There are 842 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bills targeting QB Alex Smith?

Dis is my 1st. choice, albeit I did say that I agree with trade scenario listed previously. If Smith will restructure and stay-KOOL !!!!, Im all for it, but if he wants to go, then trade him..
Future headline if this happens.

Large number of 49er fans have now become Bills fans.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by taney71:
The way Kaep plays he's likely to get hurt at some point so the backup QB is key for the niners success once Smith leaves. We are focused on where Smith will go but the bigger issue is who will be the backup to Kaep.

How does he play? I mean, he's not spinning his back into defenders running full speed at him. Kaep is also built big and strong which means DB's are usually taking the hit more than Kaep is. LB's now is another story.

s**t...knock on wood.
I kind of agree with Taney on this one Joe. The backup is going to be an important role. I like what I seen from Tolzien but I think we may see Josh Johnson resigned as Kaeps backup if he is available (johnson signed with browns on 12/26, dont know the length of the contract).Tolzien and Johnson would probably compete in camp for the job if Johnson is signed.
I think Kaeps running is going to expose him to more hits and the potential for injury. He is big and strong and a long strider when he runs but rarely does a running QB go throughout the year without an injury.

I thought about Josh Johnson coming back, which is probably a given if Smith leaves. Too bad Buffalo QB isnt a bargain priced vet, he'd be a good backup (if we traded Smith) to throw in da deal..
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Alex smith for CJ Spiller straight up! Gore is running out of time.

how about Alex Smith and Carlos Rogers for CB Stephone Gilmore
At least there's a market for Smith. Seems like he's the hot topic for new coaches that need to win fast. I would rather trade him to an AFC team like Bills, Chiefs, or Jags rather than an NFC team like Minn.
Originally posted by susweel:

Lol This.

Someone actually said they would buy a Chiefs Alex Smith jersey if he went there. lmao.
With Reid now official in KC...Alex could be in play there as well. Doesn't Reid run a WCO?

since they have the 2nd smallest fanbase in the NFL, it would prob help alot
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
With Reid now official in KC...Alex could be in play there as well. Doesn't Reid run a WCO?

I was thinking the same thing Lambda, I see KC more than any other team.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
how about Alex Smith and Carlos Rogers for CB Stephone Gilmore

would the bills even do this?

I thought about this too... however do recall Reid being an explosive playcaller, so I'm not sure how he'd feel about Alex being his guy.
Lol Kinda funny Alex went to the bills in my madden franchise after I decided not to resign him haha
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Lol This.

Someone actually said they would buy a Chiefs Alex Smith jersey if he went there. lmao.

lol
Originally posted by verb1der:

I thought about this too... however do recall Reid being an explosive playcaller, so I'm not sure how he'd feel about Alex being his guy.

True but (hate to use this phrase)...as a stop gap...Alex would be good. I doubt Geno Smith or Barkely are going to come in and light it up any more than Alex.
Originally posted by verb1der:

True but (hate to use this phrase)...as a stop gap...Alex would be good. I doubt Geno Smith or Barkely are going to come in and light it up any more than Alex.

sounds about right!