There are 423 users in the forums

NFL eliminating kickoffs?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
how about mini air bags in helmets

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Im not liking the direction the NFL is headed.
Can we get rid of punts since we don't seem to hang on to very many of those?
XFL was way ahead of it's time.

NFL is becoming so homo.

Pink stuff, socks, Vernon Davis art , lol , concussions, no kickoffs, Pass Int., roughing the passer , helmet to helmets.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
how about mini air bags in helmets

Making the helmets bigger (bobblehead style) would be my choice

...then mini air bags would fit in them
Originally posted by susweel:
Im not liking the direction the NFL is headed.
Me neither. They should just leave the game alone.
Here's the real problem... when you give millions of dollars to people, it results in them living a privileged lifestyle. Eventually, a mentality sets in among NFL players that they're entitled to the very best -- if not more. This feeling of entitlement transcends all aspects of life such as: homes, cars, attention, women and when done with the game healthcare. Personally, I feel they should receive healthcare when the game is over, to a proper degree of course. BUT, don't change the game. It's a rough sport. Can't handle it? Don't play. The league should not change too drastically (I think some minor changes to make the game safer is fine) just because of injury. Injuries have always been apart of the game. The only way to change the possibilities of injuries is to change the game.

Maybe the NFL and it's players need to accept it comes along with their big fat paychecks.

I'm for any change to make the game safer, as long as it does not ruin the infrastructure. I'm tired of players feeling as though they're the victims while knowing the risks since childhood and driving away in cars worth as much as some homes.
[ Edited by mustangmele on Dec 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM ]
pretty soon there's gonna be a speed cap on how fast you're allowed to run.
How about size and weight limits? Nobody over 6-1, no RB over 210, no line men over 260...and ofcourse a speed limit, no one under 4.5 in the 40!
NFL 2020

"Personal Foul, defense #52. running too fast."

Sportscenter 2020.

"the niners offensive linemen is currently listed as doubtful for sundays game unless he can loose 10 more pounds. the player was recently spotted at a local McDonalds."

Do former boxers sue? What about mma? Rugby or hockey players?

The NFL is getting more and more sissified each off season.
Stupid idea and I dont think it will happen.
It will never happen. Its just a talking point to show they are thinking of ways to protect players is all.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
One more glitch in the 4th and 15 concept. Time. Team A scores with 3 seconds left in the game, now they can just run a play and end it, instead of the slim possibility of a KR TD or Team B getting one play.
Originally posted by Janitor:
One more glitch in the 4th and 15 concept. Time. Team A scores with 3 seconds left in the game, now they can just run a play and end it, instead of the slim possibility of a KR TD or Team B getting one play.

Wait, WTH are you talking about? What's the 4th and 15 concept?
Share 49ersWebzone