• Veteran
Sam Farmer LA Times @LATimesfarmer

2011 NFL MVP: Aaron Rodgers

Rodgers, needling: "Big Niners fan as a kid, thanks for drafting me."
[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM ]
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by niners9:
stafford won comeback POY

In all fairness, I think he deserved the award...UNLIKE TERRELL SUGGS!

Agree. Stafford did deserve. coming off of a huge shoulder injury and leading his team to the playoffs after all that the Lions have been through ( as much as I hate them, he definitely deserved this one)

But how in the f**k does Von Miller get DROY??!?!?! WTF?!?!?!
Originally posted by Jcool:

lol
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

lol

WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by elguapo:
I know smith Alex will get snubbed by stafford

Snubbed? Stafford was way more deserving. He actually had to "come back," Alex just hung around and played well. Plus, Stafford had a better season anyway. There's no way Alex should have won that award.

Aldon and Justin got snubbed.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Snubbed? Stafford was way more deserving. He actually had to "come back," Alex just hung around and played well. Plus, Stafford had a better season anyway. There's no way Alex should have won that award.

This.
Von Miller was the better overall player than Aldon Smith. Smith was mostly a situational player where as Miller played every down and if his injury doesn't occur his rookie season probably would have looked even better.
Originally posted by Aguirre86:
Von Miller was the better overall player than Aldon Smith. Smith was mostly a situational player where as Miller played every down and if his injury doesn't occur his rookie season probably would have looked even better.

Broncos fan?
Originally posted by niner4life21:

This.

lol what did Stafford come back from? He was injured his first few years in the league and then finally had a good season

f**k Rodgers.

You're crazy man. Alex Smith came out of a s**tton of chaos from coaches and fellow players, a huge arm surgery, another broken arm, fans booing him every play, being benched two or three times in a single season, etc. Stafford had an injury and then stayed healthy. Alex was far more clutch when it mattered and was a big part of the reason why we made it to the NFCC.

Aldon on the other hand played something like 400 snaps less than Miller and wasn't even a starter. I'll agree about Justin though.

Aldon and Justin were robbed. never understood how some people thought Alex could win "comeback POY"
er, broken shoulder, not arm.
No I'm not a broncos fan but it's fact that Aldon Smith was a situational player where as Miller was better overall and probably would have been a more unanimous choice if he didn't suffer his injury which is something you can't forget about.

Alex Smith didn't come back and throw for over 5,000 yards and 40 TDs. He had a great year but it kind of pales in comparison to Stafford's great year and obviously I'm just speaking individual achievement before someone lambasts me and mentions the 49ers playoff victory and near Super Bowl appearance.
[ Edited by Aguirre86 on Feb 4, 2012 at 5:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Whomeam:

You're crazy man. Alex Smith came out of a s**tton of chaos from coaches and fellow players, a huge arm surgery, another broken arm, fans booing him every play, being benched two or three times in a single season, etc. Stafford had an injury and then stayed healthy. Alex was far more clutch when it mattered and was a big part of the reason why we made it to the NFCC.

Aldon on the other hand played something like 400 snaps less than Miller and wasn't even a starter. I'll agree about Justin though.

+1
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Whomeam:

Dude look at the numbers Stafford put up they were insane. Also this is not a team award so the rrecord does not count and its not Stafford's fault he didnt have our defense and special teams.
Share 49ersWebzone