LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Luck or Kaepernick?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Luck or Kaepernick?

Originally posted by Jcool:

18 INT's 10 fumbles (5 lost) 54% completion percentage

Playing in Arian's retarded offense where he's always chucking the ball like 30 yards downfield, with a crappy OL and no running game to speak of........
Originally posted by Garcia:
I think I would have taken RGIII over Luck. Especially in hindsight.

Look how RGIII has missed games due to injury twice this year because he's running around carelessly. He's the next Vick if he doesn't learn how to protect himself.
Originally posted by Jcool:
defense gives up 19.1 ppg in there wins.Houston who everyone says has a great D gives up 20.1 ppg on the season.

Almost last ranked rushing defense and one of the worst passing defenses, please stop now.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Luck has been in the National Spotlight for 3 or 4 years. Kap's exposure was limited to his game against an undefeated Boise State. How many fans can name Kap's coach at Las Vegas? His favorite receiver there? Everyone knows Stanford's past and present coaches. Heck, the Greatest Coach of All Time coached there. Luck is an immense talent but there is this mysterious quality about Kap that no one knows how good he can be.

Not very many I'm guessing...but then again that's probably because he DIDN'T PLAY AT UNLV
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Look how RGIII has missed games due to injury twice this year because he's running around carelessly. He's the next Vick if he doesn't learn how to protect himself.

soooo much more talent than vick it's almost not comparable.

This. "Dude, he's black and super athletic...he's just like Michael Vick."

Vick is and always has been a super-athlete playing quarterback. He never showed consistent accuracy, his game was largely dependent on his ability to run.

RG3 is a quarterback who happens to be super-athletic. He can run with the ball, but he's also highly competent when passing and has terrific accuracy.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Early in vick's career when he was the first visiting QB in NFL history to lead his team to a playoff victory in Lambeau, people had a whole lot different opinion about him. That is, until he kept running around and getting hurt.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This. "Dude, he's black and super athletic...he's just like Michael Vick."

You made that comparison, not me. I compared him to a running QB that got himself hurt too often. Nothing more.
If Harbaugh could turn Kaep into the QB he is now, imagine what he can do with Luck. Luck>Kaep. Moss and other wideout would get 50+ yards td passes every game.
Based on current body of NFL work, I go with Luck, I think he can win games right now, where I don't think I can say the same for Kaep. Kaep is figuring some things out that Luck has somewhat learned, game management type things, which is a prerequisite for every QB. And I think Luck is better at reading defenses

My answer would change if your talking potential, Kaep will learn how to manage games and read defenses, once he does then the question will be is he among the best of all time
[ Edited by dchrie on Dec 21, 2012 at 6:36 AM ]
Kaepernick!

Originally posted by susweel:
Luck

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Luck fasho

Originally posted by lazy:
Luck

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Luck in a heartbeat

Originally posted by Robert:
Good to see that Niner Talk is keeping its perspective after a win....Luck.

Originally posted by eyepissgold:
luck

Originally posted by dobophile:
Luck, by a mile.

sup
Would luck be going to the Super Bowl with this team if we'd drafted him somehow?

Maybe

But he's not

So

Yup, its Kap all the way.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
"We're drafting Colin Kaepernick"

"I not only think he's the best quarterback in the draft, I think that he's the best football player in the draft. And we're going with Colin Kaepernick."

Jim Harbaugh quote
  • titan
  • Veteran
CK! Can't sell out my Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone