were on the defensive end the consensus here would've been it was a good no call. I'm just trying to be unbias. I think the no call was just as right as if it would've been called.

But Crabtree should've seen the blitz and ran straight to the corner of the endzone for the fade. Cris Carter said it himself. He ran a terrible route and ran right into the defender. Kaepernick didn't have time to wait for Crabtree to get in position to throw, he had to get rid of it as quick as possible. Crabtree should've seen that.
Ok, so where is the line at this point? Thats why its BS. Its too subjective. Therefore the RULEBOOK is how they should call the game

The refs are human. They're going to let things go and call other things. That's how it is. It has always been that way.
The refs are human, and it showed last night. I don't care what anyone say, the 80's hate for this team showed itself this season.
The question is "what were they not calling"? And this is subjective. The Niners are the more "physical" team yet they had more calls. So what is your next excuse? More reason why its all BS.

lol. i'm not the one making excuses. You're trying to turn everything our way. The safety call, you tried to say we'd get more time if it was a penalty even though we wouldn't have. Then you just go to a bunch of other plays trying to make excuses.

The Niners didn't play more physical today. We got manhandled in the receiving game and our offense was lethargic early. We didn't play Niner football, Ravens played their game and beat us fair and square.
And another irrelevance to the rule. Where does the player route matter on a PI in the rule book?

It was just a terrible route by Crabtree in general. And it's not about him taking a terrible route, it's about him running right at the DB and pretty much asking to be held. Better route by Crabtree = might be ruled catchable = could be a flag.

Where does the rulebook state that a crisp route will translate to a better call? A hold is a hold is a hold is a hold. Boldin ran a mediocre route and got the call. What happened there? Hell ...Do OLB's "ask to be held by LT's and dont get the call too"? You are subscribing to some of the most silly reasoning.
Kaep4mvp=tinyhandsbigheart
f**k Ray Lewis
Dbl
[ Edited by nevadalove9ers2 on Feb 4, 2013 at 6:44 AM ]

lol. i'm not the one making excuses. You're trying to turn everything our way. The safety call, you tried to say we'd get more time if it was a penalty even though we wouldn't have. Then you just go to a bunch of other plays trying to make excuses.

The Niners didn't play more physical today. We got manhandled in the receiving game and our offense was lethargic early. We didn't play Niner football, Ravens played their game and beat us fair and square.

Why are you now going against the rulebook stating that the refs have the clearance to STOP A PLAY IMMEDIATEDLY. Which will stop the clock and the play starts fon 9 seconds rather than 4?
All I know is if we were on the defensive end the consensus here would've been it was a good no call. I'm just trying to be unbias. I think the no call was just as right as if it would've been called.

But Crabtree should've seen the blitz and ran straight to the corner of the endzone for the fade. Cris Carter said it himself. He ran a terrible route and ran right into the defender. Kaepernick didn't have time to wait for Crabtree to get in position to throw, he had to get rid of it as quick as possible. Crabtree should've seen that.

I don't think anyone's saying we couldn't have done better but there were 2 blatant calls the refs should've called. The hold on miler for the kr and the the pi on crabbers at the end. Especially when all scoring plays are reviewed they shouldn't have missed them.

Where does the rulebook state that a crisp route will translate to a better call? A hold is a hold is a hold is a hold. Boldin ran a mediocre route and got the call. What happened there? Hell ...Do OLB's "ask to be held by LT's and dont get the call too"? You are subscribing to some of the most silly reasoning.

It's not a rule. Never said it was. But if Crabtree didn't take a terrible route he could've went for the ball. Terrible route plain and simple. Cris Carter said the same exact thing. I think I'll believe the HOFer.

If it were the other way around I would have said that we got away with one. But it didn't so that's not what we're talking about.

The route Crabtree ran becomes irrelevant if he's being interfered with. That's why it's called "holding" and "pass interference."

Sure, he could have ran a better route. But There is no rule that I'm aware of which allows holding if the defender doesn't agree with the receivers route.

I don't see how that even applies to this conversation at all. He was held. It should have been flagged.

Plain and simple.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Ok, so where is the line at this point? Thats why its BS. Its too subjective. Therefore the RULEBOOK is how they should call the game

The refs are human. They're going to let things go and call other things. That's how it is. It has always been that way.
The refs are human, and it showed last night. I don't care what anyone say, the 80's hate for this team showed itself this season.

I am human too. But when I made mistakes that cannot be fixed on my job, I did not get "human error" passes.
Originally posted by smithc28:
I don't think anyone's saying we couldn't have done better but there were 2 blatant calls the refs should've called. The hold on miler for the kr and the the pi on crabbers at the end. Especially when all scoring plays are reviewed they shouldn't have missed them.

Miller was double teamed. You cannot call a hold or block in the back on a double team block unless he's held going to the ground which he wasn't.

And I felt the PI call was 50/50 for the ref. I don't think it was the wrong call either way. I'm more pissed about the horrible playcalling.
Originally posted by baltien:
If it were the other way around I would have said that we got away with one. But it didn't so that's not what we're talking about.

The route Crabtree ran becomes irrelevant if he's being interfered with. That's why it's called "holding" and "pass interference."

Sure, he could have ran a better route. But There is no rule that I'm aware of which allows holding if the defender doesn't agree with the receivers route.

I don't see how that even applies to this conversation at all. He was held. It should have been flagged.

Plain and simple.

Well then you'd be the rare part of the consensus in this forum.

50/50 call, went the other way. Nothing we could do. We got outplayed and lost. Sucks, but it happened.
Share 49ersWebzone