LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

COACH CAROUSEL

Shop 49ers game tickets
i think reid won't enjoy the same success as he did in Philly. I dont think he has the coaches (or will get teh coaches) to properly coach up the team and the cardinal's talent evaluation still sucks.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
I guess this means Alex smith wont be getting a look at by az
@AdamSchefter: Andy Reid has emerged as the leading candidate to become Arizona's next HC and could be named to job by end of the week, per league sources.

@AdamSchefter: One league source said he was "95 percent" certain former Eagles HC Andy Reid will wind up coaching the Cardinals

@JasonLaCanfora: No shortage of sources telling me that Andy Reid will be having a press conference in Arizona by end of the week

@AdamSchefter: KTVK in Phoenix first reported that Andy Reid and the Cardinals are close to a deal.
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM ]
I didn't think AZ would spend the money like Philly does.
Shiiiiit... I don't like Andy Reid in Arizona.. He made Kolb look good enough for a huge contract. His offense will be a headache. And they have a good defense already
I wouldn't be surprised if San Diego took a look at the Stanford coach David Shaw, a SD local
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I wouldn't be surprised if San Diego took a look at the Stanford coach David Shaw, a SD local

Shaw isn't going anywhere. Stanford is his dream job
NFL is a buddy league when it comes to coaching. It's not really what you know as much as it is who you know. JMHHO
Uggh.. Reid in Arizona.
NFC WEST from weak to best WOW!

@timring3TV (Tim Ring - KTVK): I am reporting the Cardinals are very close to a deal with Andy Reid to become the team's next head coach.

@timring3TV (Tim Ring - KTVK): #Eagles beat writer @Jeff_McLane: I can confirm that the #Cards are very close to hiring Reid. One NFL source said it's already a done deal."
Man, the NFC West is going to beating each other up even before the playoffs.
Originally posted by PTulini:
@timring3TV (Tim Ring - KTVK): I am reporting the Cardinals are very close to a deal with Andy Reid to become the team's next head coach.

@timring3TV (Tim Ring - KTVK): #Eagles beat writer @Jeff_McLane: I can confirm that the #Cards are very close to hiring Reid. One NFL source said it's already a done deal."

Don't buy into this, here in Arizona its being reported that the Cardinals won't be interviewing until Reid later on in the week. Their brain trust is also flying to Denver to interview Broncos OC Mike McCoy. I think Reid is the likely pick, but until he gets interviewed, I wouldn't book it just yet.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Don't buy into this, here in Arizona its being reported that the Cardinals won't be interviewing until Reid later on in the week. Their brain trust is also flying to Denver to interview Broncos OC Mike McCoy. I think Reid is the likely pick, but until he gets interviewed, I wouldn't book it just yet.

When I hear something from multiple sources I'm more likely to believe it. I bet it will be done before the end of the week.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

When I hear something from multiple sources I'm more likely to believe it. I bet it will be done before the end of the week.

Eh, multiple sources reported Harbaugh to Miami was a done deal too.
Share 49ersWebzone