LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 163 users in the forums

Jets willing to trade revis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Reading on NFLTR that the Jets are willing to make him the highest paid cornerback in the league. The article states they will pay him but not in that 16 million + a year which he is looking for.
[ Edited by robniner on Feb 5, 2013 at 1:09 AM ]
The Jets aren't going to deal Revis. The best CB in the NFL at age 27 isn't going anywhere. The Jets would spend the next 5 years looking for his replacement. We're on the right path. There is no need to freak out and change course. Trade 2 or 3 picks for a CB who wants a boat load of money. We have a plethora of draft picks to add talent and depth to this team. This how teams stay good for years is by drafting well and not picking up over priced players so that you can't keep your young players. This organization has come a long way in 2 seasons. Baalke and company are getting ready for the combine,watching player video and hopefully fielding calls about Alex Smith and a possible trade. Yes it stings to lose that way in the super bowl but I'm also excited about this offseason to see what Baalke and company can add to this roster.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Feb 5, 2013 at 4:12 AM ]
Originally posted by robniner:
Reading on NFLTR that the Jets are willing to make him the highest paid cornerback in the league. The article states they will pay him but not in that 16 million + a year which he is looking for.

lol no way do i want him at 16 a year when we can get sean smith at one third of that most likely
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
lol no way do i want him at 16 a year when we can get sean smith at one third of that most likely

who is sean smith?
Of course you're all gonna want Revis. Dude is arguably the best corner in the league. He does carry baggage, though. He's a constant holdout threat. And he's already expensive as it is. He's coming off a major injury. Our corners had a rough time towards the end of the season but that's also because out d-line and pass rushers tired out. We need more depth at the line!! More consistent pass rush benefits the secondary.
[ Edited by SF69ers on Feb 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:

who is sean smith?

Dolphins #1 corner, big, physical, he's solid and would be a great upgrade but we still need someone who can cover the smaller shiftier WRs. Rogers isn't that guy
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
let go Dashon, draft a safety in 1st (unless we got faith in trent robinson), trade for revis?

can it work?

No. You would have to trade that 1st for Revis. Sign Dashon. Draft CB in the 1st

or Trade for Revis.

Just upgrade the secondary!!!!!

maybe tag goldson. i like him. but i'm not ready to make a 100% commitment on him. rule changes might affect how he's allowed to play.

Are they adding new rules? He's adjusted fine so far

they're always adding new rules for safety. the league always talks about "preserving traditions" or whatever, but in reality they don't want to encourage big hits....
Revis = Championship
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
there are a few factors that will affect this decision
-is revis healthy enough?
-how many years are left on his contract?
-is he going to holdout like he was threatening to do at the beginning of the season?
-do we want to deal with a big headed player?

Overall I think revis would be a final piece addition to our defense. Getting rid of alex's contract wont be enough tho and I think we already have too much money tied up in the defense esp. if we resign goldson. I say nay!!! too much risk and too many big contracts. in the next two years we still need to resign Justin smith, aldon, kaepernick, iupati, and crabs....and they will all need big contracts.

Man I agree with you alot but just imagine the 2010-2011 Revis on the 9ers Roster?
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

who is sean smith?

Dolphins #1 corner, big, physical, he's solid and would be a great upgrade but we still need someone who can cover the smaller shiftier WRs. Rogers isn't that guy

Rogers did not fall off that much. He covered Welker better than I saw anyone cover him.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
$16m?! Revis can EAD.
It seems like our D-line is always 1/2 second short of getting hits on the QB. Revis could give us that.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I'd rather we try to sign Keenan Lewis from Pittsburgh...
I would give up a 1st for Revis Island ...why not ?? ...our team needs a shutdown corner, and I'm sure Trent could sign him to a deal that wont put us in any danger of messing up our cap

Revis would have his best shot at a superbowl with us , the Jets arent going anywhere, and he would improve our defense the second he steps on the field

Go Get Him !!!!
Do it. One year rental, win the super bowl then he can gtfo if he wants.

We'd be unstoppable with Revis island

Here's who we play next season

Home games: Atlanta Carolina Houston Indianapolis Green Bay Arizona St. Louis SeattleRoad games: New Orleans Tampa Bay Jacksonville (at London) Tennessee Washington Arizona St. Louis Seattle

Imagine being able to shut down Roddy white, then Steve Smith, then Andre Johnson, then Reggie Wayne, then Jordy Nelson, then Larry Fitzgerald, then who ever the hell we want to on the Rams and Seattle, then Marques Colston, Vincent Jackson, Pierre Garcon, etc. by just putting Revis on them.

WANT .

but probably won't get
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Feb 6, 2013 at 7:49 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone