There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jets willing to trade revis

Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Shanghai69er:
Sheeeeet, the Jets can take Alex, P. Willy, C. Rogers, and our 2nd-rounder for all I care.

Alex is obviously redundant now.

P. Willy gets into the Pro Bowl on name alone now, but has been surpassed by Bowman in terms of production. We don't need (and eventually won't be able to afford) 4 Pro Bowlers at ALL 4 LB positions and we can easily find someone in the 3rd - 5th round of the draft to fill in beside Bowman.

Replace Rogers with Revis, and Revis-Cully immediately becomes one of the NFL's top CB tandems.

Our most obvious needs now are preparing for J. Smith's decline and defending the pass.

Oh, btw, both of our safeties are waaay over-rated and are made to look waaay better than they actually are because our OTHER-WORLDLY front-7. I have no problem losing either or / both of Goldson and Whitner. They get caught looking like asses in pass protection waaay too much.

Ill have some of what hes having please.
Yeah get rid of the best LB in the game... Sounds very smart...
BUT FEAR NOT!!!!!!! "we can easily find someone in the 3rd - 5th round of the draft to fill in beside Bowman"

Originally posted by Ballistic:
BUT FEAR NOT!!!!!!! "we can easily find someone in the 3rd - 5th round of the draft to fill in beside Bowman"






Some people are truly out of their minds.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
That is the best WR combo in the league, and Ryan was deadly accurate in that game, Coverage as actually spectacular on alot of those plays he completed.. The pass rush was also non existant. I dont see even reavis making much of a differance in that first half of football.

Ryan (and Rodgers) were getting rid of the ball very quickly - before our pass rush could have a chance. It goes both ways.

Yes, and Atlanta will be in the playoffs over the next few years and it's likely we will run into them a few times. Revis can take the top WR out of the equation by himself and that makes it very easy to double the other guy.

It's not just Atlanta. GB has plethora of good WRs as well. These are the teams we will face in the playoffs and we could use a pure cover CB on the team. Revis can give the pass-rush more time to get to the QB.

We need to extend...
Goldson,
Cowboy if he is still playing at a high level and wants to continue playing after next season,
address the draft class and FA's
in 2014 we will have to extend a ton on FA's Crabtree Iupati, just to name two.
We also have to worry about getting Kaep locked up with a fair contract probably after next season. We have him under contract through the 2014 season, but he is working for peanuts and wont be cheap to extend.

Reavis is simply not worth the risk of possibly effecting what we have built for the long term. we need to continue taking care of our own products and continue to build through the draft.

...and the cap is supposed to sky-rocket in 2014.

It's all about how you structure deals. Revis is now entering his prime - risk is minimal. We can take care of our own and supplement from FA/trade as well. If you have a chance to land a super-star in his prime...you've to do your best to make it happen. That's how Yorks can turn this team into a true dynasty.
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Originally posted by Shanghai69er:
Sheeeeet, the Jets can take Alex, P. Willy, C. Rogers, and our 2nd-rounder for all I care.

Alex is obviously redundant now.

P. Willy gets into the Pro Bowl on name alone now, but has been surpassed by Bowman in terms of production. We don't need (and eventually won't be able to afford) 4 Pro Bowlers at ALL 4 LB positions and we can easily find someone in the 3rd - 5th round of the draft to fill in beside Bowman.

Replace Rogers with Revis, and Revis-Cully immediately becomes one of the NFL's top CB tandems.

Our most obvious needs now are preparing for J. Smith's decline and defending the pass.

