LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

COACH CAROUSEL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
@timring3TV (Tim Ring - KTVK): I am reporting the Cardinals are very close to a deal with Andy Reid to become the team's next head coach.

@timring3TV (Tim Ring - KTVK): #Eagles beat writer @Jeff_McLane: I can confirm that the #Cards are very close to hiring Reid. One NFL source said it's already a done deal."

Don't buy into this, here in Arizona its being reported that the Cardinals won't be interviewing until Reid later on in the week. Their brain trust is also flying to Denver to interview Broncos OC Mike McCoy. I think Reid is the likely pick, but until he gets interviewed, I wouldn't book it just yet.

When I hear something from multiple sources I'm more likely to believe it. I bet it will be done before the end of the week.

Eh, multiple sources reported Harbaugh to Miami was a done deal too.

True, but wasn't that from Jason LaCanfora and Michael Lombardi? Consider the source.
@JasonLaCanfora: Bills execs in Arizona tonight to interview Ken Whisenhunt, then Ray Horton Wed, and could talk to Chip Kelly too post-bowl game in AZ
(Ian Rapoport‏) @RapSheet: Interesting night in Phoenix. Ken Whisenhunt having dinner with #Bills CEO Russ Brandon & his staff tonight. Interest high on both sides.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh

Add another assistant to Phil Emery's list: Bears ask permission to interview Packers offensive coordinator Tom Clements, per league source.
@timring3TV (Tim Ring - KTVK): I am reporting the Cardinals are very close to a deal with Andy Reid to become the team's next head coach.

@timring3TV (Tim Ring - KTVK): #Eagles beat writer @Jeff_McLane: I can confirm that the #Cards are very close to hiring Reid. One NFL source said it's already a done deal."

Don't buy into this, here in Arizona its being reported that the Cardinals won't be interviewing until Reid later on in the week. Their brain trust is also flying to Denver to interview Broncos OC Mike McCoy. I think Reid is the likely pick, but until he gets interviewed, I wouldn't book it just yet.

When I hear something from multiple sources I'm more likely to believe it. I bet it will be done before the end of the week.

they would violate the rooney rules

the bidwells are already cheap, they wont risk paying a fine
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Ray Horton will be interviewed to take care of that.

Not true, interviewing their DC Ray Horton complies with the Rooney Rule.

Not true, interviewing their DC Ray Horton complies with the Rooney Rule.

they already have a deal in place... right after the interviewed the token black guy

i guess thats ok by the NFL standards
they already have a deal in place... right after the interviewed the token black guy

i guess thats ok by the NFL standards

Which is why the Rooney Rule is so full of fail. Teams will hire whomever they want, jerking around somebody else when you know you won't be hiring them isn't fair to them in the slightest.
@Adam Schefter: One source close to Andy Reid insisted deal w/ Cards not close. Another source said Cards search open and no leading candidate at this time.

@AdamSchefter: And so some believe Andy Reid is the Cardinals' leading candidate and others insist Arizona's search is open and just beginning. Never dull.

@JasonLaCanfora: Browns president Joe Banner is also among those in Arizona. Interviewed Cards DC Ray Horton, but primarily to make a pitch for Chip Kelly.

@JasonLaCanfora: Browns and Eagles still primed to take their best shot at Kelly. Whoever doesnt get him will push for Bill O'Brien, I'm told.
@JasonLaCanfora: Andy Reid will interview with the Cardinals tomorrow.
@AlbertBreer: Also sounds like, early on, 49ers personnel man Tom Gamble is atop the Jets' list. Bill Polian apparently went to bat for him big-time with NY.
@MaryKayCabot: The #jets have scheduled an interview w/ former #browns gm Tom Heckert. But another team - not cardinals - is heavily pursuing him
  • Paul
  • Veteran
@JasonLaCanfora: Bills execs in Arizona tonight to interview Ken Whisenhunt, then Ray Horton Wed, and could talk to Chip Kelly too post-bowl game in AZ

Why would they go after Wisenhunt he hasn't made the playoffs in 3 years & to me is on the decline. I want to see Buffalo good again
Share 49ersWebzone