There are 207 users in the forums

Why do you watch football? Because I primarily like...

Shop 49ers game tickets

Why do you watch football? Because I primarily like...

Originally posted by defenderDX:
I think "toughness and technique" would be a better option. It's so interesting because it's the only sport that is the MOST physical, but at the same time is one of the most strategic and technical. It's like controlled chaos.

A hard-hitting, gang tackling, violent match of chess. I love it.

This.my thoughts exactly
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Apr 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM ]
To look at Vernon Davis butt crack.
chess game where people get destroyed
its like crack it keeps calln me man just keeps calln me
the b***hes
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
because you never know what's going to happen
Played the game, coached the game, love the game. There's nothing like strategic games of ground acquisition. It's the ultimate war-game.
2,4,and5
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

this
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

this

+1

because soccer sucks/
  • mod
  • Veteran
I like football because I do... thats all I know really. There is no aspect of the game I prefer over the other. Sure I love a good hit, but I dont go into the game anticipating it. I can appreciate a strong defensive performance just as I can an offensive performance. Football is a beautiful sport and San Francisco is a beautiful city.
I think the main reason is the fact it's a part of the culture, you guys are brought up on football just like Australians are raised on AFL It becomes a part of you from the first time you kick a footy with your old man then in the schoolyard with your mates etc. It's always there no matter how bad your week has been it can be turned around by your team getting a W

Anyone ever watched an AFL game? Think we might have you on the physicality levels
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
I think the main reason is the fact it's a part of the culture, you guys are brought up on football just like Australians are raised on AFL It becomes a part of you from the first time you kick a footy with your old man then in the schoolyard with your mates etc. It's always there no matter how bad your week has been it can be turned around by your team getting a W

Anyone ever watched an AFL game? Think we might have you on the physicality levels

I've watched some and yes Aussie rules football is crazy physical . . . as is Rugby. I played football as an offensive lineman, usually center, for 12 seasons and never had worse than bruises and hyper-extensions. I played Rugby for two years and was done after I severely compressed some vertebrae during a scrum. I've been going to a chiropractor a couple time a year ever since.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:

I've watched some and yes Aussie rules football is crazy physical . . . as is Rugby. I played football as an offensive lineman, usually center, for 12 seasons and never had worse than bruises and hyper-extensions. I played Rugby for two years and was done after I severely compressed some vertebrae during a scrum. I've been going to a chiropractor a couple time a year ever since.

Yea rugby is insane.... Bloke was killed in a NRL game over east on the weekend from a tackle.
Share 49ersWebzone