Oh, btw, both of our safeties are waaay over-rated and are made to look waaay better than they actually are because our OTHER-WORLDLY front-7. I have no problem losing either or / both of Goldson and Whitner. They get caught looking like asses in pass protection waaay too much.
THIS GUY OVER HERE

Shanghai69e is fake 49ers fans! I knew many fake 49ers fans came here and make of fun for us.. I knew it.. u want lost our team?
That's the last time I quote him. Obvious troll

Yeah bro! .. they are damn jealous our good team.. they trying destory our team and lost it? hahaha...
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
That is the best WR combo in the league, and Ryan was deadly accurate in that game, Coverage as actually spectacular on alot of those plays he completed.. The pass rush was also non existant. I dont see even reavis making much of a differance in that first half of football.

Ryan (and Rodgers) were getting rid of the ball very quickly - before our pass rush could have a chance. It goes both ways.

Yes, and Atlanta will be in the playoffs over the next few years and it's likely we will run into them a few times. Revis can take the top WR out of the equation by himself and that makes it very easy to double the other guy.

It's not just Atlanta. GB has plethora of good WRs as well. These are the teams we will face in the playoffs and we could use a pure cover CB on the team. Revis can give the pass-rush more time to get to the QB.

We need to extend...
Goldson,
Cowboy if he is still playing at a high level and wants to continue playing after next season,
address the draft class and FA's
in 2014 we will have to extend a ton on FA's Crabtree Iupati, just to name two.
We also have to worry about getting Kaep locked up with a fair contract probably after next season. We have him under contract through the 2014 season, but he is working for peanuts and wont be cheap to extend.

Reavis is simply not worth the risk of possibly effecting what we have built for the long term. we need to continue taking care of our own products and continue to build through the draft.

...and the cap is supposed to sky-rocket in 2014.

It's all about how you structure deals. Revis is now entering his prime - risk is minimal. We can take care of our own and supplement from FA/trade as well. If you have a chance to land a super-star in his prime...you've to do your best to make it happen. That's how Yorks can turn this team into a true dynasty.

Everyone talks about how it is going to "sky rocket" without any concrete details. Also everyone ignores that player contracts will also increase. Fact is this team has been managed extremly well since the last cap blunder we had and i want to keep it that way, and the approach the team has taken recently is the way to do that.
Alex and a 2nd for Revis with even Carlos thrown in. If they want Brown or Cully then no. I'd do it just to keep him from Seac**ks. F*** them!
Maybe the're showing interest like they did with Peyton Manning. It just seems like their track record has been to sign everyone on your team that you want to keep for a reasonable price and draft for the future.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
...and the cap is supposed to sky-rocket in 2014.

It's all about how you structure deals. Revis is now entering his prime - risk is minimal. We can take care of our own and supplement from FA/trade as well. If you have a chance to land a super-star in his prime...you've to do your best to make it happen. That's how Yorks can turn this team into a true dynasty.
Or not.

There's absolutely zero reliable indication that the cap will "sky-rocket" in 2014, most are expecting it to increase a modest amount if at all, the NFL itself is claiming that the cap will remain basically flat through 2015. Most GM's are acting as if the cap will be exactly the same two years from now as it is today, not sure where this crazy rumor or assumption that the cap will somehow just "jump up" but it's patently false.



http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/06/18/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-cap.aspx


The NFL is projecting that the salary cap will stay relatively flat through 2015, a period that represents the first half of the 10-year collective-bargaining agreement signed last August and runs beyond the start of the league's new media deals in 2014, according to multiple team and league sources. Player benefits, however, are projected to rise substantially during the period. The projections were shared with teams in recent months and again last week at a meeting of team finance directors at league headquarters in New York. The numbers run counter to any suggestion that the league's new TV deals would drive up league revenue and lead, in turn, to immediate sharp increases in salaries for players under the cap.


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7744901/nfl-soaring-revenues-coincide-salary-cap-growth


Starting with the 2014 season, revenues are expected to rise significantly because of increased television dollars and the overall strength of the game. What won't rise much is the salary cap.

After having flat caps of $120.375 million in 2011 and $120.6 million in 2012, the NFL management council told clubs Tuesday that the cap won't increase much in the next three years. In fact, the 2015 cap may go up to only $122 million, according to management council projections.

