There are 158 users in the forums

Looks like L.A. won't have an NFL franchise for awhile

Shop 49ers game tickets
So basically Goodell wants AEG to finance and build the downtown LA stadium for a team, and AEG wants a minority stake in an NFL team at a discounted rate as compensation, to which Goodell said "No way". AEG hasn't backed off their terms and now political support for the stadium is starting to fall behind other projects for the site.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-downtown-los-angeles-stadium-232200970--nfl.html;_ylt=Ag4wj7Yz7yg0sEcrLLg.i.dDubYF

f**k LA
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Mar 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
LA and AEG are in no position of leverage. The NFL has the leverage here.

LA has tried and failed at NFL football on several occasions. The NFL is doing amazingly well without having a team in LA. The NFL is not in need of a team there. LA needs the NFL, not the other way around.
Originally posted by okdkid:
LA and AEG are in no position of leverage. The NFL has the leverage here.

LA has tried and failed at NFL football on several occasions. The NFL is doing amazingly well without having a team in LA. The NFL is not in need of a team there. LA needs the NFL, not the other way around.

Yeah, I don't get where AEG is coming from. The NFL is getting along quite nicely without a team in the LA market.
Can someone answer this for me? Why did the raiders and rams move out there 17 years ago? isn't la an attractive market? Why wouldn't a team like the raiders or jaguars move to LA in a heartbeat?
area49 is crushed
poor area49
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
area49 is crushed

yea, his hopes that the 49ers will move down there are looking less likely.

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Can someone answer this for me? Why did the raiders and rams move out there 17 years ago? isn't la an attractive market? Why wouldn't a team like the raiders or jaguars move to LA in a heartbeat?

SOMEONE ANSWER THIS NAO!!!!!!!!

I think I remember Al Davis saying the LA fanbase was inconsistent. A lot of fair-weather fans and wagon jumpers, well more so than other cities.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
I think I remember Al Davis saying the LA fanbase was inconsistent. A lot of fair-weather fans and wagon jumpers, well more so than other cities.

thank you kind sir. I would think that the LA market would be more attractive than the jacksonville market, but what do I know?

Actually, for the Raiders, one of the big issues was the blackout rule. The Coliseum seats well over 90,000. They could not fill that up. It is just too big. Even the new Cowboys stadium, without expanding it, is more than 10,000 less than that. Financially, they thought they could make more in Oakland. The funny thing is that the Oakland Coliseum seats 30,000 less than LA ... and they still can't avoid blackouts.

Not sure what the reason for the Rams move was.

Originally posted by 9erStorm:

Actually, for the Raiders, one of the big issues was the blackout rule. The Coliseum seats well over 90,000. They could not fill that up. It is just too big. Even the new Cowboys stadium, without expanding it, is more than 10,000 less than that. Financially, they thought they could make more in Oakland. The funny thing is that the Oakland Coliseum seats 30,000 less than LA ... and they still can't avoid blackouts.

Not sure what the reason for the Rams move was.

I thought it was because of because of similar blackout/financial issues, and that Georgia Frontiere didn't give a f**k about loyalty, and went with the easiest decision and moved the team to her hometown.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Apr 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM ]
LA born and raised! they actually have another site, about 20 miles east of DTLA near the intersection of the 57 and 10, that they are planning to build the stadium too. So if the DTLA stadium doesnt workout then im sure they move on to the next site. Ive even heard that a team can come earlier than expected bc they can use the coliseum while the stadium is being built.Any thoughts on this?
damn it. i wanted to see an nfl team in LA
Too bad.
Build a Stadium they will come. I have zero use for any team based out of LA, or if they ever called LA there home. Rams and Raiders still have the LA stink on them.
Share 49ersWebzone