Not a member? Register Now!

Bills targeting QB Alex Smith?

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Hoe about Alex Smith for Marcell Dareus?

That's a #1 for a #3... We should get something else in that deal, like their 2nd rounder.

Hmm... good point....

Ok, I'll take the second rounder and package it with our first and trade for Von Miller.

SUPER FRIENDS UNITE!

#winning

Not excited about giving up our first... Let's see... Okay, Rogers was a 7th overall, and Miller was 2nd, right?

We send Alex to Buffalo for Dareus and theirr 2nd rounder
We roll that 2nd together with Rogers and our 3rd to get Von Miller out of Denver

GENIUS!!!

We shoulda held onto Carr, so we would have another #1 to trade...

OMG GENIUS!
lol why can't we ripe them off like the broncos did to the bears... I want 3 first and a second... Really trent is going to take the best trade offer he can and with all the buzz about alex lately this is only going to be a great thing for us when it comes time to trade him.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I've said from the start that, location aside, Buffalo would be one of Alex's better options. Great RBs, decent WRs, but most importantly, their OL is one of the NFL's best (it only regressed somewhat this year due to injuries).
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Here's a scenario...

Bills hire Norv Turner, sign Alex, and trade CJ Spiller to 49ers for Vernon Davis?

Why trade Vernon? Trade AS for picks or Stevie Johnson. LMJ is better than Spiller.

LOLWAT

lol LMJ is not better than Spiller. and who cares guys RB is not a need on this team
We have better RB's on this team than Spiller and LMJ is one of them. Trade AS for a really good receiver or picks. Trading for a RB we don't need is dumb.
Originally posted by vaden:
I've said from the start that, location aside, Buffalo would be one of Alex's better options. Great RBs, decent WRs, but most importantly, their OL is one of the NFL's best (it only regressed somewhat this year due to injuries).

Makes you wonder what is Ryan Fitzpatrick's problem. And I remember actually wanting that guy a few years back.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by vaden:

Makes you wonder what is Ryan Fitzpatrick's problem. And I remember actually wanting that guy a few years back.

I think if they can also make a few adjustments, the Bills have some nice pieces on defense.
Bills suck, and of course they want him he put up the only 300/300 game in the world on them
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
lol why can't we ripe them off like the broncos did to the bears... I want 3 first and a second... Really trent is going to take the best trade offer he can and with all the buzz about alex lately this is only going to be a great thing for us when it comes time to trade him.

Is this a combination of "rape them" and "rip them off"? If so, I approve wholeheartedly of this new term. I think I'm getting riped off by my internet provider. In the butt
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Here's a scenario...

Bills hire Norv Turner, sign Alex, and trade CJ Spiller to 49ers for Vernon Davis?

Why trade Vernon? Trade AS for picks or Stevie Johnson. LMJ is better than Spiller.

LOLWAT

lol LMJ is not better than Spiller. and who cares guys RB is not a need on this team
We have better RB's on this team than Spiller and LMJ is one of them. Trade AS for a really good receiver or picks. Trading for a RB we don't need is dumb.

LOLWUT
Originally posted by TJA85:
Here's a scenario...

LOLWAT

LOLWUT

I wanted badly to draft Spiller when he came out, but I think he is a luxury. His big play ability is insane, but I think we can get more out of a player like Hunter (like a Ray Rice role in the future), and Gore is still the engine that makes the offense go (when it actually goes). LMJ is more like a poor-man's Spiller to me. I think they have comparable quickness and elusiveness, but Spiller has better top end speed and overall strength.
i would think alex would like to go to a s**t division, like afc west
Originally posted by ads_2006:

And play against Robo-PeyPey until his head falls off?
Originally posted by ads_2006:

And play against Robo-PeyPey until his head falls off?

One season more probably, kc sucks, Oakland sucks, SD overrated and has no talent

SD = Jets West
Originally posted by mustangmele:
I doubt Alex is going anywhere until Kaepernick can prove himself in the playoffs. If he chokes big time -- they may just let the two them battle it out again in training camp despite whether or not people on the webzone like it. Now if CK does fairly well, then I could see all of this happening.

Will this ever end?

Kaepernick is the permanent starter. He does exactly what Alex did - protect the ball. He actually turns it over even less frequently. All while being able to do more if needed.

That said, he will start regardless of his playoff performance. Anyone who actually believes they would bench him for poor performance in his first ever playoff games is fooling themselves. He will get better with more experience. Knowing he's the future and he's already playing, what would be the point of going back to Alex and depriving Kaepernick of more experience and progression? It literally would set the franchise back given the fact Kaepernick is Harbaugh's long-term answer at QB.

Alex will be making close to $10 million on a team that is short on cap space. There is no way they keep him around to backup Kaepernick at that price and it's in Alex's best interest to get what he can while he can get it.

I said all that to basically say Alex will be gone next year regardless of what some will be hoping for. I think KC is his best bet, but I can definitely see the Bills trying a trade. I doubt he goes to Buffalo by choice.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Jan 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I can see Buffalo and KC biting on Alex. 3rd rd pick would be perfect, have 4 3rds, turn one into a 2nd and another into a 2014 2nd.

We aren't keeping alex at $9.75 Million, not happening, like EezyNiner said we have little cap room, we need to sign draftees, and plus have FAs of our own like Goldson, Sopoaga, Moss, RJF, Delanie, Grant, and Gooden to decide on.

but if teams KNOWS that we're getting rid of alex, why would teams dangle anything worth of value to acquire his services?

If you're the Bills and you want Alex, do you really want to risk losing him to another team in free agency? What would make Alex choose them over a team like KC with Andy Reid coaching? The only way I can see them luring Alex is by throwing a ton of money his way. If they trade for him, they get his affordable (for a starter, not a backup) salary and don't have to compete with other teams for his services.