LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Looks like L.A. won't have an NFL franchise for awhile

Shop 49ers game tickets
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Apr 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM ]
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
Does LA even care if they don't get and NFL team. It really seems that there is not a huge public. Movement to get one there. You may see Jacksonville move to Chicago for there new owner before you see a team in LA.

To answer your question, the answer is no. Here's what happened when the Rams and Raiders left. Just about all the Raider fans remained rooting for them. I hear its like being in a gang. If you leave they'll kill you! Joking aside Raider fans are extremly loyal fan base. Whether in LA or Oakland they'll follow the Raider Nation. Half the Rams fans continue to root for the Rams, while the other half have moved onto another NFL team. Since most in LA are still rooting for the Raiders or have moved on rooting for another NFL team there is a very little push to get a team down here. Besides, LA is Laker country. Every sport comes second to the Lakers. I would go out on a limb and even say the Dodgers do.

I have always had the feeling that LA is a Basketball town over football.
LA loves UCLA boy Troy Aikman and all the scraps fell in love with the Dallas Cowpukes when they to the last Super Bowl held in the Rose Bowl in 1993

Dallas native/LA Dodger Clayton Kershaw completes the alliance...

Well it is for now... Back in the day the city was split between the Rams and Raiders. There wasn't a real lopsided fan base like the Lakers/Clippers have. So neither team probably had the type of support it could have had if LA only had one team. If one NFL team moves here the people will come.

Well it is for now... Back in the day the city was split between the Rams and Raiders. There wasn't a real lopsided fan base like the Lakers/Clippers have. So neither team probably had the type of support it could have had if LA only had one team. If one NFL team moves here the people will come.

The thing is with basketball the LA fans have had a great team pretty much consistently when you consider the history of the Lakers and the Bruins. I just think that people hover to winners and Basketball has pretty much always won in LA that watching basketball has become the habit over there.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
LA loves UCLA boy Troy Aikman and all the scraps fell in love with the Dallas Cowpukes when they to the last Super Bowl held in the Rose Bowl in 1993

on top of that, I believe during those years the Cowboys used to have their training camps in LA....

fake edit-
HA! they are returning again this year. http://www.visitoxnard.com/cowboys/
[ Edited by Afrikan on Apr 13, 2012 at 3:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

on top of that, I believe during those years the Cowboys used to have their training camps in LA....

fake edit-
HA! they are returning again this year. http://www.visitoxnard.com/cowboys/

area49 you have your new team...
Does LA even care if they don't get and NFL team. It really seems that there is not a huge public. Movement to get one there. You may see Jacksonville move to Chicago for there new owner before you see a team in LA.

To answer your question, the answer is no. Here's what happened when the Rams and Raiders left. Just about all the Raider fans remained rooting for them. I hear its like being in a gang. If you leave they'll kill you! Joking aside Raider fans are extremly loyal fan base. Whether in LA or Oakland they'll follow the Raider Nation. Half the Rams fans continue to root for the Rams, while the other half have moved onto another NFL team. Since most in LA are still rooting for the Raiders or have moved on rooting for another NFL team there is a very little push to get a team down here. Besides, LA is Laker country. Every sport comes second to the Lakers. I would go out on a limb and even say the Dodgers do.

As an LA COUNTY born and raised to me it wouldn't matter if we get a football team to be honest with you. With NFL Sunday ticket I'm happy with that don't have to deal with traffic, over priced tickets and deal with people that go out and act stupid and ruin everyone else's experience and that happens in every city YES SAN FRANCISCO I BEEN TO 49ERS GAMES! It's more of a Luxury if a FOOTBALL team ever comes to LA but do we need it? PROBABLY NOT! 2 many attractions in the City of Angels that people dictate what we like to pay and have fun. LA is not GB, JAX etc. and all these other small towns that ONLY have football to look forward to.
Originally posted by okdkid:
LA and AEG are in no position of leverage. The NFL has the leverage here.

LA has tried and failed at NFL football on several occasions. The NFL is doing amazingly well without having a team in LA. The NFL is not in need of a team there. LA needs the NFL, not the other way around.

Lulz. Not even close to being true. The NFL doesn't NEED a team in L.A., it WANTS a team in L.A.

Los Angeles does just fine without the NFL.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Good. f**k LA. Nobody who could afford the tickets would be from there any way.

Originally posted by TX9R:
Good. f**k LA. Nobody who could afford the tickets would be from there any way.

HATER
The chance of LA getting a team may have improved with the funding for a new Minnesota stadium falling through. The Vikings have always been rumored as one of the teams to go there and this could make the owners to decide to move if a stadium is guaranteed in LA.
The chance of LA getting a team may have improved with the funding for a new Minnesota stadium falling through. The Vikings have always been rumored as one of the teams to go there and this could make the owners to decide to move if a stadium is guaranteed in LA.

• Paul
  • Veteran
first Lakers next up Vikings.... could be huge
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
first Lakers next up Vikings.... could be huge

they've even got the same color scheme as the Lakers lol
Share 49ersWebzone