There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Any Ref News

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
no matter how bad the real refs do, there is NO way in hell it can be as ridiculous as the previous 3 weeks have been.

Exactly. The old refs weren't perfect. But I've never seen anything like this. Ever. It's like they were trying to one up the judges of the Pacquaino fight.
lol Goodell.. They're still greedy b*****ds
Report Deal REACHED WITH REFS!
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/locked-out-officials-league-agree-to-deal-in-time-week-4-roger-goodell-nflra-replacement-officials-092612
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM ]
Just curious, I wonder what the replacements were paid? Also, they thought they may have a job for awhile, now they are on the streets. As refs, as terrible as they were, I could care a less, but suddenly there are a pile of people out of work, just a random thought from the other side of the looking glass.

Welcome back real refs and sanity again.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Just curious, I wonder what the replacements were paid? Also, they thought they may have a job for awhile, now they are on the streets. As refs, as terrible as they were, I could care a less, but suddenly there are a pile of people out of work, just a random thought from the other side of the looking glass.

If I remember correctly, they got like $2k a game, vs $8k for the regular refs (someone can look this up). They got compensated pretty well for a few weeks work for some Division 2 and high school refs.

According to the new contract, shortly the officials' pay will get to over $200,000/year, plus over $18,000 (per official) contributed to their pension. About a quarter million a year sounds like a helluva lot to me, but I'm not directly paying their paychecks and I'm glad the NFL got the things that they wanted that are good for the game (ability to hire and train extra crews, bench poorly performing crews, have full-time refs etc).
[ Edited by mug0mug on Sep 27, 2012 at 1:47 AM ]
And not to necessarily trumpet or defend Goodell, but he had rarely been directly involved in the negotiations and things changed when he showed up in the negotiations a couple of days ago. Clearly, he got it done.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Sep 27, 2012 at 1:46 AM ]
Originally posted by mug0mug:

If I remember correctly, they got like $2k a game, vs $8k for the regular refs (someone can look this up). They got compensated pretty well for a few weeks work for some Division 2 and high school refs.

According to the new contract, shortly the officials' pay will get to over $200,000/year, plus over $18,000 (per official) contributed to their pension. About a quarter million a year sounds like a helluva lot to me, but I'm not directly paying their paychecks and I'm glad the NFL got the things that they wanted that are good for the game (ability to hire and train extra crews, bench poorly performing crews, have full-time refs etc).

I saw the numbers that the real refs will be getting paid, think its on the NFL.COM site somewhere. Not bad for a part time job. Like the fact some will be going full time in the future. 2K a week to do a job terribly, nice money for 3 weeks of um, "work".

Glad the real refs are back, whatever the cost to the league, that was out of hand, hope the players and coaches can adjust quickly to playing within the rules again.
About time.
Sweet, now we can b***h about the real refs making crap calls!
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Esto.
  • jdean
  • Veteran
They say the real refs will be working Thursday nite. I thought that they said at the beginning of the strike that it would take at least 5 games after the strike was over for them to start a game?

I don't think that they'll be necessarily out of work. As I understand, if these replacement refs hadn't been refereeing NFL games, they'd be refereeing lower division college games. It's possible that they could go back to working college games. Also, most referees work part-time and have "regular" jobs on the side.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Esto.

While this is true, at least they won't have a 5 minute huddle after every penalty, they will (mostly) get the numbers right, they will call teams by their (correct) names and not by colors, they will award timeouts properly, tack off yardage correctly, and a slew of other things the damn replacements couldn't handle.
  • jdean
  • Veteran
This whole deal reminded me of something. That the players were like 10 year olds , the real refs the parents and the replacement refs were the babysitters . The kids( players) are always trying to see what they can get away with , they don't respect the babysitters (replacement refs) , so they throw tantrums and cry and complain. But when the parents ( real refs) get home they know they can't act that way. And we all know how most of the players act like baby's when thay don't get their way.
Originally posted by jdean:
This whole deal reminded me of something. That the players were like 10 year olds , the real refs the parents and the replacement refs were the babysitters . The kids( players) are always trying to see what they can get away with , they don't respect the babysitters (replacement refs) , so they throw tantrums and cry and complain. But when the parents ( real refs) get home they know they can't act that way. And we all know how most of the players act like baby's when thay don't get their way.

This.

Another metaphor would be how students behave when there's a substitute teacher around instead of their normal teacher...(I would add the head coaches as well to the ones who've thrown tantrums lol)
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Sep 27, 2012 at 4:49 PM ]