LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 335 users in the forums

Is Peyton Manning in for a reality check?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is Peyton Manning in for a reality check?

Originally posted by hofer36:
i heard a bronco beat writer on the radio today and he made a interesting point re peyton coming to the broncos, that being that they are not switching over their offense to the the peyton manning colts offense, but rather peyton is having ot learn the mike mccoy offense

Interesting. That was not what the Broncos implied when they signed Manning. McCoy being active or not, it was Manning who ran the offensive drills according to the reports of the OTAs.
Originally posted by fastforward:
i heard a bronco beat writer on the radio today and he made a interesting point re peyton coming to the broncos, that being that they are not switching over their offense to the the peyton manning colts offense, but rather peyton is having ot learn the mike mccoy offense

Interesting. That was not what the Broncos implied when they signed Manning. McCoy being active or not, it was Manning who ran the offensive drills according to the reports of the OTAs.

Because he probably already knows the McCoy offense.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I think Manning is fully capabable of performing similar to when Joe went to the Chiefs.
  • Jiks
Barring injury, Payton Manning is going to f**k s**t up.
I don't understand why the Broncos didn't go out and get Dallas Clark, Jeff Saturday or any of Peyton's former teammates. They could've made him more comfortable and given him someone he already has chemistry with. Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker don't exactly instill fear in defenses, even with Peyton throwing to them. Who knows what kind of shape their offensive line is in. Willis McGahee at running back? They are not set up to win on offense. Does Elway honestly think that if he just plugs Peyton into their offense that they'll suddenly start winning every game? Peyton is/was a great player, but he's on the tail end of his career and he's one vicious hit from checking out. He had freakin nerve damage in his arm, that's not something to take lightly.
I think one of the biggest factors is that Peyton will be playing all his home games outdoors. That fast break offense may not happen in Denver in Nov and Dec. I remember Peyton coming up short in every playoff game in NE in Jan.

According to Alex Smith excuse makers this should be a reason why Peyton Manning will struggle. However Peyton Manning is actually an 'elite' QB, so he will have no issues and will probably take the Broncos back to the playoffs.
Remember in '94 when the Elway-led Broncos went 8-8? An 'elite' QB is not the only thing it takes to make the playoffs...
maybe Rolondo McClain will suplex him...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol. y'all crazy. Manning can make any mediocre WR look like a superstar. Bronco's are instant SB contenders IMO. They made the Pleayoffs last year with Tebow. This year they'll go further with arguably the best QB the game.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lol. y'all crazy. Manning can make any mediocre WR look like a superstar. Bronco's are instant SB contenders IMO. They made the Pleayoffs last year with Tebow. This year they'll go further with arguably the best QB the game.

Even though Manning made Pierre Garcon and whoever else was on the Colts look good, he always had a longterm go-to guy like Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, or Dallas Clark. He went to the other guys because those three attracted most of the attention. On the Broncos, he has to build up that chemistry again at a late stage in his career. If he holds onto the ball too long, he'll get crushed. If he throws the ball too quickly, the 2nd and 3rd year receivers might run the wrong route, be on different wavelengths, and lead to a lot of interceptions. I just don't see how Peyton Manning can step right into a new team and a new offensive coordinator's offense without a period of adjustment that will involve taking some vicious sacks along the way. I'm sure the league will do everything they can to protect him, but he will still get hit.
I'm just looking forward to seeing him take his first NFL hit in almost two years - blindsided.
Third preseason game he will
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
I'm just looking forward to seeing him take his first NFL hit in almost two years - blindsided.

This
He's nuts to play.
Share 49ersWebzone