There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Head Coach Firing TRACKER

  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,337
Originally posted by jreff22:
He will leave for a HC job in 2 years

Who would be dumb enough to make him there head coach???
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,337
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Rams to hire former Jets asst. Brian Schottenheimer as their offensive coordinator.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,337
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Rams expected to interview Jets VP/College Scouting Joey Clinkscales for their general manager vacancy this week.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by jreff22:
He will leave for a HC job in 2 years

Who would be dumb enough to make him there head coach???

We hired Sing for gods sake
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 30,911
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wasn't aware of Harrison's contract, all I remember was the Colts just down right releasing him. As for Manning, thanks for clearing up with actual facts. But still one losing season, and they decide to clean house, firing everyone, horrible decisions.

The Polian's clearly outstayed there welcome... Probably more to do with Chris Polian clearly being unable to do his job properly. Caldwell was clearly a bad coach, even when they were winning he was doing nothing to prove it was anything to do with him. Manning was able to cover up pretty much all the mistakes the organization was making. They needed to clean house the same way they did when Manning was first drafted.

How did the Polians out stay their welcome, they haven't had a losing season in almost a decade?? And Caldwell had a 30-20 record in 3 seasons, that's better than most and they've added pretty much no big name free agent since he took over, they pretty much relied on the arm of Peyton Manning. But I think I'd wait to make a final decision on Manning once they find out more about his injury.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wasn't aware of Harrison's contract, all I remember was the Colts just down right releasing him. As for Manning, thanks for clearing up with actual facts. But still one losing season, and they decide to clean house, firing everyone, horrible decisions.

The Polian's clearly outstayed there welcome... Probably more to do with Chris Polian clearly being unable to do his job properly. Caldwell was clearly a bad coach, even when they were winning he was doing nothing to prove it was anything to do with him. Manning was able to cover up pretty much all the mistakes the organization was making. They needed to clean house the same way they did when Manning was first drafted.

How did the Polians out stay their welcome, they haven't had a losing season in almost a decade?? And Caldwell had a 30-20 record in 3 seasons, that's better than most and they've added pretty much no big name free agent since he took over, they pretty much relied on the arm of Peyton Manning. But I think I'd wait to make a final decision on Manning once they find out more about his injury.

He was 28-6 until this season, and there problem was not getting a quality backup to Peyton. He isnt new to injuries, they should of gotten a backup this offseason and not Kerry Collins, Dan Orlovsky and Curtis Painter.

Caldwell wasn't a bad coach. He wasn't great, but not bad. They are old, they have tons of free agents, a huge decision on Manning, and the #1 pick. They need tons of players and help.

This whole Tressel idea is stupid, he isnt an NFL coach.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 30,911
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wasn't aware of Harrison's contract, all I remember was the Colts just down right releasing him. As for Manning, thanks for clearing up with actual facts. But still one losing season, and they decide to clean house, firing everyone, horrible decisions.

The Polian's clearly outstayed there welcome... Probably more to do with Chris Polian clearly being unable to do his job properly. Caldwell was clearly a bad coach, even when they were winning he was doing nothing to prove it was anything to do with him. Manning was able to cover up pretty much all the mistakes the organization was making. They needed to clean house the same way they did when Manning was first drafted.

How did the Polians out stay their welcome, they haven't had a losing season in almost a decade?? And Caldwell had a 30-20 record in 3 seasons, that's better than most and they've added pretty much no big name free agent since he took over, they pretty much relied on the arm of Peyton Manning. But I think I'd wait to make a final decision on Manning once they find out more about his injury.

He was 28-6 until this season, and there problem was not getting a quality backup to Peyton. He isnt new to injuries, they should of gotten a backup this offseason and not Kerry Collins, Dan Orlovsky and Curtis Painter.

Caldwell wasn't a bad coach. He wasn't great, but not bad. They are old, they have tons of free agents, a huge decision on Manning, and the #1 pick. They need tons of players and help.

This whole Tressel idea is stupid, he isnt an NFL coach.

Agreed AB, seriously what's up with Tressel, there's a bunch of college coaches I'd definitely take over Tressel.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,337
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by jreff22:
He will leave for a HC job in 2 years

Who would be dumb enough to make him there head coach???

We hired Sing for gods sake

Singletary was A LOT more of an unknown, we know the type of coach Schottenheimer is.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by jreff22:
He will leave for a HC job in 2 years

Who would be dumb enough to make him there head coach???

We hired Sing for gods sake

Singletary was A LOT more of an unknown, we know the type of coach Schottenheimer is.

He will get a shot at some point, good chance its in the college ranks.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Very serious!!!

They've been consistent in the playoffs for the last 9 years without picking up any major free agents, now all of a sudden Manning gets injured and then the owner starts cleaning house.....yah smart.

Even Steve Young went 10-6 coming off a 14-2 season and Steve Young had a better defense backing him up than what Manning had last year.
They has begun to regress in 2010, dont you get it? Even with Peyton under center, they barely reached the playoffs. Caldwell didnt do anything better, reminds me of Singletary.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 30,911
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Very serious!!!

They've been consistent in the playoffs for the last 9 years without picking up any major free agents, now all of a sudden Manning gets injured and then the owner starts cleaning house.....yah smart.

Even Steve Young went 10-6 coming off a 14-2 season and Steve Young had a better defense backing him up than what Manning had last year.
They has begun to regress in 2010, dont you get it? Even with Peyton under center, they barely reached the playoffs. Caldwell didnt do anything better, reminds me of Singletary.

Again, what kind of help besides the draft did they pick up to help Peyton Manning (who in most eyes is suppose to be Superman and should be able to do it by himself). Even Tom Brady gets free agent acquisitions all the time and he even went 10-6 the year before. Of course your team will regress if you rely on one player all the time, common sense. Their defense was horrible last year, while their offense remained in the top 5. Now why would you clean house when pretty much all you need to do is fix one side of the ball??
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,337
Smart Football @smartfootball

WHATTT RT @KGWSports: KGW's Michael Berk reports Chip Kelly working to finalize a deal that would make him head coach of the Tampa Bay Bucs.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 30,911
Originally posted by Jcool:
Smart Football @smartfootball

WHATTT RT @KGWSports: KGW's Michael Berk reports Chip Kelly working to finalize a deal that would make him head coach of the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Chip Kelly as in Oregon Ducks Chip Kelly??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Again, what kind of help besides the draft did they pick up to help Peyton Manning (who in most eyes is suppose to be Superman and should be able to do it by himself). Even Tom Brady gets free agent acquisitions all the time and he even went 10-6 the year before. Of course your team will regress if you rely on one player all the time, common sense. Their defense was horrible last year, while their offense remained in the top 5. Now why would you clean house when pretty much all you need to do is fix one side of the ball??
The only thing they had, was the passing game. And a little bit of pass-rush...that's all. This is very embarrassing. The team was dead during the season, nearly no life signs...Sorry but THAT is a coach problem.

If you clean up the house, usually you cut everything what is relevant.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Smart Football @smartfootball

WHATTT RT @KGWSports: KGW's Michael Berk reports Chip Kelly working to finalize a deal that would make him head coach of the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home