There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL great Junior Seau dead?

One of my favorite players to watch as a kid. He was one of the main reasons I started watching football.

RIP Junior
Wow, that's hard. He didn't want to mess with his brain. Insane to kill yourself and not make it instant. Talk about suffering.
RIP, sad to see you go out like this
Originally posted by saniner:
One of my favorite players to watch as a kid. He was one of the main reasons I started watching football.

RIP Junior

This,

My fav LB in the 90's RIP Junior.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Bruce Feldman ‏ @BFeldmanCBS

RT @SI_LeeJenkins Junior Seau is the eighth member of the Chargers '94 Super Bowl team to pass.

8...what the f**k..

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/05/mayor-former-nfl-star-junior-seau-dead-at-43/1

In a tragic coincidence, Seau becomes the eighth member of the 1994 San Diego Chargers, who lost Super Bowl XXIX to the 49ers, to die at a young age. The others: Chris Mims, David Griggs, Rodney Culver, Lewis Bush, Curtis Whitley, Shawn Lee and Doug Miller.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,798
Well it only took a half hour and Sports Center didnt even have the info to say he was killed.... Just a shooting at his home.
[ Edited by Jcool on May 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Well it only took a half hour and Sports Center didnt even have the info to say he was killed.... Just a shooting at his home.

You must be referring to those poor excuses for sports news networks.
poor guy......


I feel really bad for him and his family......to bad somebody couldn't of helped in time.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Bruce Feldman ‏ @BFeldmanCBS

RT @SI_LeeJenkins Junior Seau is the eighth member of the Chargers '94 Super Bowl team to pass.

8...what the f**k..

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/05/mayor-former-nfl-star-junior-seau-dead-at-43/1

In a tragic coincidence, Seau becomes the eighth member of the 1994 San Diego Chargers, who lost Super Bowl XXIX to the 49ers, to die at a young age. The others: Chris Mims, David Griggs, Rodney Culver, Lewis Bush, Curtis Whitley, Shawn Lee and Doug Miller.

Or.....It was a San Diego drug cartel that lost a lot of money on that game.....
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,798
Drew Magary ‏ @drewmagary

Wow, ESPN STILL doesn't have the Seau news up. Because no one is actually dead until Mort can corroborate it from six other news sources.
Wow, very sad news. RIP Junior Seau.
WOW so sad
ESPN just reported that the Chargers have confirmed Seau is dead. Schefter and Tim Hasslebeck both spoke about him.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,798
Awful Announcing ‏ @awfulannouncing

Anyone criticizing ESPN for waiting to report the Junior Seau death doesn't remember what we sadly went through with Joe Paterno.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Wow, that's hard. He didn't want to mess with his brain. Insane to kill yourself and not make it instant. Talk about suffering.

IIRC Dave Duerson did the same so that his brain could be studied. Sad stuff.