LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Bills targeting QB Alex Smith?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by PTulini:
Supply vs Demand
Think the same...Don't forget that teams tend to overdraft QBs, so why shouldn't they send over 3rd or even a 2nd-round-pick for a proven QB???
This year's draft is thin on top QBs, which operates to our advantage.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Unless the player is elite status in the NFL, Randy Moss 10 years ago, Carson Palmer 2 years ago, you won't see no 2nd or 3rd round picks being thrown around. Again, wishful thinking. Trust me, I'd love to be proven wrong.....I would love it!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Unless the player is elite status in the NFL, Randy Moss 10 years ago, Carson Palmer 2 years ago, you won't see no 2nd or 3rd round picks being thrown around. Again, wishful thinking. Trust me, I'd love to be proven wrong.....I would love it!!!

Carson Plamer was never elite, and that was certainly true two years ago.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Oh come on, Palmer was an elite QB in 2006 and 2007, went to the Pro Bowl twice. His name upheld and that's what the Raiders paid for.

Oh come on, Palmer was an elite QB in 2006 and 2007, went to the Pro Bowl twice. His name upheld and that's what the Raiders paid for.

No, two words: AL DAVIS. Come to think of it, that might have been after Al? But still, that was the old regime.
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 5, 2013 at 6:21 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

No, two words: AL DAVIS. Come to think of it, that might have been after AL? But still, that was the old regime.

Why do you people continue to deny and make excuses, fact is Palmer was a Pro Bowl QB, who was a household name that was traded for high picks.

No, two words: AL DAVIS. Come to think of it, that might have been after AL? But still, that was the old regime.

Why do you people continue to deny and make excuses, fact is Palmer was a Pro Bowl QB, who was a household name that was traded for high picks.

You mentioned two years ago, then 2006-2007. There's a big difference there.

Carson Palmer was elite? WOW
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

You mentioned two years ago, then 2006-2007. There's a big difference there.

Well he was the number 6 ranked passer in 2010, needed 3 more yards to make 4,000 if it makes you feel better which it probably doesn't because people in here find it hard to agree with one another. I'd love to bet any of you that Smith doesn't get traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick...any takers?? $100 itunes gift card says he doesn't, again any takers??
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

So who would you consider elite back in 2010??

Elite? Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees,, Big Ben, Eli (close) Palmer wouldnt compare in his wildest dreams to these guys,
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Elite? Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees,, Big Ben, Eli (close) Palmer wouldnt compare in his wildest dreams to these guys,

LOL Big Ben was the number 18th ranked passer back in 2010. If you consider that then Palmer was elite back then.

LOL Big Ben was the number 18th ranked passer back in 2010. If you consider that then Palmer was elite back then.

2 SB wins. Great player. I think greatness is not just measured on stats. SO, you think Palmer was better than Ben then? LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Most we would get outta him I believe is a 6th or 7th round pick, or maybe even a 2014 5th round pick. But no way would we get a 3rd for him, wishful thinking.

I think we could get a 3rd. It isn't likely, but it is possible.

Anyone thinking the Bills are gonna trade their first with ours because we're giving them Alex as well is wishful thinking.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

2 SB wins. Great player. I think greatness is not just measured on stats. SO, you think Palmer was better than Ben then? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

As a passer no doubt, but believe what you will. So are you one of the ones that wants to take my bet.
Share 49ersWebzone