LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

NFL eliminating kickoffs?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jrg
  • Veteran
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/roger-goodell-talks-chiefs-eliminating-kickoffs-player-safety-164839047--nfl.html

i honest get what Goodell is trying to do, but c'mon man....................
Yeah I just read about that on the espn website. I understand why they're trying to do it but there's no way they can do away with kickoffs! I strongly agree with one of the comments on there that say players have a choice to play this sport. f**k that!
welp... there goes Anthony Dixon's job.
Originally posted by verb1der:
welp... there goes Anthony Dixon's job.

LOL i was thinking the same thing!
Well it's not football if they take that out of the game. It's already getting to 2 hand tag as we go.

I used to feel this would be a disadvantage for us (no more kickoffs). But with the Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams muffs and fumbles and our absolutely horrific kick coverage I now think it would probably help this team. Putting the other team at the 20 is good for this team. Better than the 50.... Akers could also rest his sore pelvis for those booming kickoffs and maybe he would not be so worn out when he tries to hit a FG. Honesly the way this team is built right now I think it would help us.

That being said the composition of the team can change over time. And as a purist I believe special teams is part of the game. And they should not take it out of the game nor the voilence that goes along with it.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM ]
It would be terrible.

Kick offs add an exciting element to the game.
The NFL will kill it self off eventually. A new league will start, just give it time.
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
The NFL will kill it self off eventually. A new league will start, just give it time.

This is going to be flag football soon. Compare this to 20 years ago. It just keeps getting worse every year. And they keep talking about more. Just sign waivers. The game is dangerous and they are taking a risk. If the guys don't know this it's rediculous. NFL is dangerous. But it's part of the game.

Rise...

Just so we are clear, Ted Ginn has only muffed and lost one punt since coming to the Niners, and it didn't cost the Niners the game (read: Kyle Williams for two that did) That option pitch was not his fault, Kaepernick airmailed it in a very bad spot on the field where Janoris Jenkins was already all over the play.
Hahahaha this aint gonna stick
Originally posted by Psinex:
Just so we are clear, Ted Ginn has only muffed and lost one punt since coming to the Niners, and it didn't cost the Niners the game (read: Kyle Williams for two that did) That option pitch was not his fault, Kaepernick airmailed it in a very bad spot on the field where Janoris Jenkins was already all over the play.

the pitch was not his fault.

good effort, but Ginn also made a bad decision in trying to pick it up instead of just falling on it.

.....wait...... what thread is this?
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Dec 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Psinex:

the pitch was not his fault.

good effort, but Ginn also made a bad decision in trying to pick it up instead of just falling on it.

.....wait...... what thread is this?

lol..

I actually enjoyed watching this league..and they had nice uniforms lol
Share 49ersWebzone