There are 311 users in the forums

Jets willing to trade revis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Do it. One year rental, win the super bowl then he can gtfo if he wants.

We'd be unstoppable with Revis island

Here's who we play next season

Home games: Atlanta Carolina Houston Indianapolis Green Bay Arizona St. Louis SeattleRoad games: New Orleans Tampa Bay Jacksonville (at London) Tennessee Washington Arizona St. Louis Seattle

Imagine being able to shut down Roddy white, then Steve Smith, then Andre Johnson, then Reggie Wayne, then Jordy Nelson, then Larry Fitzgerald, then who ever the hell we want to on the Rams and Seattle, then Marques Colston, Vincent Jackson, Pierre Garcon, etc. by just putting Revis on them.

WANT .

but probably won't get

Oh man I can't wait to see the threads about how this is all Baalke's fault.

**EDIT**

Also, the Yorks are too cheap. How could I forget?
[ Edited by baltien on Feb 6, 2013 at 4:03 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
$16m?! Revis can EAD.

He won't get that much.

You figure that if our front office decides to make a run at him, this would be the best time to do it. He's coming off major surgery, and is in a contract year. This means he can be had for a lower price. If I'm Baalke, I'd already be on the horn with the Jets GM discussing Alex and draft picks. We may have to throw in one of our CB's to sweeten the deal (Cully?). On the other line I have Revis' agent talking numbers.

I admit that idea sounded crazy to me at first but then I thought about it:

The Jets at this point are essentially rebuilding. We are Super Bowl contenders that only need a piece (or two -- another good WR wouldn't hurt) to get over that hump. Revis wants to play for winner that will pay him. We (will) have ample cap space. We have plenty of draft picks. The Jets trading with us benefits ALL of the parties involved.

So why not?
[ Edited by baltien on Feb 6, 2013 at 4:17 PM ]
Did we trade for him yet?
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Did we trade for him yet?

Nope, we are slacking
Seriously I say make the trade...give up a first...maybe another pick...a mid level player. This guy could change our entire defense which got exposed in the final two games on the year. Could he be our Deion of 1994?
Jets interested in someone to compete with Sanchez? Revis for Smith?
WON"T happen. We can't afford it.

Tough one to predict BUT - a trade from Jet to Vikings for Percy Harvin migh be a win-win for them.
Originally posted by xela510:
Nope, we are slacking

Trades can't happen until march 12.
Do it. One year rental, win the super bowl then he can gtfo if he wants.

We'd be unstoppable with Revis island

Here's who we play next season

Home games: Atlanta Carolina Houston Indianapolis Green Bay Arizona St. Louis SeattleRoad games: New Orleans Tampa Bay Jacksonville (at London) Tennessee Washington Arizona St. Louis Seattle

Imagine being able to shut down Roddy white, then Steve Smith, then Andre Johnson, then Reggie Wayne, then Jordy Nelson, then Larry Fitzgerald, then who ever the hell we want to on the Rams and Seattle, then Marques Colston, Vincent Jackson, Pierre Garcon, etc. by just putting Revis on them.

WANT .

but probably won't get

well if we get a better pass rush for next season then we don't have to have world class CBs
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Trading for Revis might cheer me back up since that Super Bowl loss.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
well if we get a better pass rush for next season then we don't have to have world class CBs

Yup, hopefully we either add more depth to our front 7 or.. .. ...we get Revis

Carlos Rogers makes more $ than Revis? Revis is scheduled to be paid $6 million this yr.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Trading for Revis might cheer me back up since that Super Bowl loss.

^^This could be like getting Deon in 94.

Both would be nice.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Wrathman:

Both would be nice.

Got to believe that we need both.
Share 49ersWebzone