There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cowboys' Jerry Brown dead, teammate Josh Brent charged

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by jrg:
What about DUIs that kill somebody?

it's obviously not a good thing but people die in traffic accidents everyday. what's next one year suspension for anyone who who gets into an accident while texting and driving.

If an NFL player is proven to have killed someone while texting and driving... hell YES. I cannot believe you minimize the value of a life that is lost due to the stupidity and negligence of another. You really should stop now because you are really making yourself look bad.

it's obviously not a good thing but people die in traffic accidents everyday. what's next one year suspension for anyone who who gets into an accident while texting and driving.

Or a player that takes a hand gun and fires randomly into a crowd ... Hey, as long as he don't hit anybody... No harm no foul .
dui are very common and to suspend a year for that is outrageous and idiotic imo.

and it is flat out FU**ING RIDICULOUS when the NFL offers free transportation to avoid it.

i have never had anyone die from a DUI, but that does not change my view on it. i would totally support it, you get a misdemeanor DUI 8game suspension, felony DUI 1 year.

and i believe this is the 3rd NFL dui incident to involve a death.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

If an NFL player is proven to have killed someone while texting and driving... hell YES. I cannot believe you minimize the value of a life that is lost due to the stupidity and negligence of another. You really should stop now because you are really making yourself look bad.

so anyone who gets a dui should be suspended from their job for a year ?

well sir, many jobs if you get a DUI you are FIRED from your job. if you got a felony would you still be employed in your profession?

how many here would be fired for a felony?
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

well sir, many jobs if you get a DUI you are FIRED from your job. if you got a felony would you still be employed in your profession?

other than jobs that require driving what jobs would you be fired for ?

How would your job know?
other than jobs that require driving what jobs would you be fired for ?

the felony part. my brother would lose his clearance and then lose command of his boat. i believe military would end up in the brig(worse than prison?) and i believe i would(costco) if it was a felony.

But this is the NFL. He isn't a doctor or lawyer. He doesn't have an ethical obligation. He hits people for a living.

If his team wants to release him, so be it.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
How would your job know?

well you miss atleast 1 day of work from being in the drunk tank. and then the court dates, sentencing, and community service.
How would your job know?

well you miss atleast 1 day of work from being in the drunk tank. and then the court dates, sentencing, and community service.

Ya...but you can come up with reasons for that. Not saying they eventually won't find out but it isn't guaranteed.

And a DUI is a misdemeanor. Not a felony. So no, most companies wouldn't fire you for that.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

But this is the NFL. He isn't a doctor or lawyer. He doesn't have an ethical obligation. He hits people for a living.

that is the problem. the team needs to win, will the broncos suspend manning for anything short of f**king elways wife? that is why the NFL needs to step in, and make it mandatory upon a conviction or plea bargain. a misdemeanor DUI/DWI is 8 games and felony DUI is 1 year.

make it extreme. so only the dumbest of the dumb would do it.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

that is the problem. the team needs to win, will the broncos suspend manning for anything short of f**king elways wife? that is why the NFL needs to step in, and make it mandatory upon a conviction or plea bargain. a misdemeanor DUI/DWI is 8 games and felony DUI is 1 year.

make it extreme. so only the dumbest of the dumb would do it.

Yes, a felony DUI should be a year. But I think the original post was any DUI is a year suspension.
Originally posted by Sfmobsta19:
Way too many DUIs in the NFL. It was only a matter of time before one of them killed somebody. The nfl needs to do something about this.

Sucks that a young guy lost his life and his future

Hell. Donte Stallworth.

Although, the person was technically jaywalking.

Still, he's around a d kicking on my FF tram
How would your job know?

Ya...but you can come up with reasons for that. Not saying they eventually won't find out but it isn't guaranteed.

And a DUI is a misdemeanor. Not a felony. So no, most companies wouldn't fire you for that.

many companies run instant background checks on employees. it is cheap and very easy to do.

and wrong on not a felony. atleast here in cali and many other states. if you commit an illegal act(such as changing lanes without a signal) they can charge you with a felony DUI.

http://www.duifoundation.org/legalguide/finespenalties/misdemeanorvsfelony/