LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

Looks like L.A. won't have an NFL franchise for awhile

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hateroids84:
I'm a diehard niner first and foremost; but i also am a big laker and dodger fan since I live out here in LA. Northern Cali also thinks of us southern californian's as 'superficial.' It's fun to have rivalries but I never got all the hate.

I think moreso the rest of the world thinks southern californians are superficial.
I
Originally posted by dhp318:
I'm a diehard niner first and foremost; but i also am a big laker and dodger fan since I live out here in LA. Northern Cali aI lso thinks of us southern californian's as 'superficial.' It's fun to have rivalries but I never got all the hate.

I think moreso the rest of the world thinks southern californians are superficial.
I think most of the world think San Francisco is full of liberal hippy dicks who are full of 'smugness' but it's not like I'm trying to rub that in your face and pretend it's true
I
I think most of the world think San Francisco is full of liberal hippy dicks who are full of 'smugness' but it's not like I'm trying to rub that in your face and pretend it's true

Nooooooo, the rest of the world thinks San Fran is full of butt-pirates. I don't necassarily agree, but I was born and raised in NoVa and the whole "ghey" thing was the easiest jab @ SF. I went to the Skins game this past year and had three douchers sitting behind me spouting off homo remarks the whole time....or at least until they left
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Your comment, combined with the fact that the NFL is more profitable than ever (without LA) and the fact that LA has failed in NFL endeavors on several occasions means the NFL has the leverage here.

The NFL is not dying to have a franchise in LA. If it was an necessity, then they would have made it happen long ago. Also, they would give in to the LA group's demands. Simply, the NFL knows they are amazingly well without LA. The LA ownership group needs an NFL team for an NFL stadium. The NFL does not need LA. LA is simply nothing more than a "nice to have".

Yeah, extra billions in revenue is definitely a "nice to have". You are completely clueless.
Your comment, combined with the fact that the NFL is more profitable than ever (without LA) and the fact that LA has failed in NFL endeavors on several occasions means the NFL has the leverage here.

The NFL is not dying to have a franchise in LA. If it was an necessity, then they would have made it happen long ago. Also, they would give in to the LA group's demands. Simply, the NFL knows they are amazingly well without LA. The LA ownership group needs an NFL team for an NFL stadium. The NFL does not need LA. LA is simply nothing more than a "nice to have".

I totally agree with your comment. First of all the NFL has no desire to expand the amount of teams and ruin a balanced schedule which works. Also why would a Billion dollar industry bow to anyone. They don't need to, they don't want to, so unless some existing franchise is willing to move to LA and have there stadium built through independent means away from he NFL I don't see the NFL even considering giving them a team.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:

I totally agree with your comment. First of all the NFL has no desire to expand the amount of teams and ruin a balanced schedule which works. Also why would a Billion dollar industry bow to anyone. They don't need to, they don't want to, so unless some existing franchise is willing to move to LA and have there stadium built through independent means away from he NFL I don't see the NFL even considering giving them a team.

Yup, you are correct sir. LA has a huge uphill battle to earn an NFL team on this one. The NFL is sittin' pretty with all their leverage.
Originally posted by kray28:

Yeah, extra billions in revenue is definitely a "nice to have". You are completely clueless.

Extra billions from what? Most of the NFL's money comes from TV and those deals are set for quite a while, not that having a team in the LA market that already shows NFL games would greatly influence the equation. There would obviously be a spike in merchandise sales after the team moved, but we're not talking about billions in sales let alone revenue, especially when you consider they likely won't be expanding but relocating an existing team.
Just not a good fit, to many mixed loyalties, people from out of state move there and keep an interest in their old teams, and ect, ect, ect.... No team does well there, haven't in years. The last time I can remember a team drawing well in LA was the early 80's Rams, big deal I'm a Niner fan!
Los Angelenos are toooooooo busy doing this......

I'm a diehard niner first and foremost; but i also am a big laker and dodger fan since I live out here in LA. Northern Cali also thinks of us southern californian's as 'superficial.' It's fun to have rivalries but I never got all the hate.

f**k THE DODGERS

Originally posted by mustangmele:
I'm from L.A. county and I can honestly say that's not true. The problem is L.A. has two of everyting. Lakers/Clippers, Dodgers/Angeles, UCLA/U$C and back in the day Rams/Raiders. We aren't like some cities who only have one NFL team let along one major sports team. If L.A. only had one NFL team it would for sure be supported. No doubt about it. Just look at how packed out USC games are.

Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
As an LA COUNTY born and raised to me it wouldn't matter if we get a football team to be honest with you. With NFL Sunday ticket I'm happy with that don't have to deal with traffic, over priced tickets and deal with people that go out and act stupid and ruin everyone else's experience and that happens in every city YES SAN FRANCISCO I BEEN TO 49ERS GAMES! It's more of a Luxury if a FOOTBALL team ever comes to LA but do we need it? PROBABLY NOT! 2 many attractions in the City of Angels that people dictate what we like to pay and have fun. LA is not GB, JAX etc. and all these other small towns that ONLY have football to look forward to.

Ever hear of a place called New York City?? I believe they have more than one major sports team and 2 baseball and 2 football teams. OH and I'm pretty sure there's plenty of stuff to do in NYC, some might say more than in L.A., and they do pretty good with there fan base.....so I hear
[ Edited by MrRedDogSF on Apr 18, 2012 at 8:46 PM ]
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

f**k THE DODGERS

hope you're not a warrior fan too cause the lakers are going to smoke them like the dodgers are going to smoke the giants...
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

f**k THE DODGERS

hope you're not a warrior fan too cause the lakers are going to smoke them like the dodgers are going to smoke the giants...

that's the gayest statement ever.
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:
Ever hear of a place called New York City?? I believe they have more than one major sports team and 2 baseball and 2 basketball teams. OH and I'm pretty sure there's plenty of stuff to do in NYC, some might say more than in L.A., and they do pretty good with there fan base.....so I hear

Yea, I totally agree with that statement above; however, it is commonly "known" that East Coast people love their sports more than us westcoasters.
Originally posted by LBCniner:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
So basically Goodell wants AEG to finance and build the downtown LA stadium for a team, and AEG wants a minority stake in an NFL at a discounted rate as compensation, to which Goodell said "No way". AEG hasn't backed off their terms and now political support for the stadium is starting to fall behind other projects for the site.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-downtown-los-angeles-stadium-232200970--nfl.html;_ylt=Ag4wj7Yz7yg0sEcrLLg.i.dDubYF

f**k LA

f**k you

Do you live in LA? Not bashing the city so much, just the sports teams for the most part.
Share 49ersWebzone