There are 211 users in the forums

Jets willing to trade revis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Is he worth a trade? The dude could tun out to be a mere rental.

And you can't franchise him at the end of the season, so he's going to hit the open market and no you have to getting into a bidding war with other teams, certainly not ideal at all.

There's no way we trade for him Without negotiating a long-term contract first.

It will be tough to give him a long-term contract because he is coming off an ACL injury. Though...there are ways to still do the deal where Niners can protect themselves.
i call b******t...no way we trade for him
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
That is the best WR combo in the league, and Ryan was deadly accurate in that game, Coverage as actually spectacular on alot of those plays he completed.. The pass rush was also non existant. I dont see even reavis making much of a differance in that first half of football.

Ryan (and Rodgers) were getting rid of the ball very quickly - before our pass rush could have a chance. It goes both ways.

Yes, and Atlanta will be in the playoffs over the next few years and it's likely we will run into them a few times. Revis can take the top WR out of the equation by himself and that makes it very easy to double the other guy.

It's not just Atlanta. GB has plethora of good WRs as well. These are the teams we will face in the playoffs and we could use a pure cover CB on the team. Revis can give the pass-rush more time to get to the QB.

We need to extend...
Goldson,
Cowboy if he is still playing at a high level and wants to continue playing after next season,
address the draft class and FA's
in 2014 we will have to extend a ton on FA's Crabtree Iupati, just to name two.
We also have to worry about getting Kaep locked up with a fair contract probably after next season. We have him under contract through the 2014 season, but he is working for peanuts and wont be cheap to extend.

Reavis is simply not worth the risk of possibly effecting what we have built for the long term. we need to continue taking care of our own products and continue to build through the draft.
Sheeeeet, the Jets can take Alex, P. Willy, C. Rogers, and our 2nd-rounder for all I care.

Alex is obviously redundant now.

P. Willy gets into the Pro Bowl on name alone now, but has been surpassed by Bowman in terms of production. We don't need (and eventually won't be able to afford) 4 Pro Bowlers at ALL 4 LB positions and we can easily find someone in the 3rd - 5th round of the draft to fill in beside Bowman.

Replace Rogers with Revis, and Revis-Cully immediately becomes one of the NFL's top CB tandems.

Our most obvious needs now are preparing for J. Smith's decline and defending the pass.

Oh, btw, both of our safeties are waaay over-rated and are made to look waaay better than they actually are because our OTHER-WORLDLY front-7. I have no problem losing either or / both of Goldson and Whitner. They get caught looking like asses in pass protection waaay too much.
Not sure if this happens but the Niner defense would be straight sick with Revis. One side would be shut down from a coverage standpoint, the SS could commit to run stuffing and TE coverage, the rush linebacker (Aldon Smith) would be freed up. Unfair...
Originally posted by Shanghai69er:
Sheeeeet, the Jets can take Alex, P. Willy, C. Rogers, and our 2nd-rounder for all I care.

P. Willy gets into the Pro Bowl on name alone now, but has been surpassed by Bowman in terms of production. We don't need (and eventually won't be able to afford) 4 Pro Bowlers at ALL 4 LB positions and we can easily find someone in the 3rd - 5th round of the draft to fill in beside Bowman.

Replace Rogers with Revis, and Revis-Cully immediately becomes one of the NFL's top CB tandems.

Our most obvious needs now are preparing for J. Smith's decline and defending the pass.

Oh, btw, both of our safeties are waaay over-rated and are made to look waaay better than they actually are because our OTHER-WORLDLY front-7. I have no problem losing either or / both of Goldson and Whitner. They get caught looking like asses in pass protection waaay too much.

Ill have some of what hes having please.

THIS GUY OVER HERE

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Where in the world are we getting all the salary cap room for this?

Sign Dashon Goldson.
Sign Revis and his huge salary.
Sing entire draft class.
Other lower level FA's.

Tell me how we do that with our cap?

Yep.. first to sign is Dashon Goldson
2nd sign is Revis if he wanted more moneys like 10 millions then forget it about him because he got plm his knee! If he accepted for 5 millions for one year.. then perfect for us!
Originally posted by Ballistic:

THIS GUY OVER HERE

Shanghai69e is fake 49ers fans! I knew many fake 49ers fans came here and make of fun for us.. I knew it.. u want lost our team?

Yeah get rid of the best LB in the game... Sounds very smart...

Originally posted by BuZzB28:

THIS GUY OVER HERE

Shanghai69e is fake 49ers fans! I knew many fake 49ers fans came here and make of fun for us.. I knew it.. u want lost our team?
That's the last time I quote him. Obvious troll
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
Jets need a QB, give them ALex and picks.
Originally posted by solidg2000:

Yeah get rid of the best LB in the game... Sounds very smart...
BUT FEAR NOT!!!!!!! "we can easily find someone in the 3rd - 5th round of the draft to fill in beside Bowman"

BUT FEAR NOT!!!!!!! "we can easily find someone in the 3rd - 5th round of the draft to fill in beside Bowman"

Some people are truly out of their minds.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
That is the best WR combo in the league, and Ryan was deadly accurate in that game, Coverage as actually spectacular on alot of those plays he completed.. The pass rush was also non existant. I dont see even reavis making much of a differance in that first half of football.

Ryan (and Rodgers) were getting rid of the ball very quickly - before our pass rush could have a chance. It goes both ways.

Yes, and Atlanta will be in the playoffs over the next few years and it's likely we will run into them a few times. Revis can take the top WR out of the equation by himself and that makes it very easy to double the other guy.

It's not just Atlanta. GB has plethora of good WRs as well. These are the teams we will face in the playoffs and we could use a pure cover CB on the team. Revis can give the pass-rush more time to get to the QB.

We need to extend...
Goldson,
Cowboy if he is still playing at a high level and wants to continue playing after next season,
address the draft class and FA's
in 2014 we will have to extend a ton on FA's Crabtree Iupati, just to name two.
We also have to worry about getting Kaep locked up with a fair contract probably after next season. We have him under contract through the 2014 season, but he is working for peanuts and wont be cheap to extend.

Reavis is simply not worth the risk of possibly effecting what we have built for the long term. we need to continue taking care of our own products and continue to build through the draft.

...and the cap is supposed to sky-rocket in 2014.

It's all about how you structure deals. Revis is now entering his prime - risk is minimal. We can take care of our own and supplement from FA/trade as well. If you have a chance to land a super-star in his prime...you've to do your best to make it happen. That's how Yorks can turn this team into a true dynasty.
Share 49ersWebzone