There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Update: Chip Kelly is Eagles new coach

  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,667
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS

Chip Kelly: "Our QB is not gonna run it 25 times... Our scheme is gonna be personnel driven."
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,667
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Chip Kelly on Vick, if there is a place for him: "Yeah. … I've followed Michael's career, I know what a talent he is." But leaves it open.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS

Chip Kelly: "Our QB is not gonna run it 25 times... Our scheme is gonna be personnel driven."

That's the right way to approach coaching, work with what you got that fits the players on the team, gameplan around their strengths.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,667
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Eagles made Kelly one of 10 highest paid NFL coaches, giving him a 5-yr deal worth right around $32.5 million, an average of $6.5m per year.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
He will fail in the NFL.

Yeah.

I wonder how much he will overpay for LMJ? Don't get me wrong..I like him, but if we can parlay him into a couple of high draft picks, I say let's do it.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,667
Wow hearing Trent Dilfer, Mort and Kiper talk on NFL Live you would think Chip Kelly is the single greatest coach in the history of the world and the most exciting thing to ever happen in the NFL.
He's the second coming of Spurrier, and will meet a similar level of success.

Moral: College gimmick offenses don't work in the NFL.
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 68
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Eagles made Kelly one of 10 highest paid NFL coaches, giving him a 5-yr deal worth right around $32.5 million, an average of $6.5m per year.

It always amazes me how little we got Harbaugh for
[ Edited by Bodhi on Apr 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM ]
Originally posted by kray28:
He's the second coming of Spurrier, and will meet a similar level of success.

Moral: College gimmick offenses don't work in the NFL.

Ummmm....??

Pistol?
Originally posted by Jcool:
Wow hearing Trent Dilfer, Mort and Kiper talk on NFL Live you would think Chip Kelly is the single greatest coach in the history of the world and the most exciting thing to ever happen in the NFL.


Trent Difer is a blow hard of epic proportions and, in retrospect, is rarely right. He is one of the most annoyingly ingratiating commentators out there. Now I've started fast forwarding whenever he comes on. I know he has very little worthwhile to say.
I'm excited to see what Chip will bring to the NFL!!!!


However, the Eagles will still suck. They had their flash in the pan success with Reid, but now they're going back to their sub mediocre ways.
Originally posted by Bodhi:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Eagles made Kelly one of 10 highest paid NFL coaches, giving him a 5-yr deal worth right around $32.5 million, an average of $6.5m per year.

It always amazes me how little we got Harbaugh for

Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by Bodhi:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Eagles made Kelly one of 10 highest paid NFL coaches, giving him a 5-yr deal worth right around $32.5 million, an average of $6.5m per year.

It always amazes me how little we got Harbaugh for


it's true....

Harbaugh 5 years - $25 million
Carroll 5 years - $33 million
Fisher - 5 years - $35 million
"There may be plenty of reasons the Eagles won't draft Geno Smith with the No. 4 overall pick. But Chip Kelly's belief that his offense can thrive without a franchise quarterback suggests that a team with many needs will pass on the West Virginia prospect." - Jeff McLane, Philadelphia Inquirer

This is why he will be a failure. If his coaching philosophy really includes not needing a franchise QB, dude is in for a rude awakening.
Originally posted by NowImLost:
"There may be plenty of reasons the Eagles won't draft Geno Smith with the No. 4 overall pick. But Chip Kelly's belief that his offense can thrive without a franchise quarterbacking suggests that a team with many needs will pass on the West Virginia prospect." - Jeff McLane, Philadelphia Inquirer

This is why he will be a failure. If his coaching philosophy really includes not needing a franchise QB, dude is in for a rude awakening.

Sounds like Singletary