There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If Brady wins next SuperBowl & MVP, will he be considered as great if not better than

If Brady wins next SuperBowl & MVP, will he be considered as great if not better than

Joe being 4-0 to me is big.

But leading your team to the Superbowl in 5 out of 10 seasons is remarkable on its own, going 4-1 in those games has to be right up there. He can still play for another 5-7 years, if not more...he's going to have all the records and the championships.
Originally posted by thedude:
THIS is why I will be hoping for a Giants win, I CANNOT STAND this comparison. Comparing stats of Montana's era to Brady's era is futile, different rules and different circumstances. And if you watched Montana play this isn't even a comparison, he was the most clutch player to ever play and you can't measure that with stats. Brady is great, but Montana will always be better in my opinion.

Yes, but how can you stand the Giants winning after that? Both possible outcomes are absolutely horrible . I'm hoping the Patriots win with 21 points off 3 pick-sixes of Eli Manning. Then I can feel a little better at least.
NO! His kicker won alot of his playoff games. Joe did it with his passing.
[ Edited by rudedog on Jan 25, 2012 at 9:33 AM ]
Originally posted by horsecore:
Different eras of football. Both are great QBs.

This. Offense has many advantages in the game today. Defenses are faster and more athletic, while offenses are more complex... however, the rule changes make this an impossible comparison for me.
So by that rationale



if Eli wins,
he's better than Peyton?
Nobody will ever touch Joe.

4-0 in the SB. 3 mvp's. Never threw an INT in 16 quarters of SB play.

Oh, and he won his team all 4, not his kicker.

Go look up Montana's super bowl stats. That right off the bat shuts the door on Brady's case.
Originally posted by Ninersfan4926:
Yes, but how can you stand the Giants winning after that? Both possible outcomes are absolutely horrible . I'm hoping the Patriots win with 21 points off 3 pick-sixes of Eli Manning. Then I can feel a little better at least.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the Giants either. But I don't particularly dislike Eli, he comes up big when he has to and if we're gonna lose we may as well lose to the Superbowl champs
Stats and records:
Brady > Montana

In my heart the only place that f**king matters:
Montana = Young > Brady
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by valrod33:
If he wins he becomes number 1 on my list


Really? Even after he had a piss poor game? Out of both games, he had by far the crappiest game of all the QB's and yet he's going to the superbowl. Oh brother
what does that have to do with him popssibly winning another superbowl


Because he doesnt even deserve to go to the superbowl. He choked all game long
Originally posted by horsecore:
Different eras of football. Both are great QBs.

this
Joe never lost on the big stage, and he didnt rely on his kicker near as much as Brady does
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
So by that rationale



if Eli wins,
he's better than Peyton?

look at their playoff records I mean it shows Eli has performed better than Peyton, if he wins the Super Bowl (which I think they will) I think he will be better than Peyton and Eli's just entering his prime.
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
So by that rationale



if Eli wins,
he's better than Peyton?

look at their playoff records I mean it shows Eli has performed better than Peyton, if he wins the Super Bowl (which I think they will) I think he will be better than Peyton and Eli's just entering his prime.

The Pats are going to destroy the Giants.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
So by that rationale



if Eli wins,
he's better than Peyton?

look at their playoff records I mean it shows Eli has performed better than Peyton, if he wins the Super Bowl (which I think they will) I think he will be better than Peyton and Eli's just entering his prime.

The Pats are going to destroy the Giants.

How do you know that? the Pats can't stop anyone on defense, their secondary is awful and could be torn apart by Eli Manning especially since they aren't good at rushing the passer. Eli Manning threw for over 300 yards and 2 TDs against us, and we have a defense light years better than the Patriots. The Niners put Manning on his back numerous times, I doubt the Patriots do anything like we did to him. I could see the Giants' defense frustrating Brady he didn't have his best game last week against the Ravens, I think Brady will get hit quite a bit in this game.
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
How do you know that? the Pats can't stop anyone on defense, their secondary is awful and could be torn apart by Eli Manning especially since they aren't good at rushing the passer. Eli Manning threw for over 300 yards and 2 TDs against us, and we have a defense light years better than the Patriots. The Niners put Manning on his back numerous times, I doubt the Patriots do anything like we did to him. I could see the Giants' defense frustrating Brady he didn't have his best game last week against the Ravens, I think Brady will get hit quite a bit in this game.

I don't know that, I'm guessing just like you.
...