LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Antonio Brown gets an extension

Shop 49ers game tickets
42.5 mil for five years....damn this must really grind the gears of Wallace
Wouldnt be surprised at all if Wallace is now shopped. At the very least, this is definitely his last year in Pitt. They wont tag him next year and I think they're ready to roll with Brown and Sanders.

* And let's not feel bad for Wallace. There's no doubt he was offered the same if not a bit more, but the dude wanted 10 mil a year. This is the risk you take when trying to play hardball negotiating. He took a risk and got burned,. He better hope for a healthy year.
[ Edited by belabartok on Jul 27, 2012 at 7:44 PM ]
we should go after wallace hard next year, but he'll either get franchised again or he'll resign with the team.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
we should go after wallace hard next year, but he'll either get franchised again or he'll resign with the team.

He will not get franchised. The Steelers are up against the cap already and with Brown's new deal, his salary jumps to 5 and a half mil or so next year, which with wallace's franchise tag would mean around 15 mil in Cap would be dedicated to those two, not to mention Emmanuel Sanders probably getting consideration for a raise. Wallace is looking pretty definitely like a former Steeler, if not soon, then definitely in 2013.

Let's curb the "SIGN HIM" talk until we actually see how Alex uses legit downfield weapons this season.
Originally posted by belabartok:
Wouldnt be surprised at all if Wallace is now shopped. At the very least, this is definitely his last year in Pitt. They wont tag him next year and I think they're ready to roll with Brown and Sanders.

* And let's not feel bad for Wallace. There's no doubt he was offered the same if not a bit more, but the dude wanted 10 mil a year. This is the risk you take when trying to play hardball negotiating. He took a risk and got burned,. He better hope for a healthy year.

yea i think they might look at putting him on the trade block cuz after that there is no way he is going to play to his full max this season. Isnt his tender worth like 1.7m? and brown is now getting a lil over 8 mil a year. Brown is a good receiver but dam that is a big difference especially considering that wallace is the better receiver. The steelers FO might as well of pulled a train on his gf and sent him the tape in the mail the next day
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Jul 27, 2012 at 8:32 PM ]
Mike Wallace will be a Niner next year. BOOK IT.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

dam we would probably have the fastest WR corps,,,, and then steps in COLIN KAEPERNICK
god i hope the rams dont pull something out of their ass and get him.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by belabartok:

yea i think they might look at putting him on the trade block cuz after that there is no way he is going to play to his full max this season. Isnt his tender worth like 1.7m? and brown is now getting a lil over 8 mil a year. Brown is a good receiver but dam that is a big difference especially considering that wallace is the better receiver. The steelers FO might as well of pulled a train on his gf and sent him the tape in the mail the next day

Ah Brown has arguably every bit the potential Wallace does. Especially since I think Ben's ability factor's in to both of their performances and Sanders' as well. Look at Santonio Holmes without Ben. Wallace should have known that Pittsburgh is not the team to jerk around, they will pay players but only if they honor their contract.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Based on what? The 9ers already have a surplus of RBs and have their starting WR's of the future in Jenkins and Crabtree, no? That's a hell of a lot of people to share touches. It's also uncharacteristic. And Wallace's numbers with Smith would never touch the numbers he puts up with Ben.

Originally posted by denali22:
god i hope the rams dont pull something out of their ass and get him.

they have the assets/capspace to do so.
Very tough call, Wallace is 25, Brown 24. Go with the cheaper guy I guess.
Very tough call, Wallace is 25, Brown 24. Go with the cheaper guy I guess.
Sorry for the double play.
i can't even fathom 42 million...damn
Share 49ersWebzone