Although the cap numbers for 2013, 2014 and 2015 still can be negotiated, projections point to very little increase. The cap may rise by only $300,000 in 2013, going to around $120.9 million. Even though increased network television money is coming in 2014, the cap is projected to go only into the $121-plus million range.

If that sounds amazing, consider this: The salary cap in 2009 was $123 million, higher than what is projected to be in 2015.

Where did all the salary-cap money go?

The answer resides in what has happened during the first two seasons of the new collective bargaining agreement. When the management council and the NFL Players Association ran the numbers from the percentage of money going to the players, the salary cap in 2011 was supposed to be less than $120 million. It could have been as low as around $116 million.

To put more salary money into free agency last season, the union was able to shift some of the benefit money into salary money. The result was a $120.375 million cap in 2011.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM ]
This is Peyton Manning, all over again. If you understand the make-up of our team, you say no to this deal. Carlos Rogers may not have looked as good this year, but he was still solid and would look even better with a stronger pass rush in front of him. I'd rather draft Tyrann Mathieu. I'd rather look for help at corner year in and out in the draft before we pour so much into Revis. This is not Deion Sanders 1994. Sanders was a free agent that CHOSE to sign with us for a bargain so that he could win a championship. It would be great to have a corner that could more or less completely take a receiver out of the game, but it's not worth upsetting team chemistry and sends a bad message to our current players. One way that we can keep salaries in check is by not paying any one guy a lot (similar to the Patriots), which helps keep our salary cap in order.

Even though it's been said, it can't be stressed enough, we need to extend Goldson. We have deals with Justn Smith, Donte Whitner, and Mario Manningham that need to be extended. Iupati, Davis, and Crabtree are coming up soon. Then we have Aldon Smith, Culliver, Colin Kaepernick, etc. We have a lot of creative cap management that we are going to need to do just to keep our core group of guys together.

P.S. I have enjoyed some great laughs reading these messages. Release/trade Patrick Willis? Let Goldson walk? Give up draft picks for a guy that we may not even be able to resign past this season? Great stuff. I don't want any of what they are having.
Not only would we be favorites to go to the superbowl again next year if we pick up Revis but we need to pick him up so the Seahawks wont. If the Seahawks pick up Revis, it's pretty safe to say we will be taking 2nd place in the NFC West next season.
Originally posted by xela510:
Not only would we be favorites to go to the superbowl again next year if we pick up Revis but we need to pick him up so the Seahawks wont. If the Seahawks pick up Revis, it's pretty safe to say we will be taking 2nd place in the NFC West next season.

So you're saying the NFC West title hinges on one player coming off an ACL injury?

Gimme a break.

Based on link - he's looking for a 100M contract like Mario.

NO WAYYYYYYYYYYY!

Wew can get 3 top players for all that jack.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/revis_wants_to_run_dash_N7JtAAmUowI7BwNng58MAP
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,944
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Based on link - he's looking for a 100M contract like Mario.

NO WAYYYYYYYYYYY!

Wew can get 3 top players for all that jack.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/revis_wants_to_run_dash_N7JtAAmUowI7BwNng58MAP

No one is going to give him 100 million.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
So you're saying the NFC West title hinges on one player coming off an ACL injury?

Gimme a break.


Yes, Revis and Sherman on the same team would be lockdown. We are already are going to have to fight tough to come in first again. Not sure if y'all noticed but the Seahawks are about right there with us now. Who ever gets Revis would push the edge in their favor. It's pretty obvious.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,944
Originally posted by xela510:
Yes, Revis and Sherman on the same team would be lockdown. We are already are going to have to fight tough to come in first again. Not sure if y'all noticed but the Seahawks are about right there with us now. Who ever gets Revis would push the edge in their favor. It's pretty obvious.

Wasn't Nnamdi Asomugha supposed to do the same thing for the Eagles? How did that work out??
...