LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

Jets willing to trade revis

Shop 49ers game tickets
18 page thread already on this topic anyone?
alex smith for revis straight up. they need a qb because sanchez sucks and we could use revis just cuz hes badass lol. if baalke can pull this off hes a legend
No to Revis. After the knee injury is not going to be as fast/quick and will want a lot of money.
Never done it before, always seemed rude, but IBTL
Amazing how people never pass up the chance to be smarmy or outright Ashwipes.

As for the OP, I'd take Revis if it didn't cost the 49ers much (to pay the Jets or Revis himself), but I don't see how that could happen and positively effect the team and its cap.
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
No to Revis. After the knee injury is not going to be as fast/quick and will want a lot of money.

Yeah what i said it! I knew that Jets is fool for us cuz Revis got an injured his Knee that plm now! We have a good team than Revis make moneys alot.. forget it about him!!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Yeah what i said it! I knew that Jets is fool for us cuz Revis got an injured his Knee that plm now! We have a good team than Revis make moneys alot.. forget it about him!!

Did you see what Adrian Peterson did this year?

What about Wes Welker's recovery from a blown out knee?

You can comeback from a torn knee and still be just as athletic. Revis is 27.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
alex smith for revis straight up. they need a qb because sanchez sucks and we could use revis just cuz hes badass lol. if baalke can pull this off hes a legend

So the Jets are gonna trade the best CB in the game (when healthy, of course) for a pretty good QB who is not the type to put a team on his back? Sounds legit.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

So the Jets are gonna trade the best CB in the game (when healthy, of course) for a pretty good QB who is not the type to put a team on his back? Sounds legit.

Positional importance. QB carries waaaaay more value than CB. With that being said I don't think a straight swap is realistic.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Wrong place, will be merged, and uhmmm, Go Niners!

I don't believe that we could (or should) fit Revis' long term salary demands in our cap. And a one year rental doesn't make sense for a team that is already in the SB (and favoured); nor do I think that Revis would like playing for a team without a new deal - a holdout is very possible. On the matter of his knee supposedly making him slow however, this is entirely silly. Beyond the obvious retorts (Peterson, Welker) let me remind you that we have a RB ourselves who blew BOTH knees in college. He hasn't done too badly in the last 8 years.
[ Edited by paulk205 on Jan 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Did you see what Adrian Peterson did this year?

What about Wes Welker's recovery from a blown out knee?

You can comeback from a torn knee and still be just as athletic. Revis is 27.

Yeah, i saw Adrian Peterson did this year.. I can't believed cuz he is really crazy that his knee was broken so badly then come back this year! I am so shock and impossible! Peterson is very hard work and his body is very successful for build. I mean lucky him when god blessed him!

I don't care about Welker cuz he is not successful that he didn't make a championship. He was failed to catch the ball. I already saw it in NFCC. Ravens beat the New England this year!

Yep, Revis is only 27 years old but will turn 28 years old this summer. U don't know if Revis have a good strong his body but depend not! It is different the positve players who was strong his body builder that Adrian Peterson did successful this year.. U know what i mean.. Peterson was worst his broke knee more than Revis.. I mean Revis got an injured knee and not broke yet.. it is different compared the knee injured and broke knee.. Hope u understand it..
After reconstructive surgery your ACL is back as it was before. The recovery is slow and painfull ( been there done that), and the Psychologucal part is the hardest. To trust your knee again. That said after a few stresses with no pain that part is covered.

Rice returned to his old sefl, and you catch balls with your hands and not with your knees so that an ACL injury had nothing to do with Welker's drops.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
After the Super Bowl, I'm even more convinced that we need to go out and get a top corner back.
Who's better than Rodgers that we can get?
Share 49ersWebzone