LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 183 users in the forums

Luck or Kaepernick?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Luck or Kaepernick?

Give Kap a HOF jacket already.
Originally posted by VtownNinerFan:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Luck turned the worst team in the league into a playoff team in one year, yeah he has a bunch of INTs but he is a rookie. Kaep is a 2nd year guy in the same exact system on a super bowl team. No way Kaep leads these exact same Colts the way Luck has

Their is absolutely no way of knowing that.

I highly doubt he does
Compare being inserted to a superbowl-talented team that was just in the NFCCG last year with a great offensive minded head coach compared to taking over a 2-14 team that didn't really add anyone significant except Luck himself.

I still can't believe some people would take Kaeperick over Luck
I'm all for homerism, but I'd trade Kaep for Luck in a heartbeat.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by VtownNinerFan:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Luck turned the worst team in the league into a playoff team in one year, yeah he has a bunch of INTs but he is a rookie. Kaep is a 2nd year guy in the same exact system on a super bowl team. No way Kaep leads these exact same Colts the way Luck has

Their is absolutely no way of knowing that.

I highly doubt he does
Compare being inserted to a superbowl-talented team that was just in the NFCCG last year with a great offensive minded head coach compared to taking over a 2-14 team that didn't really add anyone significant except Luck himself.

I still can't believe some people would take Kaeperick over Luck

Considering there are two rookie QB's having better years and Kaep is playing better... why would we want Luck over Kaep?
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 19, 2012 at 9:24 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
f**k luck

fap for kap

Amen
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
how about Russell Wilson or Kaepernick?

GTFO
Originally posted by RonMexico:
anyone who says kaep is a homer

this.
i like luck's ability to take a snap from center better

though kaerpenick should probably change his name to luck--he has been very lucky, 1st rams game puts the ball on ground twice and miller and gore bail him mout...1st start vs bears and cutler is out...throws sure pick 6 in end zone vs saints and moss breaks it up....plus brees throws 2 pick 6s....probably wont face the seahawks starting corners--very lucky indeed
Suck for Luck, Slob for Bob or Fap for Kap....which one would you choose
So far it's 68% Luck, 38% Kaep.

Man I wish this was stocks, I'd trade all my Luck shares for a ton of Kaep shares
[ Edited by verb1der on Dec 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM ]

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:

Man I wish this was stocks, I'd trade all my Luck shares of a ton of Kaep shares

If Andrew Luck played for Florida it would be 68% Kaep 38% Luck
Luck
RGIII

Cam

Kaep
Wilson

Dalton

Cousins
Tannehill
Ponder
Originally posted by Jcool:

Man I wish this was stocks, I'd trade all my Luck shares for a ton of Kaep shares

If Andrew Luck played for Florida it would be 68% Kaep 38% Luck

easily!
If you were Jim Harbaugh, and had the opportunity to pick between these two as your starting QB (considering both players body of work this season), who would you pick!?

And under-discussed aspect of this OP is that it says "if you were Jim Harbaugh." There's a chance Jim's homerism for CK has surpassed his homerism for Luck at this point. He probably has googley eyes for CK's upside, especially given the poise and accuracy he has shown so far.

The Luck hate from some in this thread is a bit ridiculous though, e.g. harping on his turnovers and saying he's having the third best season of rookie QBs, lol. Luck was an amazing prospect coming into the league and continues to be. He's head and shoulders above RGIII and Wilson and Kaep at this point. He is carrying an entire team on his shoulders. Luck's upside is one conversation we can have (we all know the Manning/Elway talk), but I would take Luck RIGHT NOW over guys like Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, and Tony Romo.

Let's be careful with the "CK has potential to be the BESTEST THERE EVER WAS" talk just because he's 6'5" with a rocket arm. So is Cam Newton. Kaep is just a 2nd round pick from a gimmick offense who has vastly exceeded expectations in his first five starts. That's amazing for the 49ers, as it looks like we have a star QB on our hands. But we can be thrilled for him and for our situation without losing perspective. Is it possible that CK has a better career than Luck? Yeah, it's possible. But at this point there is simply no objective justification for thinking so other than homerism. The fan forums of 31 other teams would agree. Heck, the Panthers forum might think Cam is a better prospect than Luck, which we would rightfully laugh at.
well well well...........look at all the hate in here. Disgusting.
Share 49ersWebzone