LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Giants fire back at Packers & 49ers trash talk

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
They the champs so they have the right to talk trash.

this
I dont find it coincidental that Tuck, Osi and friends had nothing to say about the 49ers. Of course they can snap back when a Packer says they gave the Giants the win, when they got borderline blown out. But when you win by 3 in OT, and have two critical mistakes which gift wrapped 10 points, theres nothing really to say.

The Giants know damn well they got lucky. Choosing not to say anything is probably the smart thing to do.
"It's not like anybody gave us anything," Umenyiora said.

Green Bay didn't give them anything. But Kyle Williams did.

Giants have the right gloat and celebrate and talk trash all they want. BUT they were given that NFC Championship game.
When you go 1-13 on third down conversions like we did, you deserve to lose the game.
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
When you go 1-13 on third down conversions like we did, you deserve to lose the game.

That doesn't negate that Kyle Williams lost us the game. I'm not hating on him. I hope he does well this year. But we were on the brink of winning that game despite the 1-13 stat.
Originally posted by mustangmele:

That doesn't negate that Kyle Williams lost us the game. I'm not hating on him. I hope he does well this year. But we were on the brink of winning that game despite the 1-13 stat.

Kyle Williams deserves a lot of blame, but our offense played horrible. You can't put it all on Williams.

Kyle Williams deserves a lot of blame, but our offense played horrible. You can't put it all on Williams.

Agreed.
Deleted Comment
[ Edited by mustangmele on Aug 14, 2012 at 10:49 AM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I don't see where he said anything about the Niners.
Originally posted by Muggins:
I don't see where he said anything about the Niners.

It was a combined collective statement based on Matthews and Whitner's statements so indirectly aimed at SF as well.

Giants have the right gloat and celebrate and talk trash all they want. BUT they were given that NFC Championship game.

Yeah, but we didn't make the plays we needed to win the game.

The Saints could have the same argument. They gave us 5 turnovers.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Ahmad Bradshaw fumble.

/ thread

THIS that WAS A DAMN FUMBLE idc what anyone says. We get that we win we go on to smash gay brady and his loverboys the pats and beat the snot out of cheating Bellicheck.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yeah, but we didn't make the plays we needed to win the game.

The Saints could have the same argument. They gave us 5 turnovers.

BIG difference though was we earned those turnover by playing epic defense and getting great pressure on brees and shuting down the run game. They had a lucky call go their way where bradshaw fumbled and kyle had the ball bounce off his knee. They had more freak luck plays go their way we forced a lot of those turnover by installing fear and pressure on the saints period. You stop the most powerful offense in the league in the playoffs thats not luck im sorry.
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Ahmad Bradshaw fumble.

/ thread

THIS that WAS A DAMN FUMBLE idc what anyone says. We get that we win we go on to smash gay brady and his loverboys the pats and beat the snot out of cheating Bellicheck.

As much as I hate to disagree, forward progress was stopped.

Very close though. Could have gone either way...

Further playing devil's advocate, the 1st KW fumble was on him, the 2nd was mostly a very good play by Jacquain Williams.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
forward progress was indeed stopped, that was never the question. But the whistle didn't come until after the ball was out. And it wasn't even that close.
Share 49ersWebzone