LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Is Peyton Manning in for a reality check?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is Peyton Manning in for a reality check?

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
He's gonna get ROCKED by the Chiefs and Raiders pass rush.

Yup. The Broncos have a pretty good OLine in terms of run and pass blocking, but those teams, especially the Chiefs have way too much pass rush for old ass Peyton Manning to avoid.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
WORST way to judge a person. They are not in control of their coaching or the rest of the players around them.. That's like saying Marino is not a top 5 QB because hes never won a Superbowl or Reggie Miller isn't one of the greatest SGs ever because hes never won a ring, or Ewing as well.. The list can go on and on.. Manning in my eyes is the greatest QB to ever play the game.

Please! Better than Unitas? Montana? No friggin way dude!
Originally posted by eastie:
WORST way to judge a person. They are not in control of their coaching or the rest of the players around them.. That's like saying Marino is not a top 5 QB because hes never won a Superbowl or Reggie Miller isn't one of the greatest SGs ever because hes never won a ring, or Ewing as well.. The list can go on and on.. Manning in my eyes is the greatest QB to ever play the game.

eh alot of people have that opinion about manning... rightfully so too. its too difficult to compare QBs of different generations in my opinion to really say who was better. montana, unitas and manning all played in a time where the game had changed so much compared to when they where playing. manning def had it best as in the protecting QB and how the DB has to play and all. anyways its his opinion and i respect it, but dont agree with it
reality check or broken neck, whichever comes first
Originally posted by eastie:

In my book, Montana is still top with his great performances in big games. Manning has not been as good in big games.
chargers will win the division, and broncos will miss the playoffs
I dont think his arm is the same. I was on the fence until last night. I know the media is really hyping him but is doesnt look the same to me. It looks ALOT weaker
In that division I think Peyton can lead the Broncos back to the playoffs. Chiefs have a solid D, Chargers have Rivers but their D is subpar, Raiders eehh.
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
I dont think his arm is the same. I was on the fence until last night. I know the media is really hyping him but is doesnt look the same to me. It looks ALOT weaker

That's what I saw too, also .. After he threw that last int he took a real shot from a D linesmen and got up ok soo the neck can't be that bad?
I think he is in for a reality check for sure. He will be playing more outdoor games in cold weather than he ever has in his life. I don't know the stats but statistically I have heard he is much better indoors as he was in the dome all his career so I think it is definitely going to be fun to watch.

He is going to have a target on his back too as defensive players are going to want to put a lick on him to see what he can take. I don't watch any Denver preseason games but it will be something else to pay attention to as the season progresses. Go Niners!!

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Looked pretty damn good today.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He'll be just fine barring injury.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins:
Looked pretty damn good today.
Yes, I cannot believe over 2/3 of the zone thought he would struggle. The guy probably knows football better than half the coaches in the Hall of Fame, and would adapt to a new system quickly. He reads defenses so well even at 75% physically he is still going to be an elite QB. I am going to root for the guy as long as he isn't playing the 49ers.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
picked apart our 1st team d.
After seeing him play at Mile High Stadium yesterday against our Niners, the Denver media is talking "maybe 13 wins" this season. While he did look good, we were playing a very vanilla defense against him. My son and I got the impression Harbaugh wasn't concerned with Peyton completing passes downfield. His main objective was to avoid serious injuries in the 100 + F degree heat on the field and the always-present altitude. He did get rocked with one hit...but that's only (by their accts) the 2nd big hit in the preseason. He'll take many more once the bell rings...and if he goes down for any length of time, Denver's in big trouble. His b/u is Caleb Hanie...not very impressive. Backing him up is the rookie Ostweiler, who looked every bit the part. Of course, the Denver media is over-hyping Manning and his impact on the team. He'll definitely improve their offense, no question, but to be seriously talking Super Bowl is pretty far-fetched.
Share 49ersWebzone