LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Is Peyton Manning in for a reality check?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is Peyton Manning in for a reality check?

Honestly, I think Manning is going to struggle some. More than people expect. He like Brady has benefited from having a lot of continuity (something we've lacked) in the same offense. I think he'll honestly disappoint those who have high expectations.
[ Edited by mustangmele on Jun 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM ]
He's gonna get ROCKED by the Chiefs and Raiders pass rush.
he's gonna be a beast. And when you are a great you create continuity. Mostly losers don't have continuity b/c they aren't having success then guys are being fired.
Originally posted by lamontb:
he's gonna be a beast. And when you are a great you create continuity. Mostly losers don't have continuity b/c they aren't having success then guys are being fired.

He's lucky there won't be a real SF matchup until 2014 or maybe super bowl.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by lamontb:

He's lucky there won't be a real SF matchup until 2014 or maybe super bowl.

or maybe the second preseason game
It's actually the 3rd preseason game (when the starters play the most) but he won't last a series or will be too scurried to face Willis & Co.
I think so.

Especially if he plays us.
i heard a bronco beat writer on the radio today and he made a interesting point re peyton coming to the broncos, that being that they are not switching over their offense to the the peyton manning colts offense, but rather peyton is having ot learn the mike mccoy offense
He and the Broncos both I would think.
He's going to get a reality check about the decision he made if they they are our opponent in the super bow!

• Paul
  • Veteran
if anything he will have a season maybe like 2001 where he had a lot of yds and tds but threw a ton of picks
Yes. He has a broken neck and he is old. Honestly he is declining fast. It's probably best we didn't sign him for $96 million. He's not worth that at this state. In the past sure. Now no.
Their schedule is brutal.

If they don't win their division they won't make the playoffs. The division sucks though.

Denver is the best offensive line he's had in years so I think he plays fine.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes. He has a broken neck and he is old. Honestly he is declining fast. It's probably best we didn't sign him for $96 million. He's not worth that at this state. In the past sure. Now no.

Yeah I think he'll still do pretty well but between having to learn a new offense and his health/age situation, I don't think he was worth the money. I wouldn't be surprised if Alex does as well or better than him this year. He might do really well though because Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker are too pretty big and really talented WR's, and Tebow struggled to get them the ball even though they were wide open a lot. If he stays healthy though they should be pretty good because their OL+Running game is good and their defense is pretty good.
I think they finish at least second in the division. He can learn a new offense easily. They made the playoffs last year because of the great run game they had, without Tebow their run offense wont be as good.
Share 49ersWebzone