LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

If Brady wins next SuperBowl & MVP, will he be considered as great if not better than

Shop 49ers game tickets

If Brady wins next SuperBowl & MVP, will he be considered as great if not better than

Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by valrod33:
If he wins he becomes number 1 on my list

Really? Even after he had a piss poor game? Out of both games, he had by far the crappiest game of all the QB's and yet he's going to the superbowl. Oh brother
what does that have to do with him popssibly winning another superbowl
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Montana never lost on the biggest stage in the biggest game. Brady did. Montana's stats in the SB are also uncanny. And Montana's teams never resorted to cheating. Belichick and his goons were notorious for either filming or having undercover employees spying on opposing teams, going all the way back to 2000.
Originally posted by Apone:
Montana never lost on the biggest stage in the biggest game. Brady did. Montana's stats in the SB are also uncanny. And Montana's teams never resorted to cheating. Belichick and his goons were notorious for either filming or having undercover employees spying on opposing teams, going all the way back to 2000.

Here. And it taints everything the guy accomplishes. For Montana you can say hes got 4SBs without doing a double take. Montana didnt get INTed in SBs as well. in the village of 'QBs with 4SBs' Montana would be tops among them the dude really set the bar high when it comes to SBs.
2 completely different offenses
Originally posted by horsecore:
Different eras of football. Both are great QBs.

this.

I hate comparisons. And I really hate them across two different era's. Is there a reason so many QBs are approaching 5000 yard seasons now when it was unheard of before. Yes.
Originally posted by horsecore:
Different eras of football. Both are great QBs.

This

You can't compare, Joe was a great quarterback, Tom is a great quarterback.
Brady is a great quarterback. One of the all time best. But his legacy was built by Adam Vinatieri's foot.....where as Joe's legacy was built by Joe's arm.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Brady is a great quarterback. One of the all time best. But his legacy was built by Adam Vinatieri's foot.....where as Joe's legacy was built by Joe's arm.

Vinatieri sure kicked himself into FG position
different times. its like the drew brees and dan marino comparison.

I think at the end of the day Joe goes home the winner,

Take this guy away, and then reevaluate Tom Brady

It will be worth the conversation. How can it not be?
No. I hate both teams but the Pats are going to get spanked by the Giants. And then he will have lost two.
if he wins then good for him. he deserves it! he's no average QB.
THIS is why I will be hoping for a Giants win, I CANNOT STAND this comparison. Comparing stats of Montana's era to Brady's era is futile, different rules and different circumstances. And if you watched Montana play this isn't even a comparison, he was the most clutch player to ever play and you can't measure that with stats. Brady is great, but Montana will always be better in my opinion.
At this point I would say there is nothing he can do to become greater than Joe. Here is why.

1. He lost a SB
2. His whole era began with the tuck rule, not a magical way to start off your legacy considering the zebras literally handed it to him(them)
3. Too often his big games come down to a FG, either his Kicker making it or their kicker missing it
4. I could be wrong, but I think Brady has had Belichick longer than Montana had Walsh. I loved Eddie D, but his biggest mistake was not giving Walsh the same kind of security Belichick gets from Kraft
5. Stats, make the proper era specific adjustments and I think Montana's numbers are just flat out better in the playoffs, doubly so for SB games
Share 49ersWebzone